"My guess is that the 2003 SRT-10 will need to have it's own class next year."

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"My guess is that the 2003 SRT-10 will need to have it\'s own class next year.\"

--National VCA Secratary, viperrick, after witnessing VGX testing.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"My guess is that the 2003 SRT-10 will need to have it\'s own class next year.\"

Not sure what you mean.

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \"My guess is that the 2003 SRT-10 will need to have it\'s own class next year.\"

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperrick:
Not sure what you mean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were quoted from your post. True?
confused.gif

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rick--this is an exciting statement--perhaps you didn't mean it the way I thought you meant it?

From this, I deduced that what you saw at the track indicated that the VGX did so well that you felt it's brother the SRT whas going to annihilate the track records of the current GTS's and R/T's.

Did I read too much into this, or read you wrong?

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

I can tell you that certain PVO representatives have stated that a stock SRT-10 will slaughter a stock GTS in terms of road course lap times. I understand that the difference will be as big or bigger than the difference between a Gen I and Gen II Viper.

Big items favoring SRT-10: Power to weight ratio, aero, brakes, suspension, chassis rigidity, tire size.

The people sniveling about the looks of the SRT-10 will be seeing alot of its rear end on the track, if they can stay close enough.

OP
OP
T

toddt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frank Parise:

The people sniveling about the looks of the SRT-10 will be seeing alot of its rear end on the track, if they can stay close enough.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's nice to hear someone else echoing the reason I voted thumbs up on the SRT, in spite of toned down looks.

Performance #1, #2 ,#3, Styling #4.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Sniveling" --- geez, I love it!!!

A new word for the whiners.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Todd, sorry to have taken so long to respond but Frank is absolutly correct. I can't see how anyone will be able to put the SRT-10 in the same class as a Gen I or II. The only handicapp may be those expensive run-flats. Not in terms of performance (against pilots or sports) but in dollars per flat spot. Oops, the SRT-10 has antilock....bring it on.

Finally the whiners are fading fast on the board. I began making a post a few weeks ago which got canceled (I hate AOL) before I pressed the send button. In effect it said that those who were whining, were getting their last slams in on the new car before "King of the Hill" status was passed on to the SRT-10 owners. Soon, they (the whiners), will be hunting the streets looking for ricers and C-5's to pick on because the new King will be the SRT-10.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viperrick:
Soon, they (the whiners), will be hunting the streets looking for ricers and C-5's to pick on because the new King will be the SRT-10. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, that would only apply to the whiners that actually run their cars... some of them just tool around trying to look cool for the teenage chicks, confident their car is the bestest and fastest even though they never ran it
laugh.gif

EDIT,

In case this comes back to bite me later, I AM KIDDING!
smile.gif

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It doesn't seem like a dull looking car to me. Every side by side with a genII makes the car look very aggresive (except the headlights) The real performance numbers are going to be amazing! Reading over some performance specs of recent 'supercars' I found that the McLaren F1 did 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, 1/4 mile in 11.6 @ 125mph. This is a million dollar car with 627hp and our Dodge will not be far off those numbers! Deal with that!

nitro

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Vipers that raced in Lemans, I think the 96,97 brookspeed vipers where faster than Mclaren.
I can't wait till the SRT-10 comes out and starts racing in Lemans, I think they will crush the competition and then of course the competition will whine and they will restrict the viper with weight penalties and restrictor plates for winning.
Here is the link to the Brookspeed viper.

http://www.brookspeed.com/vipergtsr_performance.htm

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You mean it will head up the fast, ugly car class?

Don't worry guys I will give in to it someday, when they make it yellow!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark, I LOVE the poll Trey is running, but what does it mean? Do we know WHO is voting? Do we know if those voting CAN PURCHASE a Viper? Do we know if they even OWN a Viper? Do we know the votes are not from a bunch of 14 years olds? Until there is a way to "qualify" the voters, there is no way to know what the vote means.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 'vote' will be at VOI. When you see all the guys bashing the SRT-10 waiting in line to drive it! Do you think they'll just sit back at a distance and say "yuk, blah blah blah, it may be fast and say Viper, but my GenII is FAR superior. I like Mustangs and Camaros, I like Ferraris and Vipers (and some vettes) I like McDonalds and Burger King. Why do some people think we all have to choose a side of the fence? Relax. It will grow on you! That's what the dude said at CAAP.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manasas,

Excellent point! How do I just KNOW that the folks whining will be lined up 20 deep to drive the SRT, and I don't think they'll be doing much whining.

As for the SRT poll on the RT/GTS forum, how is that more meaningful than the fact that ALL of the certs were snapped up in days, AND that MOST of those turned into orders (those that didn't were quickly turned into orders from the waiting list).

The whiners just keep conveniently forgetting this fact...

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A slice of humble pie will be delivered to the first Gen I or Gen II Viper that attempts to race the SRT. In the mean time just keep the defiant comments coming ... "Oh, my car is better looking", "Oh, the SRT is just a Honda S2000 on steroids", ect... ect.... None of that will matter as you strain to get a quick glance of the SRT tail lights that are quickly fading into the horizon in front of you! Press the accelerator as hard as you like ... you simply will not be able to keep up.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garolittle:
A slice of humble pie will be delivered to the first Gen I or Gen II Viper that attempts to race the SRT. In the mean time just keep the defiant comments coming ... "Oh, my car is better looking", "Oh, the SRT is just a Honda S2000 on steroids", ect... ect.... None of that will matter as you strain to get a quick glance of the SRT tail lights that are quickly fading into the horizon in front of you! Press the accelerator as hard as you like ... you simply will not be able to keep up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better make sure your SRT is wearing a bra ( would probably look better ) to keep the front end from getting dinged up and made to look even uglier behind my Gen II.
BURNOUT.gif

No whinning...just fact!

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
If somebody parked a 700HP supercharged friggin MUSTANG in front of me and gave me the keys, I'd drive it. I'd bend it over and use it until it cried. But I'd never BUY one.

Try again.

You sailed right past the point. The performance is all Viper. We've never doubted it. We've never questioned it. We've never denied it. We fully expect it. We respect it. The body is a lame-*** Camaro-looking fresh-outta-the-trailer-park no-style uninspiring non-supercar I-won't-give-you-70K waste of space.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto what he said!
laughing2[1].gif

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Finally the whiners are fading fast on the board.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, just there posts are getting deleted!!!!
bsflag[1].gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mako,

Maybe you didn't see the RULES posted at the top of the page against the type of post you just made...or perhaps you're just stirring the ***?

Do you even have a Viper?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mako:
Rumor is that the SRT-10 will be ostrasized from all track run-group classes except the new, and diverse, STRATAMARO CLASS comprised of the following vehicles: Dodge Ram Trucks (except the Viper engine truck which is too cool for this class); Miatas; Honda S-2000s (class Beauty Queen); Dodge Stratus; SRT-10; Camaros (except the SS which gets to run in a real class); LeBaron Convertible; and the AMC Pacer (Levi edition). I will go out on a limb and predict that the SRT-10 will actually do well in this class!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
dunno.gif
confused.gif

Go to bed Mako,you need some sleep!
baby[1].gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mako:
are you saying that, on the one hand, it is OK to bash the "whiners" on this thread, but on the other hand the whiners cannot let DC know we hope they will: (1) improve the styling of the SRT-10 before release; (2) include a hardtop; and (3) give us a coupe ASAP?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't make the rules - so don't bother to debate them with me. They are set forth by the administration of this board... this board setup for Viper owners by the Viperclub. Now, given that you don't even have a Viper, and have a "deposit" for a 2003 (which is available only to Viper owners - PS is you name Robi Ferretti?), I think you don't qualify to have any leniency in how the rules are applied to you. The rules say "Additionally, The SRT section is for SRT related CONSTRUCTIVE comments and questions". Your comment "Rumor is that the SRT-10 will be ostrasized from all track run-group classes except the new, and diverse, STRATAMARO CLASS comprised of the following vehicles" is a violation of the rules. Viper slamming by non Viper owner... sounds like a troll to me.

