My First Scam Experience

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some piece of work, supposedly from Canada, just e-mailed me about a deep oil pan and swinging baffle kit I have for sale. He said he was coming to the States the first week in November and that a check for $2500.00 was being delivered. He requested that I retain the $600.00 for the pan and baffle kit, and send him a check for the balance to fund his vacation trip. I immediately replied that his e-mail was being forwarded to the US Gov. for investigation of international fraud, and thanks but no thanks. I THINK IT'S TIME TO LIMIT OUR CLASSIFIED SECTION TO MEMBERS ONLY AND KEEP THESE BUZZARD PUKES OUT. At least we can track our members through these sales transactions, all who have been great to deal with in previous sales. I realize this may limit the amount of people that browse the classifieds, but sooner or later these clowns will become more creative in scamming.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I THINK IT'S TIME TO LIMIT OUR CLASSIFIED SECTION TO MEMBERS ONLY AND KEEP THESE BUZZARD PUKES OUT.

If you do that I would never have found my garage queen dream car that was listed in the VCA classified section back in June.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like all things internet... Be aware. There is **** everywhere. The internet is ****'s rapid transit system. But we can't shut down the system just because 1% or less are scammers.

Just my .02...

JD

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say I passed on some great deals in our classifieds because some seemed TOO good to be true. I finally gave in a purchased a set of tires from a member here, and what a great and painless experience that was. Don't think I would have done it if the seller was not a VCA member.

I don't think we should keep everybody out, but would be nice if the seller knows that the potential buyer is a VCA member as well.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is very unfortunate that there are useless **** like these types of scammers, but there are checks and balances to avoid issues.

OP
OP
R

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
whew, I was worried it was me on the ATI balancer I bought from ya...:)

Heck no!!! you and all of the others I have sold items to were great. I guess my comment about shutting down the classifieds to all, except members was written in a fit of frustration. I too became a member and owner due to locating the VCA through it's classifieds. OK, I'll find some meds now!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tell him all you want is the $600, so send a check for that amount. After 2 weeks when the check clears, he is welcome to come and pick it up. That will stop him cold.
I love to fu^k with those guys!

Earl_H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a similar scam offer myself on my CF clutch...dumbsh!ts!

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are pretty easy to spot. I just tell them send or bring all cash or the deal is off. You never hear another word from them at that point.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL.. I had the same email 2 days ago from a calssified ad on the forums also. Same story, but I told him I had a $4000 dollar Nigerian money order which he can hold for me and he can give me $1000 for it , funny thing he never wrote back.. A-HOLE!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang