My 2008 GTS Blue Convertible Arrived at the Dealer Today . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory options: Viper GTS Blue exterior paint with no stripes, Blue/black two-tone interior, Sirius/NAV and Graphite Console Bezel. Here are some pics (I apologize for the quality of the pics as the shop area lighting was not ideal):

Timberline_First_Delivery_01.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_03.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_05.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_06.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_08.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_09.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_010.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_013.JPG

I wanted to thank Jon Brobst at Parts Rack, Russ Ficek, my salesperson at Timberline Dodge, my Viper Tech Ken Klickman and Lou Belanger of Belanger Headers for their great feedback, assistance and patience with my constant barrage of phone calls and e-mails. They made my second Viper purchasing experience a pleasure.

The car is now being upgraded with the following parts which were ordered from Parts Rack: Autoform rollbar, HANS-compatible 6-point Teamtech harnesses for driver and passenger, Northwind 1'' lowering kit for driver and passenger seats, lightweight Sidewinder wheels, Stoptech 2-piece slotted Aerorotors for front and rear brakes, Stoptech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear brakes and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. I will post additional pictures once these modifications are complete.

After break-in is complete, I plan to get a baseline dyno on a Mustang dyno. I will also report those results here. I then plan to install the Belanger headers and Belanger high flow cats and exhaust (also ordered from Parts Rack), drive the car for about 500 miles and do another dyno run on the same Mustang dyno. Hopefully by that time a reputable company (K&N, Belanger etc) will have developed a cold air intake which I also plan to install. I will also post pics and the dyno results from these modifications here.

/Rich

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think it is the same color as your 2006? I went to see one a few days ago and it might have been the lighting but the color seemed a little different.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think it is the same color as your 2006? I went to see one a few days ago and it might have been the lighting but the color seemed a little different.

You know, I saw your comment in another thread about thinking it was darker than the 2006 GTS Blue. Maybe it was the light in the shop but it did seem just a shade darker than my 2006. Then again, the paint codes are identical (PBE) so my perhaps erroneous assumption is that the formulation and appearance of the paint should be constant for the two model years. Anyone "in the know" know the answer to this?

/Rich

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I saw your comment in another thread about thinking it was darker than the 2006 GTS Blue. Maybe it was the light in the shop but it did seem just a shade darker than my 2006. Then again, the paint codes are identical (PBE) so my perhaps erroneous assumption is that the formulation and appearance of the paint should be constant for the two model years. Anyone "in the know" know the answer to this?

/Rich

Thanks for the response Rich. I thought that it was just me.

Enjoy in good health!!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So that's the graphite console bezel! Might want to post those pictures in the other thread about photos of options on the 2008. Nice car!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice and a nice list of mods. I am looking forward to hearing your results.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluetiful,, the graphite console does not have the usual graphite look,, is that what u were expecting? Also the interior blue is lighter than the exterior.. do u like that look?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful-thanks for the pics.

Thanks also for the pic of the hood vent screens. They are expensive to buy but gives more of a finished look on the underneath side of hood than the ones I installed on my 08 hood. Probably lighting but the screens look like more of a graphite color.

I do like the graphite console.

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: I know that you have been anxiously awaiting it! It looks great and I am happy that there is one less of us that have to count the days!!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluetiful,, the graphite console does not have the usual graphite look,, is that what u were expecting? Also the interior blue is lighter than the exterior.. do u like that look?

Rich--what wallbanger said...I know you were concerned about the 2 tone interior. Personally, I really like it. I notice in certain lighting, it's a perfect match. In other lighting the exterior color changes, and it's an accent rather than a match. I will be watching to see how the mods progress. Congratulations---it's been a long wait!:)

Bill

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the color of the blue interior and the hood grill grates, the blue is actually a darker blue in person. The first few pictures more accurately reflect the shade of blue; the remaining shots are brighter and more "washed out" because my flash activated. That being said, the blue interior trim is still one or two shades lighter than the GTS Blue exterior paint.

The plastic grills on the hood louvers were also made to look lighter from the flash. The plastic is actually quite black.

Hope this helps.

Paul --

I sent you a pm.

/Rich

V

Venomiss

Factory options: Viper GTS Blue exterior paint with no stripes, Blue/black two-tone interior, Sirius/NAV and Graphite Console Bezel. Here are some pics (I apologize for the quality of the pics as the shop area lighting was not ideal):

Timberline_First_Delivery_01.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_03.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_05.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_06.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_08.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_09.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_010.JPG

Timberline_First_Delivery_013.JPG

I wanted to thank Jon Brobst at Parts Rack, Russ Ficek, my salesperson at Timberline Dodge, my Viper Tech Ken Klickman and Lou Belanger of Belanger Headers for their great feedback, assistance and patience with my constant barrage of phone calls and e-mails. They made my second Viper purchasing experience a pleasure.

The car is now being upgraded with the following parts which were ordered from Parts Rack: Autoform rollbar, HANS-compatible 6-point Teamtech harnesses for driver and passenger, Northwind 1'' lowering kit for driver and passenger seats, lightweight Sidewinder wheels, Stoptech 2-piece slotted Aerorotors for front and rear brakes, Stoptech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear brakes and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. I will post additional pictures once these modifications are complete.

After break-in is complete, I plan to get a baseline dyno on a Mustang dyno. I will also report those results here. I then plan to install the Belanger headers and Belanger high flow cats and exhaust (also ordered from Parts Rack), drive the car for about 500 miles and do another dyno run on the same Mustang dyno. Hopefully by that time a reputable company (K&N, Belanger etc) will have developed a cold air intake which I also plan to install. I will also post pics and the dyno results from these modifications here.

/Rich

I am happy to see you finally got your car! Very nice and waiting for more pictures.
I love the interior-it sets the car apart and gives it the "extra" it needs.:2tu:

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update on my car:

The following modifications were just completed by my dealer: (1) lightweight Sidewinder wheels in silver (not polished) finish installed, (2) Autoform rollbar installed, (3) Northwind 1’’ seat lowering kits installed in driver and passenger seats, and (4) Teamtech 6-point HANS-compatible harnesses installed on driver and passenger seats. Viper techs report that installation of these items went well with one caveat: While the install of the 1’’ lowering kit went fine on the driver side, the lowering on the passenger side resulted in the bottom of the seat being virtually flush with the stereo amplifier under the seat, but only when the seat is rolled to the rearmost (aft) position. I will keep the seat rolled slightly forward of this position to avoid any issues.

Here are some pics. Again, I apologize for the lighting and quality of the photos:

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_01.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_03.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_05.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_09.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_010.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_017.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_030.JPG

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_032.JPG

And for those who were wondering, yes the brake and clutch pedals look pitted and rusted even with only 3 miles on the odometer:

Timberline_2_01_08_Near_Completion_033.JPG

Next up is installation of Stoptech 2-piece aerorotors, stainless steel brake lines and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. I should be getting these parts in the next few days.

/Rich

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received the following parts today courtesy of Jon B at Partsrack and Stoptech: (1) Stoptech 2-piece, slotted Aerorotors for front and rear axles, (2) Stoptech stainless steel brake lines for front and rear brakes and (3) Motul RBF 600 DOT 4 brake fluid which I believe is the factory brake fluid for the Competition Coupes. Some pics:

Stoptech_Slotted_Aerorotors_02.JPG

I weighed the rotors on a bathroom scale and both the front and rear rotors weighed 17 lbs per rotor. Does anyone have accurate weight measurements for the stock SRT-10 rotors? I would like to get an exact measurement of the weight savings.

Stoptech_SS_Brake_Lines_01.JPG

Motul_RBF_600_DOT_4_01.JPG

My Viper Tech estimates that these parts will be installed by the end of the week.

/Rich

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW Rich, she's coming together quite nicely! I can't imagine how well it will do at a track, nice choice in mods.

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When are the headers going on?

Wallbanger --

I want to complete the break in period and get an accurate baseline dyno before doing the headers and exhaust. Given the current weather here in the Pacific NW, it could be a month or two before I get to that point.

/Rich