mounting Moton resevoirs inside the car?

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I just got my Motons and springs for the '05 but now I have an odd question.

I would like to mount the resevoirs inside the engine bay (for the fronts) and inside the trunk (for the rear). I recall someone else doing this recently.

Question: Can I disconnect the resevoir from the shock, drill a small hole (size of the tube) and use a rubber gromet to seal it? If so, life is good. If not, do I need to drill a hole big enough for the entire canister to go throug? That seems kind of odd.

Hoping one of you helpful folks out there may already know the answer.

thanks in advance -

j

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J, I mounted the fronts on the core support (for lack of better discription)in the front of the engine compartment with hose clamps. The rears I mounted in the trunk vertically. Send me a PM with a different email address and your phone number and I will forward picutres of the installation then call you will a discription. However you will have to wait until next week as I am on my way to Viper Days at V.I.R. this weekend and the fact that my computer(pictures of the installation were on it)was stolen last week and am waitng for a replacement.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Call Mark Jorgensen, our Performance Service Coordinator , as we do this on all our installs. Just chat with him and I am sure he can assist you.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893 --- same number for Mark.

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay,

Matt from Dodge Motorsports suggests mounting the front canisters to the back side of the airbox and not to the crossmember or any other metal object in the car due to heat transfer to the canisters...

sbw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wartymender