MT readers choose Viper over ZR1 - Poll results

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good post , guess alot of them would like to be one of the proud , the few, the Vipermaniacs, instead of the masses. Guess a handbuilt , Carbon fiber, svelte beauty built at Conner has some weight over a robotic Bowtie machine that most folks can't tell from a plain Coupe.
Just my humble little opinion, of course.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd never drive a vette, they're great cars, but they do nothing for me. I'm not surprised by the poll at all. It doesn't make me any happier though given the cars are so close in performance. Plus it's fun to troll a thread and make a lot of hoopla on the internet. Many of you may not appreciate the sport, but I do. If Jeff Lemke makes a wide body kit that gives the GTS the stance it so badly deserves, I'll forgive SRT for prioritizing gadgets over speed. ;)

It's not the end of the world while it's fun to act as if it was..But the new Gen V is not, as the sheeple love to say, a "game changer".

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the cars in that poll makes the other one disappear. Its a no-brainer for most to choose the one that remains visible :)

Just goes to show, it's not just about the numbers.

huh? I thought a poll was All about the numbers....:dunno: j/k (i know what you meant)

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's no surprise at all. The Viper is the more desirable car period. It just should have "distinguished" itself more performance wise. The overall performance of the car could have been made much stronger.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the major difference between the Viper and the Corvette is that the Viper has always looked "alive" and the Vett has looked just like a very fast car. It's almost as if the car itself is trying to kill you when you mistreat it, not just the laws of physics.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The overall performance of the car could have been made much stronger.

This is not true. The current V10 platform is basically maxed out. Perhaps a few small tweaks here and there left, but nothing to make it "much" stronger.
Suspension and aero will come with the ACR as expected. The base vipers do not need 1000lbs of downforce like the racing version. Its not efficient for MPG or tire wear.

This is the info that i gathered from listening to the engineers speak in person.

Pumpgas, If you have any further valid info, please share.:2tu:

and... No... forced-induction is not an option, lol

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is also the top choice of video game vehicles around the world. Despite the recent pooping on it, the Viper is still the ultimate American bad ass supercar. :)

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50+ years from now when people are restoring these cars like they do 70s muscle cars today, I wonder which one will me more desireable. ;)

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the real test will be when the C7 comes out in 2014. Had a vette. waaaayyy too mass produced. kept seeing them everywhere, got pissed and traded it for a lambo. the non seperation between the regular corvette and the Z06 or ZR1 also seems unfair as they look basically the same and the latter is double the price...doesnt seem right. still think the new snake will be chosen over the c7. then again lots of folks will just buy both; why choose. Thats like all the ferrari v. lambo guys...i know several who own them both. end of beef!!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. The viper is dead ****, period. Considering both it and the ZR1 leave such high dollar exotics in their rear view mirror is amazing to anyone that knows anything about cars. I'm just proud the vette and the viper are chasing each other at the head of the pack.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, now we can have 500 responses on how great the gen 5 Viper is, to counter balance that "other" thread :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the major difference between the Viper and the Corvette is that the Viper has always looked "alive" and the Vett has looked just like a very fast car. It's almost as if the car itself is trying to kill you when you mistreat it, not just the laws of physics.

Well the Corvette was named after a WW2 ****** vessel, Snakes have been around for longer.... wait hold it, 498 :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper is also the top choice of video game vehicles around the world. Despite the recent pooping on it, the Viper is still the ultimate American bad ass supercar. :)

I just wish there would be a Gen 5 in a Wii game :eater:.... crud there we go again, 497.

Last edited:

yellowmz3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the 'other post', I don't think anyone on any forum can say the Viper isn't drop dead gorgeous.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paging yellowmz3, you are breaking the chain of numbers so for your pleasure I am doing a double... 496 and 495 :eater: