Mopar RB-1 Navigation Systems for SRT-10 Viper

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am sure many of you saw the first thread, and many others have purchased these units from me. I just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to get the price back down to almost what it was before. I had to temporarily raise the price to 1445.00, which was still 150.00 off regular cost, until I had found a new supplier. Well, that I have done and I can now offer them back at 1415.00 shipped to USA-48! Retail on these units is 1595.00

These are OEM drop-in navigation systems for the SRT-10 with voice directions, full color, 1 DVD map disc, etc. They can also control external 6-disc changers and Sirius satellite radio setups, which I also have available. I can aide in install if need be, and give suggestions. Will fit 2003-2005 SRT-10 Vipers.

6400nav_sys_1-med.JPG

6400nav_sys_radio-med.JPG

AndyP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello the navigation system looks great, does the new system still incorperate the 6 in dash exchanger, do you need an external antenna,and finially is the a Mopar product? thanks

Andy

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello Andy,

When you upgrade to the Nav unit, you do lose you 6-disc IN DASH changer. this is due to the Nav unit not only having a larger amount of internals and thus less room, but the CD reader is also a DVD-type disc reader, not just for standard cd's- though it can still read them and play them like normal. The DVD reader is needed in order to support the increased amount of information stored on the DVD Map Disc. Some Nav systems that dont have DVD readers have multiple Map Discs, where this unit only needs one.

Back on topic of CD changers- It still have the ability to control an external 6-disc changer And/Or a Satellite Radio setup. The AUX Menu controls them directly, and it works like a factory installed system. The Changers can be mounted in the trunk, footwell, etc. I have these available as well.

The Nav system comes with an external GPS antenna, which gets mounted behind the dash, on top of the radio surround. it is about the size of a silver dollar (2"x2") and it a non-invasive direct 1-wire hookup to the back of the Nav unit. All other connections plug in exactly as the factory unit does.

Yes, these are a "Mopar" product. (same as what you get through a Dodge dealer or in a factory Dodge car) Technically, they are made by Alpine however, for Mopar.

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have to agree. I just got the unit and it is well worth it. I have GPS on all my cars and could not live without one on my viper. Additionally, the NAV makes the interior looks much more high end IMHO. The installation takes about 15 minutes. The hard part is taking out the panel. You then unplug the old unit, and plug the unit in, and that's it. I did not trust myself so hired someone to do it. It took him literally 15 minutes to do it. The unit SHOULD have been "standard" for our SRTs. Final GTS is the person to buy from. Thanks for all your help and inputs in the install, finalgts.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VINCENT- Not a problem at all, let me know if you need anything in the future!

ALBERT- RB1 is the better unit. The RB-1 has full mapping capability, where the RB-4 is simply turn-by-turn directions, but does not have a mapping feature. Basically, when you approach a desired street with an RB-4, it simply shows what to do. An RB-1 shows the full route, and gives specific directions at route changes. RB-4 also does not use a single DVD map disc, it uses 2 CD's instead, each covering half the country.

Please see my "group buy" thread down the page if interested!

Thanks,

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the CD slot ONLY for the NAV? Does this mean I cannot play a music CD from the dash slot anymore??

nevrenuf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is, is there only one slot? If so, then if I have to take out the NAV disc to listen to an audio CD, I lose NAV.. SO, is it only one or the other, NAV or Music?????

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, there is only one slot. In order to play a CD in the dash, you will lose Nav. However, you can still listen to the radio, listen to a CD from a CD changer, or listen to Sirius Sat. Radio while in Nav mode, as they do not require that slot.

All of this information is already posted in the group buy thread.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte