1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 05 need a tranny...Help

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by SRT2See, May 31, 2020.

1. SRT2See

SRT2See Enthusiast

My 05 is in getting a supercharger installed. The tranny was always stiff ... when they pulled it it was a mess. Any suggestions? Used on eBay? Rebuilt T56, or I found Tremec T56 Magnum offered by Tick Performance as a direct bolt in.

2. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member Venom Member

How about rebuilding/strengthening/micro polishing yours at Donato Engineering (MI) or RPM (IN) ?

3. PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS Enthusiast

I crunched the second gear in my 98 and was lucky enough to find a great tranny guy in my town who not only removed/rebuilt/replaced it for a great price, but had the skills to swap out the super tall 5th and 6th overdrive gearing for the shorter version found in older Aston Martins so that I ended up with a true 6-speed instead of a 4-speed with two overdrives. Best mod I ever did to the car because with 3:55 rear gears fifth became a usable gear. So whoever does your work, ask them about swapping out the 5th and 6th gears.

4. FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE VCA Venom Member Venom Member

I have a 6060 from a Gen 4 I would sell. The T56s tended to be really notchy to me vs 6060s which are very smooth. I'm not sure what all would need to be done if anything to put a 6060 in a Gen 3 but I know lots of people have done it. Let me know if you are interested. I would send it to a trans shop for inspection to make sure it's in good condition before I would sell it to ensure you are getting a good transmission. Thanks

5. 97BlueWhite4Sale

97BlueWhite4Sale Enthusiast

If it fits, I have a new never been in a vehicle, 1997 Viper tranny. Best, [email protected]