My $741 speeding ticket I recieved today.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you wouldn't name names - I was thinking it was Chris. But then - you said he as in a Viper - so I knew it wasn't him.

:laugh:

Hope your attorney can get this drastically reduced.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Officers DO NOT have to show you the radar. It is to their descretion if they decide too.

I had an officer refuse to show me his radar gun once. I used the Silver City ****** to grab it and proceeded to pistol whip him with it. His attitude changed demonstrably and he let me off with just a warning. I made him sit in his car as I did a monster burnout tossing rocks across the windshield of his new cruiser.

Scratch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Arizona, just outside of Wickenburg heading to Vegas, highway patrol got 3 of us in Vettes. He didn't have his radar until the first car passed, the radar picked me up at 122 and my friend at 114. As we pulled behind, I motioned for the guy in the 3rd car to keep going, he only wanted me and the first car.
The first guy argued, said he was passing and did not go that fast, maybe 10 over the limit (65mph)...cop played video back and said, your right the guy in the red one (me) was doing 122 and the 3rd car that had already left was doing 114.
I went to Driving School, no points, no insurance and school costs $125 I think. But ya can't get another ticket within 2 years. :nono:

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you were going 63 over the posted speed limit? :nono:

I hate this cop bashing stuff (since I am in the academy) :bonker:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was a teenager I got a ticket for speeding. It was around 2AM, and technically in a 25MPH zone going around 130MPH. The police officers said that they could just take me to jail, but I knew that they couldn't because I had gotten out of the car and was already in the house when they came around the corner, and they were claerly guessing (accurately) at my speed, but being dark it would have been tough to have ID'd me with certainty.
Long story shorter, I ended up taking level 2 traffic school and a small fine.

I had one other time when I was pulled over at 55MPH over the speed limit (freeway, when the speed limit was 55MPH) :( and they said that they could take me straight to jail, but the officer lowered it to 84MPH I also ended up going to traffic on that one.

But much has changed with the views on "street racing" lately, so most likely you need a good lawyer to get a fair shake now.

I've been pulled over 5 times in the last 5 years, but no tickets so far. Just warnings. It's too easy to break the speed limit without even trying in the Viper, and it cruises at 100MPH+ without any effort.
But I usually save my super-speed urges for the track these days. :laugh:

Z06reformed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unfortunately am Dan's viper buddy."Officer it was all Dans fault I was not speeding or doing anything remotely Illegal!!!" He didnt believe me so Dan and I got matching tickets suitable for framing!Otherwise it's always a good drive. :bonker:

The old Jedi mind trick huh?

Z06reformed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didnt come up and start beating the hell out of you and then start beating your buddy in the passenger seat, and when you asked why he says"Im your dream come true"!Your buddy says what, and he says "Im your dream come true,that way when you get down the road you wont say I wish he would have done that to me.cause I would have kicked his ass."
Is that how it went?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unfortunately am Dan's viper buddy."Officer it was all Dans fault I was not speeding or doing anything remotely Illegal!!!" He didnt believe me so Dan and I got matching tickets suitable for framing!Otherwise it's always a good drive. :bonker:

The old Jedi mind trick huh?

BIGGG V10 you have yesss!
The TORQUE is stong in this one yesss!

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you were going 63 over the posted speed limit? :nono:

I hate this cop bashing stuff (since I am in the academy) :bonker:

Yes, we should stop bashing cops. Hell, I am going to go by Krispy Cream every morning from now on so I have a fresh dozen to give to the cop next time. :D

I mean no disrespect my Grandfather was a cop. :2tu: I have nothing but respect for good cops that serve and protect us. :2tu:

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This posting has me depressed. Maybe I should sell my car. I just can't do the speed limit. My car is either going to get me killed or in jail. I have a hard time keeping mine under 130 mph. It is so easy to do. You just push that little thing under your right foot to the floor and waalaaa, A goood head rush! I love the power and I know it’s wrong, but I do it anyway. And I do it for me. I followed my buddy last Saturday to breakfast and he has a dual turbo vet. I followed him for 30 miles and when we got to breakfast I told him I think I broke a record. That is the farthest I drove my Viper without jumping on it. It was painful. We only went 5 mph over the speed limit once or twice. Of course he made me lead on the way home. Yes, I hit 130. I need some kind of therapy. Maybe this posting will help me slow down. Or maybe I need to take the wheels off my car and let it sit. (NOT!)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: My $741 speeding ticket I received today.

This posting has me depressed. Maybe I should sell my car. I just can't do the speed limit. My car is either going to get me killed or in jail. I have a hard time keeping mine under 130 mph.
Being out here with the NY-CT club, every club meet is usually a ticket parade. It's real hard to maintain self-control but on the last 2 outings, I actually did it. I came in dead last.

The reason I have never bought a radar detector is because I think it will become my license to speed. And I'm worried about the cops its won't detect when I'm waaaay over 100mph. I leave my adrenaline rushes to riding my R1 at 100mph on the Cross-Bronx Expy in traffic. Oh yeah, that really gets me pumped plus the chances of escape are so much higher.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960