My first run against a Z06

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first run against a Z06

Hello everyone, in the past few months a read a lot about the Z06. I have to admit that I prepared my self for the first time I would have to challenge one.

So I practiced my launch to avoid to much spinning. This week I was lucky, I was on the road with a journalist that took pictures of my car because our Viper Club had an event on the track. On our return we crossed a Z06, the first I have seen on the road. We made a u turn and caught up with the guy and he was a television car analist and doing a test run with the GM test car.

We agreed to go at a secure place to compare our cars. Instead of starting from 0, he chose to make a start from rolling (around 15-20 mph). I asked him to take out the traction control but he didn't want. So we were side by side I called 1,2,3 go and made sure he was not WOT (split of a second) before I did.

Of course he's a professional but I really know my car.

So here the result

Video SRT-10 vs Z06 :2tu:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be a professional but he missed a shift for sure. Not a real run vs the Z06...

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be a professional but he missed a shift for sure. Not a real run vs the Z06...

I think he's a professional JOURNALIST not a professional DRIVER. Hell a Monkey with Down's Syndrome can drive better than that!

Who races 1 and 1/2 gears anyway?

Nice run none the less... :2tu:

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, it is obvious you beat the driver. Trust me, I have had both cars, and the Viper wont beat the Z06 driver for driver, especially at 100+.

But a win is a win..:)

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The first step in a sports car race is to put the top down.

The Z06 loses or is disqualified before the drive begins......

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first step in a sports car race is to put the top down.

So the GTS and new coupe are not Sports Cars? :confused:

OP
OP
S

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SweetRed04

I'm not sure I understand your comments, are you saying that all Z06 disqualify because they are not convertible?

Fadi

I understand that at 100+ the aerodynamic is advantaging the Z06 but I don't think we go that fast.

In the fire of action I thought that I had kill the Z06, especially because I WOT after him. After seeing myself the video I realized that he stop racing after I was a bit in front of him.

But as said in the movie Fast and the Furious ``It doesn't matter that you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning``

I'm looking forward to meet an experience driver with is Z06, this one was the first one I cross in my life (except car show).

I think what is good is that the journalist preferred my sound (he didn't know my exhaust was modified) and for him I beat him, so at least he will probably respect more the Viper.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SweetRed04

But as said in the movie Fast and the Furious ``It doesn't matter that you win by an inch or a mile winning is winning``
Oh NO we got a Vin Diesel fan!!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he first step in a sports car race is to put the top down.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

outnumbered

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SweetRed04

I'm not sure I understand your comments, are you saying that all Z06 disqualify because they are not convertible?

Fadi

I understand that at 100+ the aerodynamic is advantaging the Z06 but I don't think we go that fast.

In the fire of action I thought that I had kill the Z06, especially because I WOT after him. After seeing myself the video I realized that he stop racing after I was a bit in front of him.

I'm looking forward to meet an experience driver with is Z06, this one was the first one I cross in my life (except car show).

I think what is good is that the journalist preferred my sound (he didn't know my exhaust was modified) and for him I beat him, so at least he will probably respect more the Viper.
Get real.He missed a shift or let out then you shot passed him.I would suggest to not brag about this one.LOL :rolleyes:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a win. Plain and simple! :2tu:

I wish the race could have went another gear or so, but it didn't, and the ZO6 driver gave up as soon as he was back a lenght.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, it is obvious you beat the driver. Trust me, I have had both cars, and the Viper wont beat the Z06 driver for driver, especially at 100+.

Sorry u had to down-grade. Hopefully u can get back into a snake when your finances are in better shape. :p

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think he's a professional JOURNALIST not a professional DRIVER. Hell a Monkey with Down's Syndrome can drive better than that!

Who races 1 and 1/2 gears anyway?

Nice run none the less... :2tu:

Mopar426
Why is it every time someone says something about a corvette you jump in an start defending them??? Your such a vette nut why not buy a new Z06 yourself??? You say your looking for a 96 GTS but have not got one. That was over 600 posts ago. Get one or go back to the vette sites.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2MANYTOYS:I have been busting his chops for a long time about having good wood for the Vettes...it's good to see u see what I have seen for a very long time...the poor boy is in love with the "on every corner" Vette. His true log-in is Chebby350!!! LOL

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar426
Why is it every time someone says something about a corvette you jump in an start defending them??? Your such a vette nut why not buy a new Z06 yourself??? You say your looking for a 96 GTS but have not got one. That was over 600 posts ago. Get one or go back to the vette sites.

Sorry for being objective and using common sense. I'm not backing ANYONE, but if you think that is a "GREA RACE" racing a whole 1 and 1/2 gears just because this guy got lucky and won then you are a seriously reaching. If you thought that was an excellent example of both cars I really feel sorry for you. I'm a car guy, not a Viper nutswinger I like many make and model automobiles. It appears you and several other feel have to HATE all cars ofther a Viper.

As far as why no Viper yet, I switching jobs and relocating to Texas and hope to be in one soon. I'm still on the fence as if I want the stouter '96-'99 or the ABS Cremepuff '01-'02.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2MANYTOYS:I have been busting his chops for a long time about having good wood for the Vettes...it's good to see u see what I have seen for a very long time...the poor boy is in love with the "on every corner" Vette. His true log-in is Chebby350!!! LOL

This coming from the biggest POSER on the Internet. LOL The ONLY posts you make is about how Vettes are POS, and how your STOCK Viper is vastly superior in every area. Yet your car is STOCK, only time you drive it is to cruise and it has never been to the track. Sorry if I DRIVE my cars instead of waxing it driving by the mall to prey on high school girls. I unlike you am not a poser.

Seriously I can't figure out which of you numerous posts shows just how pathetically insecure you are? Was it........

A)The thread about you ONLY purchased your Viper because of the attention it gets, and how you're not into "performance"

B) Your license plate thread how you want everyone to rub it in people faces with your "You Wish" license plate in you STOCK Viper no less HAHAHA

C) The Body building thread where you posted pictures of yourself in SPANDEX flexing.... THAT was truly classic

D) Or the numerous threads about how the Viper is the only sports car out there and how Vettes, Ford GT, Ferrari, and Lamborghini's are POS

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry u had to down-grade. Hopefully u can get back into a snake when your finances are in better shape. :p

I wasn't a math major in college but the Z06 is roughly $70-75K + the $10,000 markup. The SRT/10 is around $80K+ DISCOUNTS. And a Gen II GTS like yours can be had for Less than $49K so yeah you are right $49,000 is more than $80,000. :crazy:

I pray you not a financial consultant. LOL

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not much difference in the two cars with equal drivers in the real world. I just returned from the Silver State Classic, held in Nevada. Several new Z-06's ran in the 1/2 mile and the one mile drags against several new SRT-10's. The results were about the same at both distances.

The new Z-06 is for real, but you can beat them heads up if you can drive.

Also, it never hurts if the driver of the car you're running against screws up.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar426

Sorry for being objective and using common sense. I'm not backing ANYONE, but if you think that is a "GREA RACE" racing a whole 1 and 1/2 gears just because this guy got lucky and won then you are a seriously reaching. If you thought that was an excellent example of both cars I really feel sorry for you. I'm a car guy, not a Viper nutswinger I like many make and model automobiles. It appears you and several other feel have to HATE all cars ofther a Viper.

As far as why no Viper yet, I switching jobs and relocating to Texas and hope to be in one soon. I'm still on the fence as if I want the stouter '96-'99 or the ABS Cremepuff '01-'02.

Mopar426
I never said that was a "Great Race"! I don't think it showed much of anything. However, I'm a car guy to and I don't just drive vipers. I own several Vettes 62,64,66 and enjoy them but they are simply not as fun as the Viper. I also own a BMW M3 enjoy driving it as well. Problem is though that this is a VIPER forum, we don't give a [******] about vettes here and I get tired of seeing you post stupid remarks trying to protect them. Everyone knows the new Z06 is a fast and nice car. It doesn't need you to "protect it". I certainly have the cars to go on the vette sites and post however I don't feel the need to try and stand up for the Viper over there it is a vette site. Sure I could go over there and talk smack and be pro Viper and truthfully most vettes over there can't run with my GTS but that would be useless and start nothing but trouble. Besides there is always someone faster regardless of the car make. You however defend the vettes and even in some respects put the Viper down and you don't even own one. That really gets under my skin. Technically you could be called a TROLL. Just adding to your sig that your going to buy one doesn't clear you either. An obtw,the 96-99 GTS
does have a lumpier cam. It doesn't necessarily make it any faster. It does mean that you can add higher levels of boost because they have forged pistons.

Youwish I understand what your saying and I finally got tired of reading his worthless anti-viper pro-vette posts.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have learned to ignore Chevy 427 (aka Mopar426) as he shows the strong Chevy bias and anti Viper in almost every post. If we had an ignore feature he would be high on my list.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have learned to ignore Chevy 427 (aka Mopar426) as he shows the strong Chevy bias and anti Viper in almost every post. If we had an ignore feature he would be high on my list.

I agree. I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chevy350...aka Mopar426. What exactly is stock on my Viper??? Please explain ohhh great one. My paint job is custom,my stereo system is custom,my engine work has slight mods but far from stock...Borla headers/exhaust,k/n filter and smooth tubes nothing to brag about but far from stock. I have brembo brakes and eradispeed cross-drilled rotors. MY Viper was even featured in "Viper Magazine" on my custom work. So I suggest next time you run your mouth you do some research first. You once again have shown how ignorant you really are. I only posted a picture of myself to show CODY what big-boy legs need to look like. So many of us here are sick of your constant troll-like remarks backing the Vette and putting down our awesome Vipers.