Most Expensive Sports Cars To Insure

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That list looks like pure nonsense to me... It lists the Viper Converible as most expensive @ $2580. The Ford Mustang is way down on the list @ $1221...

I pay about the same insurance premium for my 2002 Mustang GT as I pay for my 2008 Viper... (I guess the Viper is 20% more but that's completely expected because its tax value is also 7 times that of the the Mustang. The liablility coverage is the same for both cars, only the comprehensive is more expensive due to the value difference of the two cars).

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That list looks like pure nonsense to me... It lists the Viper Converible as most expensive @ $2580. The Ford Mustang is way down on the list @ $1221...

I pay about the same insurance premium for my 2002 Mustang GT as I pay for my 2008 Viper... (I guess the Viper is 20% more but that's completely expected because its tax value is also 7 times that of the the Mustang. The liablility coverage is the same for both cars, only the comprehensive is more expensive due to the value difference of the two cars).

Ahh, you do not live in Southern California! Viper is definitely expensive to insure!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought the GT-R, they didn't have it in their system, they just went by the MSRP and the type of car.....

GT-R: $112/month (15k miles per year)
ACR: $103/month (2k miles per year)

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper was cheaper to ensure than my 99 BMW 328ic, and would still be cheaper if I got a 328 Spider Ferrari at that time (selling for double of the price).

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you pull up the list in the article (click Rate on nearly 300 vehicles then click Sports Cars) it shows Viper Convertable as the most expensive with the GT-R in 2nd place and the Viper Coupe in 3rd. The list is very in complete and has no data for a lot of the high end sports cars. The average insurance costs listed seem very high. My Viper cost lest to insure then my Gallardo and cost about the same as my Z06. All of my car premiums are well below those shown on the list.