Enthusiast
Reaction score
at a recent autocross

laugh.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laugh.gif
I assume you were charging the slow corners on purpose, given the quantity of cones you consumed? The trick for fast times, of course, is to enter the slow corners slow and off the gas to get the car rotating, get your turning done, and then accelerate quickly out...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY COW!

Could you imagine loosing the back end and hitting those light poles... Now that would be a ***********!
laugh.gif

Gerald

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, the idea is to miss the cones, not see how many you can hit
smile.gif

Well, at least you didn't do a 360 degree spin like someone I know .. oh, that was me. Oh, and it was in the braking box, doh. If only I had that on tape. - but I only hit 2 cones in the spinout
tongue.gif

Dave.

And I agree, never seen such an obstacle course autox - just say no to light poles.

RECOIL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did an autocross once. For anyone who hasn't, be sure to get there early to memorize the track.

I didn't kill cones like Afy (grin) -- but I went the wrong way each run.

"Wrong Way" Recoil

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
also, like they taught in safety class "aim high in steering" ... in other words ... look far ahead of where your car is!

Sort of like billiards....2-3 moves ahead to win... you should be looking at the next turn or even further, when your in your current turn.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I looked close it appears that you dragged one of the cones under your car for awhile too.
laugh.gif
I have never done an autocross, but I would be concerned with those big cement cones on the course with the light poles sticking out of them, ouch.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Afy,
This was hilarious. In all fairness to you, having set-up over 100 courses over the past 20+ years, that is the tiniest course I have ever seen. Hopefully the next one you go on will be alot larger. Until then, " Afy the Conehead", shall rule supreme across the parking lots of America.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score