Motor Trend

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks Motor Trend for (as you say (LOL)) making SRT build it!!

And for putting together one of the BEST cover stories ever!!!

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have not figured out why they called the car Time Edition instead of Track Edition

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
First of all its not Time Edition..it's Time Attack....see as in "attacking the time"...get it?! making the time shorter?@!..and thus the car faster! (which of course..they did!!!)....

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally prefer "Track Assassin" it's more sinister sounding and more appropriate for the Viper's lineage... IMHO.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally prefer "Track Assassin" it's more sinister sounding and more appropriate for the Viper's lineage... IMHO.

Imagine the hilarious backlash from using "Assassin" in the name. I can hear it now. "SRT Promotes Violence Through New 'Assassin' Viper" .... "Gilles Apologizes for Hate Inspired Viper" LOL

Killer33

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Imagine the hilarious backlash from using "Assassin" in the name. I can hear it now. "SRT Promotes Violence Through New 'Assassin' Viper" .... "Gilles Apologizes for Hate Inspired Viper" LOL

You're probably right.. between the HR peeps, attorneys and trying to be PC it probably wouldn't fly... Oh well, but the Viper is supposed to be a monster anyway.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then you will have the Vette guys abbreviating it to "Track Ass"....No thanks.. They could have used "Track Asp" lol...Anyway whats in a name. Especially when teh TA gets its Trofeo running shoes it will assisinate cars on the track.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about the inspiration behind Viper's beautiful curves, think Halle Berry. Think T&A! LOL. I can't take credit for that one, someone else here on the forum came up with it. That's what TA means to me :D

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They probably called it TA to pay homage to the old TA models, but since its really not a "Trans am" model they just called it "Time Attack" instead. At least thats my guess.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops......my bad.....I still do not know why they did not call it Track Edition......we have had Final Edition, First Edition, and the current LE.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Track Attack is what it is ........"Time Attack" seems a little nerdy.

Yeah-but..if Ralph calls it TIME ATTACK....then it's TIME ATTACK!!!

And doncha think we're all a bit nerdy sitting here on our computers commenting about a magazine story?! LOL!!

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think about the inspiration behind Viper's beautiful curves, think Halle Berry. Think T&A! LOL. I can't take credit for that one, someone else here on the forum came up with it. That's what TA means to me :D

The wife has mentioned the resemblence to the female body without knowing about Ralph's statement. I think the wife is bragging on her gender.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Car is Super ... article not so hot.

Full of too many back-handed compliments.

So anti-Mopar ....

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Track Asp.

Kudos actually go to SRT and Ralph, let Motor Trend toot their horns about forcing SRT to make this car, when it was already conceived and in conception long before the original run with the Corvette. Go with the flow and now we have more press, more positive press , and likely it would have just been a side note on the TA if it had just come out as initially planned.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MT version of events is much more interesting and beneficial to SRT...if the garden variety Gen V would beat a ZR1, then a TA would just be another option package. Yes, thank MT for making the TA relevant. Just my 2c.

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MT version of events is much more interesting and beneficial to SRT...if the garden variety Gen V would beat a ZR1, then a TA would just be another option package. Yes, thank MT for making the TA relevant. Just my 2c.

Wondering how well the ZR1 will fare against production SRTs and GTS now, especially during multiple runs and longer lapping/tracks. Given the statement that the ZR1 boiled it's brake fluid and the engine may see some heat soak, the Gen Vs are looking stronger as time goes on.

Competition improves the breed.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how well the ZR1 will fare against production SRTs and GTS now, especially during multiple runs and longer lapping/tracks. Given the statement that the ZR1 boiled it's brake fluid and the engine may see some heat soak, the Gen Vs are looking stronger as time goes on.

Competition improves the breed.

I talked at length with the program director at Ron Fellows School about heat soak with the ZR1s. He confirmed, absolutely yes it's a problem. A top driver can't drive them for more than a few laps before needing to let them cool. I could see that the Z06 is nearly as fast, and doesn't suffer from heat soak. He's a big fan of normally aspirated, loves the new Viper. Made me feel good about SRT's decision to stay the course with a big-cube, normally aspirated V10 :D

The brake fluid doesn't worry me, however. Change the brake fluid to hi-temp, make sure it's fresh, and that problem is eliminated. You need to do that whether the brakes are steel or carbon ceramic, before driving hard at the track. I see a strong argument for CCBs on the track-intended ACR, TA, and as an option for the other cars. If someone's a track rat, as a lot of Viper owners are, let them have the option.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950