More about VOI7

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya know, now that Ive been "enlightened and educated" by viperricky, I am wondering, why doesnt the event allow a pay upon arrival, like many other events and conventions? you arrive say on friday and if not prepaid you simply pay an inflated fee per day for each day you plan to attend events. Many major sporting events and professional events do this, i think it would be a great idea to consider it for VOI8 and for the sake of viperricky's peace of mind. I would simply hate he doesnt sleep well due to nightmares of us evil unkempt party crashers ruining his soiree.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would guess the problem with that is logistics. Besides the "goody bag" everybody gets, there is also the issue of scheduling track time, number of seats at the dinner table, etc., etc. While many could say, "Hey, I'll go!" The reality is that even prepaid folks sometimes cancel. If you didn't pay at least a portion up front, it could get crazy with no-shows. The meals, the track time, and just about everything else is set up for a predetermined number of people. They need to know that number well in advance of the actual Invitational.

That's my thought anyway!

Chris

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i disagree. for example, ive been an attending physician as well as a vendor/sponsor of the Arnold classic bodybuilding contest and fitness expo for a couple yrs now. its every yr in columbus ohio and the fitness expo pulls a few hundred thousand heads over three days time. packages are available prepaid and the option to show up and pay as you go is also allowed, now obviously you may not get to do all you desire due to lack of availability but thats the rewards for pre-paids. everything from parties and events, to photo shoots and dinners is a possibility. if it can be done on such a grand scale as this, then DC/VCA could do it as well with some planning and well thought ideas.

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you'd been to one of the Viper Owners Invitationals you'd know the answers to your questions. Also, if you had ever organized an event for 10 people or more you'd know why you need a commitment and payment in advance. It's not as easy as just showing up and having a good time. The people who put this together deserve a huge amount of credit. It's a first class event and well worth the money. My wife and I have been to all but the second VOI and of course that was supposed to have been the best one ever!

OP
OP
V

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rod, im not saying it is not a first class event and not worth the cost, i agree it is and then some, my point is, for those who cannot commit or simply procrastinate, which is every mortals god given right, some ideas for a pay per day for at least limited participation should be considered for future VOI's.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I see that you understand what a monumental task it is to organize an event of this caliber.

Rustman, We tried the a al carte program with a Rendezvous event last year and it didn't cover the expences. Can't see making that mistake again.

Viperricky (hehehe)