Mopar Tips

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have not come across anything that fits the race system. I have the newer system. The street system is 2.5" and the race is 3" at the connection. My race tips or turn out pipes do not extend out of the exhaust openings, like the old race system. I'm also looking for something new that works and looks better.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im sure someone has something custom? I dont want to get another exhaust just for the tips. Anyone?

Talk to Kurtis (ILLSMOQ) , he was ordering some tips for his custom exhaust. Not sure what he found,but he may be able to give you a lead on finding aftermarket tips.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So its a must to modify (weld/bend) them a little bit? Any tips from other exhausts that would possibly fit direct bolt on?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEAM,

Those tip DO NOT FIT THE MOPAR RACE EXHAUST. Do not buy them. The tips on my site were developed together with ZAF and are the only ones to date that fit.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deam, They are a complete bolt on without removing anything on your viper, not even the side sills. The tips come with the tool to install them and should take less than 10 minutes to do. We developed them to fit the Mopar-Corsa Cat Back system that uses the side pipes as shown in the picture. Both ZAP and I believe the New Style Full Race Exhaust system has the same tip welded on the end, thus these should fit. If you buy them and there is a fitment problem we will give you all your money back including all UPS charges. This is a no lose deal for you or anyone else who wants to try them on the Mopar-Borla Full Race Exhaust that now come with the welded on Tips.

viperflex

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Mopar Race exhaust tips have a 45 degree beveled cut with a 3.5" opening. These keep burning the paint around the opening. Robbie if you have any 3" turn out pipes "Corsa etc" I'd buy a pair in a second.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy a pair right now too, but there are no tips on my race exhaust, its only a bent pipe. The tips you sell are just Tips right? I think you're confusing the mopar/borla street exhaust with the race exhaust.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy a pair right now too, but there are no tips on my race exhaust, its only a bent pipe. The tips you sell are just Tips right? I think you're confusing the mopar/borla street exhaust with the race exhaust.

ZAF and I know the difference between the cat back system and the old style full race system. We have had customers tell us that they have bought brand new full race systems, not old warehouse stock, and that they now come with a welded on tip with rolled lips just like the ones that come with the cat back system. We were told that they were identical in dimensions. They claim that it burnt their side sill openings. We have not personally seen this new full race system with the rolled edge welded tips. Can anyone confirm the existence of these new tips for sure? If not then our new tip extensions will only fit the cat back style Mopar-Borla tips.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Problem is, the new mopar race exhaust does not have any tips, as viperflex said, all they are, is 45 degree cut with a 3.5 opening... Your confused, the tips you offer will only fit mopar and borla street exhaust, unless you weld and mod each side.

Have you ever put these tips on a race exhaust system including the "old system"? :bonker:

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your not clearing anything up at all. You make little to no sense. So basically If I would of bought the tips from you, and the "bolt on" tips wouldn't fit, I would give you a call and your reply would be "UM"..."I'll see what I can do"..? It kinda makes me think you need to take business 101... Totally avoiding my questions, makes me question your ability to stand behind the products you sell on your AOL page.

Last edited:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your not clearing anything up at all. You make little to no sense. So basically If I would of bought the tips from you, and the "bolt on" tips wouldn't fit, I would give you a call and your reply would be "UM"..."I'll see what I can do"..? It kinda makes me think you need to take business 101... Totally avoiding my questions, makes me question your ability to stand behind the products you sell on your AOL page.

Deam.

I believe you need to go back and reread my earlier post. In case you missed it i said, and I quote,

"If you buy them and there is a fitment problem we will give you all your money back including all UPS charges. This is a no lose deal for you or anyone else who wants to try them on the Mopar-Borla Full Race Exhaust that now come with the welded on Tips." :2tu:

Maybe you do not understand what giving you all your money back including all UPS charges means. Where do you see your comment of "UM"..."I'll see what I can do"..? " in the above post of mine? :nono:

As I said before we are looking into the fitment question of the new Race Exhaust System. I have been talking with Viperflex on the subject and he tells me there is a new polished exhaust tip on the new style system but it is not welded on like the Cat Back System. He has also told me it has a 3-1/2" opening which is the same as the Cat back system. I asked him to send me a picture of the tips and he has told me he will do that when he returns home on Sunday.