Question... what do Mako and AgentF1 have in common? They both have Corvettes, they both stir $h*t on this site, and they both do it under the pretense of "loving Vipers and wanting to buy one". Sorry, you're a troll the same as he is. You still haven't explained how you have a 2003 on order - obviously you just have a friend with a cert... but that doesn't mean you get any say on the SRT, since you dont have a legitimate order with DC.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
My sportscar is in my signature, and my deposit is still on the SRT-10 pending specs, price and style changes. Any more questions?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laugh.gif
. Yeah, ok bud... well here's your answers. There will be NO styling changes beyond what you've seen. You should be able to realize this - the car rolls down the line in a few weeks - you think they are going to change ANYTHING at this point? Price is $79k before taxes and options (NO hardtop), and performance numbers will be given out at VOI. Will you be at VOI, being someone who has a real SRT order and all - would make you eligible. So will we see you there with the C5 with C5R block?

Have a good one buddy!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah...Mike, I wasnt going to say anything, but what he said...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone that goes wild on the streets with the GenI and GenII's don't really care what it will do on the road course. I would imagine no one will really care what it does at the track with the way it looks..

Gerald

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey guys. Either the SRT is causing a big drop in current Viper prices or people are just getting tired of the current model. I suspect the SRT is causing the drop.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:
Mike:

The issue of the certificates being snapped up is bogus. It's not to hard to sell 2000 of anything.
---------------

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon/Daniel,

The difference is I was a Viper owner until March of this year, whereas Mako NEVER had a Viper, so all he has is some sort of deal with a dealer to buy someone else's SRT.... given that he doesn't have an order in with DC, who cares what he thinks about the SRT??? DC doesn't care to extend SRT's to folks who are non-original Viper buyers, so why would they care what some guy thinks who is going to pick up an SRT from someone who doesn't want one? Answer - they wouldn't. Given that this guy says he could have bought a previous Viper if he wanted one (I guess he doesn't like them), and given that he is here ragging on the SRT saying his "order is on hold", why would he be given any more credibility than that AgentF1 dude? VOI7 is the Viper *owners* invitational right? I'll be there... so I guess I must be an owner right?
tongue.gif

Mako,

I am amazed that people are sitting around at tracks discussing me... that literally blows my mind. Like Mark O says, this ain't the cure for cancer - it's a car, nothing more. Do some people honestly think I have some sort of "in" with DC? I wish I did. I'd love to be DC's schlep and spout off about how great the SRT is if they'd give me a free one. I'm constantly amazed at how wrapped up in their cars some folks are.. I can't believe the assumptions, and the rumor, and the back-room discussions that take place. I talk to some folsk and they have stories and rumors about tuners and other folks in the club...I feel like I am in high school again. If any of these "local Viper owners" who are speculating about my connection with DC have any BACKBONE, then why don't they ask me about it? My email address is on my posts, and I have NOTHING to hide. I have never once been asked what, if any, connection I have to DC... yet I have heard twice now from people insinuating that I do. I'd say THOSE folks are the wusses... maybe they should wake up and realize it's *just* a car.

As for the personal attacks - what personal attacks? Geez, I don't know you and have never met you - so any perceived "personal attack" should be chalked up to ribbing on the board - it's not personal at all. I am not very skilled at road course racing - it's fun but I would not take it up as a career. Having said that, I think I am at least decent at it, and I'd be happy to run you if I am out there in my car, or if you are out here in yours. Maybe you'd bring the Z to the drag strip too so we could play on my turf too?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte