Mopar Street Cat Back Exhaust

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just purchased the Mopar Cat Back Street Exhaust, will this exhaust lower the heat on the inside of the car and door sills??? Anybody know how it will sound with the cats still on?? Also wondering if there is anyone around the Vancouver BC area who does a good install other than the dealer..

bcmamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man, hows it going? Im the guy up the steet... anyways, I heard that knight automotive by scott rd and arround 84th does a good job...

Let me know when its done and how it sounds

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had that exhaust on a '05 last year - I have a Corsa on a different '05 now and like it better. Anyway, I removed the secondary cats with the Mopar system (no codes showed up) and used the Roe insulation to help cut down on the heat albeit getting rids of the secondary cats decreases the heat big-time. The sound was improved over stock but if I had to do it again I'd probably get rid of both pairs of cats and go with high flows or none at all.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sell a complete heat wrap kit that insulates your complete exhaust system along with the inside of the cabin of the viper. It sells for $399.95, VCA Member Price is $359.95. You can see it on our web site at:
http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

AtRo Racing‘s Heat Elimination Kit consists of a wrap that you put around all of your exhaust system including the secondary cats, mufflers, and side pipes. First you wrap the entire exhaust system with Thermo-Conductive Wrap, that reflects the heat away from the inside of the car & hold it in place with the supplied stainless steel clamps. Then you coat the entire system with the supplied coating which seals all the pores and makes the wrap waterproof. Then you run the car to let the insulation cure before installing your side sills. Next you install the supplied custom cut insulation mating that goes inside of your car between your carpet and the side sills. This mating runs along the whole side of the sill from the back of the seat to the front of the foot wells and forms a barrier to keep the heat out and the A/C cool air in the cabin. We also supply insulation mating that goes under your floor mats and are glued to the bottom of the mats. Then you glue the supplied rubber mating to the bottom of the heat shield on the mats. We even supply the adhesive and all the fasteners!

Robbie

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
use the search feature, the wrap/insulation kit as the name implies will keep heat in. it may be cooler when driving but will extend the time it takes for the car to cool off when parked /shut off. I would not use any wrap/inuslation on the exhaust.

Get a different exhaust, eliminate cats and cross over and you will mostly be all set.