My Avatar

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Avatar is now listing me as an "Enthusiast", just I have my 2011 membership card sitting at home?

Where is the disconnect and how do I restore my owner status? :dunno:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're all set Mike. There is some clean-up going on, your profile may have been erroneously altered. Sorry about that!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I ad an avatar? I just joined and I don't see any option to add one.

Go into the User Control Panel (the link is "User CP" and is just above the "Welcome, VIPERBARON" at the top left of your screen), then on the left side under "Setttings and Options", click "Edit Avatar".

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C:\Documents and Settings\karl.tolley\My Documents\My Pictures\viper1.bmp
Well, darn. Unable to upload anything. it returns an error message indicating that the file is not a valid image file.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C:%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Ckarl.tolley%5CMy%20Documents%5CMy%20Pictures%5Cviper1.bmp
Well, darn. Unable to upload anything. it returns an error message indicating that the file is not a valid image file.

Yep, the system doesn't recognize BMP files, and the second link you provided is to a location on your hard drive.

You can open your files in mspaint and save-as .jpg files, which will work fine, then you have to upload them to a file sharing site (photobucket, etc), or to the gallery here.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the system doesn't recognize BMP files, and the second link you provided is to a location on your hard drive.

You can open your files in mspaint and save-as .jpg files, which will work fine, then you have to upload them to a file sharing site (photobucket, etc), or to the gallery here.

Can't he just save the file as a .jpg and then upload straight from his hard drive (bypassing having to use a file sharing site)? That's how I've always uploaded my avatars.

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, thanks all. I think it uploaded successfully. We sometimes have problems with the slow internet over here in Afghanistan. The Chinese are probably hacking in to the data stream.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave