Mopars @ ETown May 14 - Who was there?

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was the Silver viper racing at E-Town Raceway park yesterday?

I was there with my red one... but stayed off the track... Just hanging with all my LX buddies...

I was surprised there weren't more vipers...

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon there hasn't been to many Vipers down at Etown in a while for that event, there used to be a zone rendezvous for the VCA that ran with the Mopar nats. (last one I went to was in 05' I believe) That's the reason why I bought the Magnum. :smirk:

--RS

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my magnum... And my charger... Have had my Maggie since 05 as well...

Are you on lx forums?

Anyone ever put together a viper track day at e town?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed it? I used to really enjoy that show and have a dozen winner's jackets from the showfield. I remember when there was good turnout for that show, and the last time I went it was a real shame. When it all went to popular vote judging....it was over for me.

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They do 2 days days... Day 1 People's choice, Day 2 Judged classes.

Like I said... there wasn't much their except for the LX cars... Since it's in May every year... I think the weather and threat of rain every year is the main issue.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected about the judging.

I have attended that show since the late 80s, and stopped showing when it went to popular vote. That was a number of years ago and at first it was only popular vote on Saturday, then went to both days. They also change the rules as to how they awarded the winners jackets, where there had to be so many cars in a class, etc.

I just looked at the flyer for the 2011 event and see it's back to being judged on Sunday with jackets to all winners on Sunday. Maybe next year.

OP
OP
R

Randomaccess

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stand corrected about the judging.

I have attended that show since the late 80s, and stopped showing when it went to popular vote. That was a number of years ago and at first it was only popular vote on Saturday, then went to both days. They also change the rules as to how they awarded the winners jackets, where there had to be so many cars in a class, etc.

I just looked at the flyer for the 2011 event and see it's back to being judged on Sunday with jackets to all winners on Sunday. Maybe next year.

yeah... you still didn't miss anything. If there weren't any Hemi cars it would have been a complete non event. They organize and show up with 100+ cars. Maybe we can do that next year with the local vipers.

I always enter the shows... not to win... but for the preferred parking spot... I presume I would have won the people's choice for my class... but left when it looked like rain. LOL

I know the track changed hands... The new owners built up other motor sports like a road course and motocross.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always enter the shows... not to win... but for the preferred parking spot... I presume I would have won the people's choice for my class... but left when it looked like rain. LOL

same here with all car shows/cruises. id never want a trophy, just the good parking

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960