MY CAR IS TOTALLED

GTS02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sory for your loss, happened to me in April. I found an identical car even better than the one I lost. Here are some nice low mile Gen 2's. This guy is well known in our region, only carries the best cars.

http://bjmotors.biz/vipers.html

This web site you posted has some really nice cars :2tu: :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I appreciate the sympathy from those who are giving it.

For those who are mocking me about letting people drive the car, I'm sorry that you have such distrust is EVERYONE else that you can't let them enjoy a drive in such a nice machine. And that is EXACTLY what it is, a machine. Nothing more. This shows personal low self-esteem, small minds, and the stereo-typical small... well, the reason many women think we get cars like these. This section of the message is aimed specifically at poeple like "carguy07", "1Tony1", "klamathpro", etc, and the reason that coming back to this group is most likely not going to happen.

I do plan on getting another, and buying back the wreck. Lee thanks for the tip, Cody PM's me that also.

Klayfish - I'll PM you, the car sounds interesting.

Thanks, and this club has been an interesting experience, but I'm not paying $100 a year to get berated by a few dregs who were lucky enough to buy a Viper, although the imbeciles are in the vast minority.

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I call B.S....

Anyone who lets their neighbors step-father near their lawnmower needs their head examined, let alone their Viper...

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen....he just lost his car. A little sympathy please. Glad to hear that everyone is ok.

Of course.

But right behind the obvious sympathy are the questions/comments you see here, AND 'what if' the guy driving the car would have mowed down some people in the process? Where's the car owner in that chain of litigation?

Just not a good idea in the first place, along with the car owner not being there, much less not in the passenger seat while people who may not even be able to drive a manual transmission well are allowed in it by someone who probably isn't even asking about each test driver's qualifications is just mind boggling.

I mean it's almost like giving a giant box of fireworks to kids to play with unsupervised..

When you look at the various scenarios, what did happen was almost a blessing in comparison to what almost surely an accident waiting to happen.

OP
OP
T

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, I made the mistake of reading this thread again...

FE - the exact same thing would happen, legally, of anyone driving ANY car in the same situation. The law doesn't change because the power to weight ratio does.

Tim - did you read my last post? Same smallness...

Goodbye.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The good thing about having all these similar, friend wrecks Viper posts all in one place, would be that I could print them all out and show them to guys who want to drive my car.

And Mr TooEvil,
The point of those saying that you were irresponsible in letting this happen has nothing to do with guys thinking that their Vipers are anything more than machines.
What they are telling you is that this EXACT scenario happens over and over and over again.

You don’t seem to know that. Too bad you didn’t know how common it is for someone to get in a Viper for a little first time joy ride and end up quickly wrecking the car.

Would you do it again?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the very last post made by TooEvil before he posted that his car was wrecked.

"Re: Your bro-in-law takes your Viper for a joy ride, what do you do?"

"My keys are in my safe when I'm not driving it. The safe, BTW, is also very good to drop on people while they're sleeping if they decide to do something to my car."

Does anyone know if this guy really has a Viper? ;-)

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the driver going to be charged with careless / reckless or dangerous driving?

Unfortunately it sounds like you were playing the nice guy role, giving the opportunity to share your ride and paying the ultimate price of losing it. Most of us will read this and it will encourage us even more to not let others drive our Viper, especially if they are irresponsible and have no experience behind the wheel of one. My ex-neighbor test drove Vipers for 5 years or so working for DCX, Al was his name and now he's retired. Would I let him drive my car - no. It doesn't matter if it someone else hit him in the car or if he were to wreck (highly unlikely), accidents happen and it doesn't matter who was at fault, it would end up destroying our good relationship if something did. The only time I let somebody drive one of my vehicles was my younger sister, several years ago I let her take my H1 Hummer to work, but it was slow & heavy.

I heard of a few stories while working in the Viper group years ago, such as -

An engineer took out a Viper and he was whizzing around the Auburn Hills DCX HQ's, having a co-op student from Wayne State University. He flipped the car over an embankment, over the chain link fence and landed on top of employees cars upside down. I heard there was quite the lawsuit since the student got hurt, cracked back or neck, something along that line.

A young engineer took a GT2 for the weekend, he went all the way to see his dad in Minneapolis (or somewhere around there), lost control and put it into a farmers field. Monday morning he only returned with the keys. They brought the car back to Featherstone, they told the young engineer to start working of the damaged car. First thing he did was slide the floor jack under the floor pans and started lifting the car, damaging the floor..

Sorry to hear about your bad news and learning something from the mistake.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tooevil,
Your situation makes the point that many are trying to get across to you.
1. A 96 B/W GTS is NOT just a machine, it was a classic as it came off the assembly line and is gettingg to a point where it will become irreplaceble.

2. If you want just a machine, at least get a year where they built a lot(more than 2000), then when you loan it out again and it gets wrecked(because it will get wrecked again), we won't feel so bad(hint, the 94 RT). They made 3000).

3. Might be wise to listen to the people here who have seen this situation way too many times :( :(

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with copmagnet. do us all a favor and buy a corvette or a honda or anything else. i love everything about these cars except seeing them get totalled or wrecked. i don't know who is the bigger idiot the guy who wrecked the car or you for lending it out. these aren't just a car they are an obsession...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sory for your loss, happened to me in April. I found an identical car even better than the one I lost. Here are some nice low mile Gen 2's. This guy is well known in our region, only carries the best cars.

http://bjmotors.biz/vipers.html

This web site you posted has some really nice cars :2tu: :2tu:

Let me know if you would like an introduction, I know him pretty well. And Gary Almond can get it from here to there reasonably. I think Gar has sympathy for those of us who have wiped out and need to get fixed up again.

V

venms96

BJ Motors - what an impressive inventory. If TooEvil wants a nice low mileage GTS, he doesn't have to look much farther that Lee00's suggestion.

Sorry that happened to you. Not cool for anyone involved.

venms96
1996 GTS
SDMF !

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also i don't think we should be helping this guy find his next victim. i.e. maybe this time he will lend the car to his mailman or the kid down the street going to the prom this year

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm short on sympathy today. I lent my hayabusa to my neighbor's cousin and he was just getting good at wheelies and dumped it into a bus stop full of children. Now YOU should feel bad for ME. That bike was way cool and all the other neighbor kids will have nothing to play on until I get my insurance check. Plus some of the kids at the bus stop got mauled; now how will they be able to ride it? I posted this on a bike forum and they all gave me tons of sympathy, so if you guys don't get it then I will just keep posting over there. Bunch of immature beaches. :p

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Here's the very last post made by TooEvil before he posted that his car was wrecked.

"Re: Your bro-in-law takes your Viper for a joy ride, what do you do?"

"My keys are in my safe when I'm not driving it. The safe, BTW, is also very good to drop on people while they're sleeping if they decide to do something to my car."

Does anyone know if this guy really has a Viper? ;-)

Wonder if he dropped that safe on his fiance yet. :smirk:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be selling my car around Nov 3(first child), although I'm sure you do not want to wait that long. '97 B/W with 23K and the usual bolt ons(exhaust and smooth tubes). Feel free to e-mail me if you are interested.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really do not see the point here in grinding it in this individuals face. We all love Vipers....that is agreed. I do understand that there is frustration for seeing another car go down (again), and that there is the potential for a more serious accident happening in the future.

Some have eloquently stated that they think that it is a blessing that the accident was not worse....and I think that this was an extremely wise comment.

We all have to face it, Tooevil will, most likely, alter the situation one way or another.

As for the comments on leaving the Viper for others to drive(like children playing with fireworks left around), I have no idea whether the individual driving was a racing expert or a novice. Perhaps those of you who have chimmed in know more about that.....I am keeping quiet, as I do not have that information. I was not there.

Not trying to start things with some of the other members on the forum here. I really respect the members here. Best car club in the world. For what it is worth, I am one of the most conservative guys out there and not a bleeding heart. TooEvil, most likely, will not be back. Loss of car and member is not good, even when you do not agree with their point of view.

As for others questions on liability...whoever has the best lawyer wins....you all know that one.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****, sorry to hear it.

That the problem with owning a Viper. Anybody with a chance may to try to see what it can do.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Austin an 03 was totalled last week , the owner let his buddy take her out for a spin through a fence at very high speed.
You have to be an idiot to let people drive your car . I always just laugh and say that you are not covered on my special ins. policy.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I appreciate the sympathy from those who are giving it.

For those who are mocking me about letting people drive the car, I'm sorry that you have such distrust is EVERYONE else that you can't let them enjoy a drive in such a nice machine. And that is EXACTLY what it is, a machine. Nothing more. This shows personal low self-esteem, small minds, and the stereo-typical small... well, the reason many women think we get cars like these. This section of the message is aimed specifically at poeple like "carguy07", "1Tony1", "klamathpro", etc, and the reason that coming back to this group is most likely not going to happen.

I do plan on getting another, and buying back the wreck. Lee thanks for the tip, Cody PM's me that also.

Klayfish - I'll PM you, the car sounds interesting.

Thanks, and this club has been an interesting experience, but I'm not paying $100 a year to get berated by a few dregs who were lucky enough to buy a Viper, although the imbeciles are in the vast minority.
Listen, this a forum and here you get peoples opinions. Some people will feel sorry for you and some won't! Just because a few people think your an idiot for lending you car to everyone and their brother dosent make the VCA a bad club. Alot of those guys like "carguy" and "1tony1" are really good guys! But sometimes your not going to see eye to eye with everyone here. Grow some thick skin and don't get your feelings hurt over something so stupid. But acting like a baby and leaving the VCA club because a FEW guys gave you [******] is ********. Come on now, can't we all just get along? :2tu:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss.........but..........

NOBODY, and I mean NOBOBY drives my car, let alone a NEIGHBOR and THEIR step father to boot.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets face it, what TooEvil did was a mistake.

TooEvil registered on 01/26/06, so it appears he may be a newbie. i remember when i first got my viper, i wanted to share my excitement with everyone too. i am as guilty as he is - within the first week after buying my car, i let a friend take my car "around the block". about 15 minutes later, the car came back puking antifreeze everywhere. i dont think it was his fault, as my radiator had sprung just a badly-timed hole. but at that moment, i questioned lending out my car ever again thinking he HAD done something wrong. and, i never let anyone drive my car since, unless i was right there. i was lucky, and THANK GOD my car didnt come back rolled or damaged like in this case.

as viper veterans, it is easy for us to give TooEvil a hard time and call his action "stupid". but we have had the luxury of reading these kind of threads often enough now to know better.

TooEvil, i hope in the end this mess all somehow turns out in your favor. like JUCD VPR said, this is a great forum and you really need to get back here soon after your embarrassment passes. :2tu:

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had done something that stupid with such disastrous results I would not have posted it here on this board or any other board.

Bob K

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
3 Predictions:
1. I bet the bottom line is that the father-in-law's insurance will refuse to pay for the damages and TooEvil's insurance will end up paying but will credit this accident against TooEvil as if TooEvil had been driving the car himself. This will cause his rates to soar.
2. This will damage the future relationship between TooEvil and his father-in-law. How could you not be affected by this?
3. TooEvil will never do this again.