Motul Fluids

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know if there are any drawbacks if I use top-of-the-line Motul fluids for:

1. Engine
2. Brakes
3. Tranny
4. Other parts ?

Thanks for your advice!

P.S. I'll be on the track in one month.

OP
OP
S

SilverViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Mobil-1 is not a real synthetic oil anymore. Do you think that using a real synthetic oil (with the Mopar filter) will be harmful for the engine?

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do the same as slaughterj. Motul brake/clutch, Mopar fluids for trans/diff/power steering, Mobil1 oil.

They make Vipers with Mobil1 today so I'm sticking with it.

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But Mobil-1 is not a real synthetic oil anymore. Do you think that using a real synthetic oil (with the Mopar filter) will be harmful for the engine?

FYI, The Mopar Oil filter is made by Mobil-1 and no you can't harm the engine by using the correct grade synthetic or blended oil.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why use Motil for the clutch? Does't seem like a high wet boiling point is needed for the clutch. I use Motil 600 RBF for brakes and Valvoline Synthetic for clutch.

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind when using Motul brake fluid is that I believe it absorbs water more quickly than more conventional DOT-4 fluids with a lower boiling point. This means that, if you use it, you would need to change it more frequently.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use it for the clutch because I'm still a rookie brake bleeder even with the Motive Bleeder and I always end up with extra fluid left over so I use it in the clutch.

I was told Motul does not absorb water more quickly than conventional DOT4 fluids.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960