Perhaps you, Deam, might take a picture of the new Race System tips on your viper and email them to me at [email protected].

I won't hold my breath waiting.

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are selling the damn product, you should know whether it fits or not instead of experimenting with people and their TIME. From what I'm learning through this thread, you do not have the slightest bit of experience with these tips...Yet you sell them. :omg: :nono:

The worst part about your information, is that yes they will fit the "new exhaust system" however you personally haven't seen the exhaust system, you have only "been told"...

""We have had customers tell us that they have bought brand new full race systems, not old warehouse stock, and that they now come with a welded on tip with rolled lips just like the ones that come with the cat back system. We were told that they were identical in dimensions. They claim that it burnt their side sill openings. We have not personally seen this new full race system with the rolled edge welded tips. Can anyone confirm the existence of these new tips for sure?""

Make the Damn TIPS already, SO I CAN BUY THEM :)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We made the tip extensions for the Cat back system upon request from VCA members. After they were designed and built by ZAF and myself, at AtRo Racing, we were told by some VCA members that they should also fit the new style race exhaust. Seeing we have only about 5 vipers in our area what would you expect us to do? Get on an airplane and run around the country until we find a set of full race exhausts? This is why we asked for a photo of the new tips and the sizes of them. If you took the time to send me a photo instead of complaining then you would have been better off than you are right now. End of story!

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a waste of time. Continue on with your excuses. And go ahead blame me; the consumer.. "If you took the time to send me a photo instead of complaining then you would have been better off than you are right now. End of story!"

RE-READ the entire thread, you don't know your product. Plain and simple.

Go BACK to SCHOOL and Take INTRO to BUSINESS!! Seriously :buttkick:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deam I'm not sure if you system runs 3.5" inch out from the muffler or if it's some sort of transision from 3 to 3.5.

I was searching for a set of tips for the exhaust system I made and found out magnaflow just released a set of tips that were almost what I wanted. I was looking for something like the older Corsa Track tips. These new tips are 3" inner diameter and 3.5" outer diameter, double wall and fully polished the only problem is they are 10" long. I will have to shorten them but they will work out just fine..

CIMG3632.JPG

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ILLSMOQ the tips are 3.5 by 3.

I don't understand what that means, they a have wierd measurments for tips. If it is 3" out of the muffler and transisions to 3.5" then you can make these tips work. They look the same as the Corsa track tips.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Deam I'm not sure if you system runs 3.5" inch out from the muffler or if it's some sort of transision from 3 to 3.5.

I was searching for a set of tips for the exhaust system I made and found out magnaflow just released a set of tips that were almost what I wanted. I was looking for something like the older Corsa Track tips. These new tips are 3" inner diameter and 3.5" outer diameter, double wall and fully polished the only problem is they are 10" long. I will have to shorten them but they will work out just fine..

CIMG3632.JPG

Deam, these tips look real nice in person, almost identical to my Corsa tips. It will look real good once modified and in place. Unfortunately you will have to modify a little to get any of the "good looking" tips to fit. You should PM ILLSMOQ, he is pretty good at fabricating and could probably install them for a fair price.

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a waste of time. Continue on with your excuses. And go ahead blame me; the consumer.. "If you took the time to send me a photo instead of complaining then you would have been better off than you are right now. End of story!"

RE-READ the entire thread, you don't know your product. Plain and simple.

Go BACK to SCHOOL and Take INTRO to BUSINESS!! Seriously :buttkick:

I've bought a number of items from JonB. Do you actually think JonB's gonna hold your hand while you ponder a $200 purchase?

He already said he'd take it back free of charge if it didn't fit. Quit being such a cry baby.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've bought a number of items from JonB. Do you actually think JonB's gonna hold your hand while you ponder a $200 purchase?

He already said he'd take it back free of charge if it didn't fit. Quit being such a cry baby.

At what Point did JON B come into this, go re-read the above posts. This has nothing to do with Parts Rack.:confused: