My Friend & Yours...THE FUZZ...OH BOY!!!

Reaction score
Well my friends, family always tell me for every sports car that I have bought, "ITS A COP MAGNET." Lets just say that the snapper-heads (police) didn't really care when I had the Stangs, Talons, heck they didn't even give me static when I upgraded to Vettes.

But its "Viper Time!!!" and I am already on driver probation for 10 more months (careless driving, no points but probation for a year). So I have to keep a cool head for awhile or I will have the big FOR SALE sign in the window.

Tell me how many Viper owners out there have been pulled over by the flat-foots for no apparent reason??? And what was the outcome???

I need all the good advice you can give, thanks.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What car were you driving when you got the probation and what for?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2001_Viper!!!:
Well my friends, family always tell me for every sports car that I have bought, "ITS A COP MAGNET." Lets just say that the snapper-heads (police) didn't really care when I had the Stangs, Talons, heck they didn't even give me static when I upgraded to Vettes.

But its "Viper Time!!!" and I am already on driver probation for 10 more months (careless driving, no points but probation for a year). So I have to keep a cool head for awhile or I will have the big FOR SALE sign in the window.

Tell me how many Viper owners out there have been pulled over by the flat-foots for no apparent reason??? And what was the outcome???

I need all the good advice you can give, thanks.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a road block set up for me...scared the hell outa me! Funny thing was that they went to the passengers side to get at the driver, and then couldn't find the door handle!

I wasn't even being that naughty, just turns out a few of the public got a little worried by a bit of smoke. I always drive real steady in the 30 mph areas.

My only advice is if you get pulled, let them say their piece, look very sorry, and be polite. I think being a young blonde female, and my occupation goes in my favor. But, when your driving go steady around public areas ie shopping places, houses; and try not to p*ss anyone off.

Quite often the cops just want to take a peek under your hood.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was pulled over right after I got the car. It was still cold out for goodness sake. I left the signal light quickly, no smoke show or squealing tires, just a good quick start.
I look behind me, back in the intersection the gumballs go on.
I am like what?

he says you went 0-40 in 2. but the limit officer is 45mph.
license,registration. I hand them over.
he says
"James keep pulling away from lights like that it will be a long summer."
no stops since. I think he just wanted to see the car!!!!
Also I wave at ever cop car I see!! because they always look over to check out the car. they do have reason to stop me (no front plate) but no hassles so far. just keep smiling and waving!!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jimandela:
Also I wave at every cop car I see!!

just keep smiling and waving!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wave at them too. Which finger do you use?

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dcooley,
Crawling out of my corner for this, but may I offer a little insight?

In your best southern imitation of a friendly nod of the head, a friendly and not obnoxious wave of the "hand", go ahead and wave at the nice Police Officer. You might be surprised at how far that little act of respect will go if you and that Officer should ever meet face to face.

Back to my corner.....

DV
PS ..I'd leave the fingers together.
smile.gif

cop 25 yrs. & 9 months retired
Flame suit on, a little singed but still effective

RickV2K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 tickets and a stack of 6 warnings. not braggin...i just enjoy drivin this car. the warnings are..no license in possession, excessive speed, no front plate, imprudent speed, speeding and failure to wear seat belt. one ticket was compliments of sky-king. look out for them planes....ain't no radar gonna pick em up. now i don't know why but i have business cards from 3 of the officers....guess they're tellin me i might need a refreshers course in driving or maybe they just wanna hang out. there is one nice thing about wisconsin...besides the 2 weeks of summer...you can take a class and have 3 points taken off your record. i have a funny feeling i'll be taking that class pretty soon.....but i must say, the cops i've run into have been very very nice. countin my blessings. and...no waves just a little nod'll do most of the time. yes, i left the g off of some words. slang.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup.. Ive been pulled over, shadowed, paced, and made to take a few sobriety tests...
Used to them..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

BTW am always curteous, and wave to cops..

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
AAAhhhhhhh if you wanna know I was reaching for some CD's and I went over the yellow line on the freeway. I gave the snapper head on the motorcycle an earful and he threatened to call in a cruiser to take me to the cooler. I am already on probation till Oct. for public indecency (you don't want to know), so I didn't want to get thrown in county for 93 days.

My scumbag lawyer (any lawyers out there, sorry) told me to just take my medicine and be polite the next time the snappers pull me over and it will work to my favor in court.

The new Viper will be here tomorrow!!! Unfortunately I used to be the town hell-raiser in my youth, I am on a first name basis with the city fuzz, attorney, judge; all send me Christmas cards.

What I should do is buy an average snook mobile and blend in with the commoners but what the hell, the old cliche, "live fast and leave a beautiful corpse."

Later.........................

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother is a CHP officer and the other day he told me a story. He and a partner were cruising and they saw a sports car (don't remember what brand) with a license plate frame that says "I can't drive 55". Well they clocked him at 57 in a 55 zone, his partner pulls him over and gives him a ticket. My brother and the driver couldn't believe it. Anyway the moral is watch what you put on your car.

No flames please about abuse of power etc, unless it was you driving it was a funny story.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigJim - VA 96GTS:
But I could **** the guy out of his cruiser and drag him over the fence and down the street 1 block and show him guys standing on the street selling crack and carrying guns! It is just so stupid.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wouldn't you rather prey on defenseless motorists than try to bust armed crack-heads?

My (best) story:

One nice Saturday afternoon, I was headed to a neighboring town for a Dodge Charger car show in the GTS. 2-lane with 6' shoulders, occasional climbing/passing lanes. I eased up on a sheriff's deputy going the same way. We got to one of the climbing lanes, I moved to overtake, and the guy boxes me out 'til the lane goes away. Then for the next 6 miles or so, he gradually slows down from the 60mph limit to about 53, hugging the inside stripe, daring me to pass in a double-yellow zone. Texas law allows and encourages the use of the shoulder by the overtaken vehicle to be passed, but that's obviously a part of the manual he hadn't read. Anyway, when the next climbing lane comes up, he uses traffic to box me out again.

That did it!!! I turned on all the lights, 4-way flashers, stiff-armed the horn button and pointed his sorry butt to the shoulder of the road and PULLED HIM OVER FOR BEING A ****! I got out, demanded he join me at the side of the road and produce ID and badge number so that I could file a complaint with the County Sheriff. He tried to turn the tables and put me on the spot, then he even called for backup. His patrol supervisor showed up, they talked a few moments, then the sup. was on his way. Deputy Dipwad returned my license and insurance and told me I could go now. I said I handn't finished with him yet and wasn't about to leave until I had his card. He grudgingly conceded.

About 2 weeks later (when I had sufficiently cooled down) I met with the Sheriff for about 20 minutes and explained the incident. He asked what I thought he should do. I said visit with D. Dipwad and go over the Traffic Law section that addresses moving over to the shoulder to allow overtaking. Also a little discussion about Professionalism and common courtesy wouldn't be out of line either.

I see Deputy Dipwad from time to time and we both wave at each other.

Stupid ***** with a Gun, a Badge and a Radar Gun. Gotta love 'em.

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phew...
Big Jim, I was afraid I was going to have to by a new flame suit after all!
smile.gif

You-all have a nice day-ya hear!?
DV
Yes, I know "they" are out there, I even worked with a few over the years.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigJim - VA 96GTS:

Just like any group you sample, there will be the good, average, and the bad
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

However the good cop/**** cop ratio is disproportionate in that profession.

nothing is more infuriating than seeing a traffic cop hiding in the bushes on the side of the highway, waiting to pounce on perfectly harmless, innocent people going about their business. 30 Minutes and $100.00 is stolen from these people for what?? Driving 65 mph in a brand new, safe car down a 4 lane wide open highway.

It is just so stupid.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear this again. BigJim, we have a lot in common. Even our physical dimensions - if I were tipped upside down.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigJim:

Not all SC troopers are like that, only a very small percentage. Don't knock them all, most of them are car guys too. I know, got a 33year retired 1st lt as a (soon to be) father in law, brother in law of homicide and another brother in law who will be joining the force soon.

Yes, some of them are complete jerkoffs, but most are very helpful. The beach tends to draw the worst because of all the crap that goes on down there. Upstate is rather nice...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4