My Garage Featured in Local Newspaper!

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love the paint job on the walls. How did you come up with the design?

Scott Tallyn’s Garage Makeover

When I first purchased my home back in 2007, I began the transformation of my Weaverridge home by beginning with the garage.

When driving through sub divisions, I have always noticed how when neighbors left there garage doors open, it was a major eye sore to the exterior décor as well as the landscaping. I figured that when the garage doors are open that the color scheme should coordinate with the exterior of the home. In my makeover, I utilized gray as the primary color and then accented with white and charcoal gray colors for the flooring, cabinetry and paint.

Here are the steps that I took in my garage makeover:
Step #1: Began by repairing all of the walls and repainting with a semi-gloss white paint.

Step #2: Repainted the floor with epoxy gray paint.

Step #3: Ordered a modular floor tile system from racedeck.com. A friend of mine (Jeremy Sparling) assisted me with the color coordination and design since I am colorblind reds and greens. We actually designed the floor layout right on racedeck.coms website. This made it extremely convenient and saved an immense amount of time.

Step #4: Ordered Ultimate Garage Cabinets for storage and organization from a www.mystoragecabinets.com They offer cabinetry from simple systems to elaborate and they even offer free shipping.

Step #5: I decided that once the above steps had been completed, I wanted to implement graphics that would coordinate with the exterior of my home as well as my sports car. I contacted Michael Demanes from Demanes Interiors and he met with me here at the house. He designed two different designs that I was able to choose from and decided with this overlapping two-tone V pattern design. I felt that it emphasized the Viper Logo Art above the workbench and the color scheme of light gray and charcoal really coordinates with the Racedeck flooring and my vehicles. Michael contracted with Vogue Painters and Curt Vogue did the actual laying out of the pattern on the walls and painting.

Step #6: In order to finalize the graphics, Michael and I felt that some color pin striping would bring in the accent colors to really set it off. I hired a friend of mine (Kent Deets) to do the actual pin striping. We chose the colors of red and silver for the accents.

Step#7: I was never happy with how low the support brackets for the garage doors hung from the ceiling and how cluttered it looked. I hired David Allen from Raynor Garage to elevate the doors with new tracking in order to re-position the whole system as high to the ceiling as possible. He also painted the inside panels with brackets to match the flow of the wall graphics.
Step #8: I hired Rons Appliance Repair (Ronnie Dozard) to install recessed can lights above the work bench and in the next 2 week he will be installing recessed fluorescent lighting fixtures throughout in order to have plenty of light for working on home projects and most of all for working on my vehicles.

I have had numerous remarks from guests when entering my garage such as, “should I take my shoes off” and “your garage is cleaner than my home”

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a couple more pics of your 'new' garage? I'd love to see how the garage door opens! Looks awesome!

Here are some quick pics of the motor and track assmbly:

[media]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/zdigital/GarageTrack-Motor.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/zdigital/GarageTrack-Motor3.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/zdigital/GarageTrack-Motor2.jpg[/media]

[media]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/zdigital/GarageMotor.jpg[/media]

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let's see some other garage makeovers! How about sharing some images of other Viper owners??
Come on................???

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not a garage but another room in the house. That looks fantastic but I think you still need that rug placed somewhere.

Bruce

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AWESOME :2tu:
Those little light bulbs need to go, they don't go well with the new garage. You might install some florescents ;)

Yep, That is my next step. I have purchased recessed fluorescent fixtures and I'm waiting for it to cool down so it's not so blazin HOTT in the attic.
Thanks!

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations Scott!!!! I can say from 1st hand experience that scott's cars house and garage are all cared for the same way, he strives for perfection.. he is very meticulous and organized. it was a pleasure to visit his home/garage.kinda makes you drool being in it.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a Fantastic Garage, I guess you guys have space elsewhere for all the normal household junk that goes in the garage ;)

Just off to buy another lottery ticket :)
Mark
:uk:

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congratulations Scott!!!! I can say from 1st hand experience that scott's cars house and garage are all cared for the same way, he strives for perfection.. he is very meticulous and organized. it was a pleasure to visit his home/garage.kinda makes you drool being in it.

Thanks for the compliment Mike! I appreciate all of your assistance in the build up of my 1000+ HP Viper motor. You are the man!

OP
OP
Z

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a Fantastic Garage, I guess you guys have space elsewhere for all the normal household junk that goes in the garage ;)

Just off to buy another lottery ticket :)
Mark
:uk:

Thanks!
Actually, I have large floor cabinets that are on the opposite wall that stores all of my lawn and garden stuff,
Good one on the lottery ticket...might not be such a bad idea!

OPENRUP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my garage. It was in the summer issue of the VCA magazine.

Attachments

• 11-9gts.jpg
    11-9gts.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala