More pictures from Woodhouse ACR

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw, the ACR was not announced in December of 06

No, the ACR was not but it was obvious that a new, more powerful Viper was on the horizon. I got a very good price on my new SRT10 and was commited to buying it, with plans to turbo it. I don't have any regrets but who would not like an ACR? If I were in the market for a new Viper, it would certainly be my pic (and most everybody else's).

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 2000 GTS in July '07, after I bought the SRT10. Somebody else took the loss, not I. I only paid 45k for it in July and it had fewer than 12k miles on it. Keep trying, REDSLED. You are still failing to get me.

I get you. Classic example of envy, pure and simple. Ragging on someone else's car, because you don't have one or worse ragging on the quality of pictures they took. Then justifying a previous purchase of a 2000 GTS because you got a great deal on it, then telling us that you have a weekend house, etc. Blah, blah, blah. I'm amazed you can fit your ego into Viper.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure you can, a twin turbo ACR.:rolaugh:

I think you need to read up a bit about Vipers. Nobody is building an '08 twin turbo when they can build a pre '08 for a lot less. RSI claims to be building one but it doesn't make much sense when the setup needs so much more work than older Vipers do.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get you. Classic example of envy, pure and simple. Ragging on someone else's car, because you don't have one or worse ragging on the quality of pictures they took. Then justifying a previous purchase of a 2000 GTS because you got a great deal on it, then telling us that you have a weekend house, etc. Blah, blah, blah. I'm amazed you can fit your ego into Viper.

Now who is kidding? Who do I envy? The ACR is a great Viper and I hope those who buy it, enjoy it. I'm just not too thrilled about the wheels and some of the color combinations. Like I said, if I were in the market for a new car, it would be my pic of the litter.

I always liked the GTS and was debating over buying one vs. turbocharging my SRT at the time. Then I found one I liked a lot (love the color combo) and the GTS won out. What does a weekend house have to do with buying a GTS? I only mentioned it to explain some of the reason that I drive the SRT less than I drive the GTS. It seems that you have the insecurity issues and not I. Stock vs. stock the ACR is the high mark for Vipers to date. There is no doubt about that. However, how many of us keep our Vipers stock? I doubt I am the only member here who would prefer a new Underground Racing T.Turbo 1300rwhp Viper over a stock ACR. Financially, this is the choice for me.

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you need to read up a bit about Vipers. Nobody is building an '08 twin turbo when they can build a pre '08 for a lot less. RSI claims to be building one but it doesn't make much sense when the setup needs so much more work than older Vipers do.

Was a joke, hence the spinning, laughing smilie.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you high rollers need to spend some money and get a decent digital camera. It doesn't make sense to take pics of a 100k car with a $100 camera.

My guess is you got warned for the above part of yourstatement, which isnt an opinion as you don't even know what kind of camera it was, it was just a put down.

On a similiar note, I hate black rims. When the car is driving it looks like the car has no rims and the hubcaps were lost......

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now who is kidding? Who do I envy? The ACR is a great Viper and I hope those who buy it, enjoy it. I'm just not too thrilled about the wheels and some of the color combinations. Like I said, if I were in the market for a new car, it would be my pic of the litter.

I always liked the GTS and was debating over buying one vs. turbocharging my SRT at the time. Then I found one I liked a lot (love the color combo) and the GTS won out. What does a weekend house have to do with buying a GTS? I only mentioned it to explain some of the reason that I drive the SRT less than I drive the GTS. It seems that you have the insecurity issues and not I. Stock vs. stock the ACR is the high mark for Vipers to date. There is no doubt about that. However, how many of us keep our Vipers stock? I doubt I am the only member here who would prefer a new Underground Racing T.Turbo 1300rwhp Viper over a stock ACR. Financially, this is the choice for me.

You're playing in the wrong sport.. do you even know what you are talking about? Do you know what it takes to make a track car, it's not just hp.. , you're not making any sense whatsoever. You're complaining about wheels and paint? You obviously don't have a clue what it takes to make a car for the track, the last thing they are concerned with is cosmetic appearance.. It's obviously not a track car for you.. so quit complaining about the ACR already..

If you want to debate.. zero insecurity issues here.. I have the time. :D

Last edited:

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're playing in the wrong sport.. do you even know what you are talking about? Do you know what it takes to make a track car, it's not just hp.. , you're not making any sense whatsoever. You're complaining about wheels and paint? You obviously don't have a clue what it takes to make a car for the track, the last thing they are concerned with is cosmetic appearance.. It's obviously not a track car for you.. so quit complaining about the ACR already..

If you want to debate.. zero insecurity issues here.. I have the time. :D
I think you are the one who doesn't know what he is talking about. The ACR is a track car? LMAO! Compared to what, a corvette? It is a street legal, casual track car at best for weekend enthusiasts. As a production street legal car, it is an excellent road course car. Even so, it is not a professional track car. No street legal car is although a Saleen S7 comes close. I never said anything about my Vipers being track cars. They are all street cars. If somebody were going to buy a Viper strictly for the track, he would be much better off with a comp coupe than an ACR.

As far as my statements about lousy pics and cheap cameras go, I stand by those but although I was serious, I don't think it is profoundly insulting to tell somebody to buckle down and buy a suitable camera for their 100k car. Are we all sissies that hurt and cry over such things? A decent digital camera is quite inexpensive and should be a tool in every Viper owner's toolbox.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is you got warned for the above part of yourstatement, which isnt an opinion as you don't even know what kind of camera it was, it was just a put down.

On a similiar note, I hate black rims. When the car is driving it looks like the car has no rims and the hubcaps were lost......

The pictures were of low quality so obviously they were not taken with a good camera. My point was that maybe my opinion would be more positive if the pics were taken with a better camera so that the colors would be better represented. Of course, I agree with your sentiments about the all black wheels. I realize that Dodge went for the "rough" look in the ACR but I think it looks a bit too plain in some of the color options. The concept Viper with the gray/ satin black finish was awesome. The black with red driver stripe would look fine with just a change of wheels. I definitely like the venom red color but for some reason, it looks great (sort of a candy apple red) in some pics and dull in others. This could be because of lighting or poor picture quality or both. I also think it would look better with a venom red driver stripe or all venom red with conventional dual Viper stripes. Either way, those all black wheels don't do it for me at all. I'd love to see some IForged anthracite Astras on an ACR, with polished lips.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmm......Alex the ACR critic...do you like the sound of it??

PS I like the ACR's. ........ just putting it out there.:2tu:

The pictures were of low quality so obviously they were not taken with a good camera. My point was that maybe my opinion would be more positive if the pics were taken with a better camera so that the colors would be better represented. Of course, I agree with your sentiments about the all black wheels. I realize that Dodge went for the "rough" look in the ACR but I think it looks a bit too plain in some of the color options. The concept Viper with the gray/ satin black finish was awesome. The black with red driver stripe would look fine with just a change of wheels. I definitely like the venom red color but for some reason, it looks great (sort of a candy apple red) in some pics and dull in others. This could be because of lighting or poor picture quality or both. I also think it would look better with a venom red driver stripe or all venom red with conventional dual Viper stripes. Either way, those all black wheels don't do it for me at all. I'd love to see some IForged anthracite Astras on an ACR, with polished lips.

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! This thread got WAY off course!! So, I'll just say this.

To whomever ordered this beautiful car:

You made a wonderful choice. It's a beautiful car and will look great on the street or the track. The venom red looks great in the light and will turn a lot of heads and the power will leave a lot of little boys (and girls) crying in it's exhaust.:D

To Negative Nancy:

Take the negativity somewhere else and don't rain on someone else's parade. You are welcome to your opinions and are free to express them in another thread but this was someone else's moment and you just ruined it for them. Shame on you!:mad:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why all the arguing? This is dumb.

Alex doesn't prefer those colors or black wheels. Big deal. Grown men should be able to post an opinion whether it is good or bad. Not everyone has to love everything just because it has a Viper logo on it.

Personally, I think the red ACR in this thread looks nice. Not my first choice in color, but it looks nice. I'd rock it.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great car.......great color choice (because you chose it, that makes it great for you!!!), this thread served no purpose for the owner of this new ACR........all tastes are different, if we were all the same we'd all have a blue SRT-10 coupe with silver stripes, and on, and on, and on......who take pictures with an expensive digital camera.....and on, and on, and on..........

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car.......great color choice (because you chose it, that makes it great for you!!!), this thread served no purpose for the owner of this new ACR........all tastes are different, if we were all the same we'd all have a blue SRT-10 coupe with silver stripes, and on, and on, and on......who take pictures with an expensive digital camera.....and on, and on, and on..........

$500 is expensive?

NineBall, that is quite a collection you have. I must commend you on your taste in american cars. I also have a '68 vette. Who doesn't love a 1969 Camaro? I don't have a Camaro but the '69 is pure greatness. 1970 Chevelle is also one of the most desirable muscle cars ever. No offense but if I were going to choose whose automotive will I would be included in, I think I would be in yours and might even slip you a tainted cookie if the colors of your cars are a bit too delectable to resist. :D

Last edited:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my ACR in the next six weeks but I guess I won't be posting any pictures though. I only have a Canon Rebel XT camera. I'll wait until I get a better camera.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm supposed to get my ACR in the next six weeks but I guess I won't be posting any pictures though. I only have a Canon Rebel XT camera. I'll wait until I get a better camera.

Surely you have enough time to purchase a camera before the ACR arrives. I am not familiar with the Canon but perhaps it is a fine camera. Don't tease your Viper brethren like this. Junkies like we, need pics. Just please give us the good stuff.

OP
OP
V

Venomiss

Post away with any kind of pictures you want because many members would love to see your new car when you get it.
Some lucky owner of this car will want some pictures of it for sure and probably take many more in the future.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You're joking right? Who cares what these snapper heads think about picture quality? Post the pics. Forget about everyone else.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Johniew398,

Please take a picture of your coming off the truck with the oldest cell phone camera you can find; I'll be thrilled to see even a grainy shot of the smile on your face when your ACR arrives....better yet, take a picture of yourself now, then one of your face after your 1st drive in the ACR and we'll have a before and after shot......I betcha you'll have a HUGE smile that you won't be able to get rid of.

Regards,
Aaron

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well..... my ACR should be here before the end of September. It's black with the red stripe. Currently I have a picture of one as my wallpaper. I have no idea what the resolution of the picture is and I could give a rats a$$ about the colour rendering but I'd like to thank someone - don't know who, for posting it. I copied it, made it my wallpaper and I drool over it everyday.

I have a decent camera and I will post pics when I get my car but please post pics of your Viper. The year doesn't matter, the colour doesn't matter and the quality doesn't matter. I'd love to see it! And this includes the ACR at the beginning of this thread. Nice car!

BTW, I've driven a 1000hp Galardo for a magazine test (Modified Luxury & Exotics)and the motor just overwhelmed the car. The motor hit HARD and it made the car terrible for the track. It was way fast on the straights but pulled out of the corners with all the predictability of Rosanne Barr at a basball game - no power, no power, no power, WAY TOO MUCH POWER!!! At the end of the day the car did a respectable lap time but was not fun to drive. I'd prefer a supercharger to a turbo set up any day. No question though, that Gallardo was incredible.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me, and hopefully others here that Alex is taking the high road whereas many others are jumping on him. I for one see nothing wrong with criticizing the fuzzy pictures or his opinion of the ACR. I love the ACR and it's colors and respect others' opinions. Who am I to start trouble? Johnny boy

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're joking right? Who cares what these snapper heads think about picture quality? Post the pics. Forget about everyone else.

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!!!! (To Venomiss as well!) WE wanna see your pics...you're as proud of YOUR Viper as anybody else...SHOW US YOUR PICS...when you can~~! :2tu: ~juli

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DITTO, DITTO, DITTO!!!!! (To Venomiss as well!) WE wanna see your pics...you're as proud of YOUR Viper as anybody else...SHOW US YOUR PICS...when you can~~! :2tu: ~juli
I'm with you also Juli and Venomiss. Alexrz likes to hijack threads and get under people's skin. I fell in to his shananigans last week over a thread that someone posted in crashing their 08 and he felt compelled to rip on them. Most of the members here are one the same page and there are some that will never find it.
To the proud owner of the ACR, your car is awesome and most peoples envy. Like Juli says, keep taking and posting pictures with whatever camera you own as most of us here, LOVE looking at VIPERS.:2tu:

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was not aware that members here had bought those cars. The venom red is an interesting color but I think the ACR would look much better with a different wheel, such as the Iforged anthracite with polished lips. It is my belief that the ACR's are too dark overall and need more contrast. A simple change of wheels would do wonders. I'd really like to see a venom red driver stripe on the one above and would definitely like to see more high quality pics with decent cameras. I bought my camera from freakin' Wal Mart, for god's sake and it didn't exactly break the bank (about $500) and has 10 megapixels of clarity. Surely anybody who can buy a new ACR can afford such a camera.

I think the black with silver stripes. Is the best looking ACR.:)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperVon: THANX for your support...lots disagree here about us asking for PICTURES of sometimes STOCK Vipers...but hey, I say the OWNERS of these cars WANNA show them off...no matter if it's a camera phone/throwaway camera/Nikon...doesn't matter...show us your pics!!! We're proud FOR you and join in your celebration of obtaining a VIPER! You'll get MORE people here who enjoy the pictures than the ones who are negative (those you can fully ignore!)....juli

ViperVon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperVon: THANX for your support...lots disagree here about us asking for PICTURES of sometimes STOCK Vipers...but hey, I say the OWNERS of these cars WANNA show them off...no matter if it's a camera phone/throwaway camera/Nikon...doesn't matter...show us your pics!!! We're proud FOR you and join in your celebration of obtaining a VIPER! You'll get MORE people here who enjoy the pictures than the ones who are negative (those you can fully ignore!)....juli

:2tu::2tu::2tu:Well said!!!!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Johniew398,

Please take a picture of your coming off the truck with the oldest cell phone camera you can find; I'll be thrilled to see even a grainy shot of the smile on your face when your ACR arrives....better yet, take a picture of yourself now, then one of your face after your 1st drive in the ACR and we'll have a before and after shot......I betcha you'll have a HUGE smile that you won't be able to get rid of.

Regards,
Aaron

My post was tongue in cheek. Don't worry, I will be taking a ton of pictures and posting.