My 1996 Blue & White GTS is in the classifieds

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why didnt you just pay the guy more, if you felt its so important to keep the price up? *SIMPLE, I PAID WHAT HE ASKED. AS WE ALL KNOW IT WAS A GREAT DEAL. PAY MORE THAN SOMEONE ASKS? SERIOUSLY? What you wanted to do was buy it cheap, and then sell it higher. WRONG! I WANT TO TWIN TURBO A CAR AND THIS IS THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO JUSTIFY IT. Cant blame you, but you really cant sit on both sides of the fence and say we are wrong for thinking the value of these cars is going down,BUT WE AS OWNERS CAN SET THE MARKET IS MY POINT. and you are the very guy who picked one up for a cheap price... oh well..I AGREE BUT AM NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO SAY HEY THATS WAY TO CHEAP I'LL GIVE YA 45K INSTEAD

And why would you expect us to argue against our marque? That was kinda stupid.NOT STUPID, I HEAR PEOPLE ALL THE TIME SAY "THATS TO MUCH MONEY FOR THAT". Course we love them, but it doesnt make them worth a mill bucks. I AGREE, HOWEVER THEY ARE WORTH IN THE 50'S BASED ON WHAT THEY ARE :2tu: THE POINT OF MY POST IS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE, ITS JUST MY OPINION THAT THE VIPER IS NOT A CORVETTE, OR MUSTANG, OR OTHER MASS PRODUCED AVERAGE SPORTS CAR. NOT TAKING AWAY FROM THOSE CARS, BUT THE VIPER IS MORE RARE AND CLOSER TO AN EXOTIC THAN ANY PRE OWNED CAR UNDER 50K PERIOD. AGAIN I'M NOT TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT, I JUST THINK THAT VIPERS IN GENERAL HAVE EARNED THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN THEIR VALUE.
REGARDS, Matt
btw I'm not shouting, just typed in bold to distinguish my answers :D

Jon

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for a TT car, you might want to freshen the rings on that motor before you commence. a car with 80+k miles isn't a prime candidate for forced induction due to the rings wearing down. if the compression is perfect (and a leak-down the same) then a stage-1 type of turbo setup would work. but how many miles was the ROE on that car? It would be good preventative maintenance to consider doing a ring job. And since you are going TT anyway, this is a good time to do the heads, etc...

Good luck and enjoy it!

JD

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I kept my greg good heads. never sold them. might someday if i want to go w/ stryker heads, but the GG heads are on the current 1400rwhp motor...

JD