My headers Lost by UPS show up on EBAY

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy them. You'll get the seller's contact info. If you're feeling saucy, you can go as far as to pay for them with paypal, receive them, then do a chargeback due to item not as described. They'll take his money and you'll get it back. Paypal HEAVILY favors buyers in disputes.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There must be a VCA in Salt Lake City who can look into this first hand.

I've written a company who made one of his other eBay items to see if they've lost anything via UPS or otherwise matching the photo I sent.

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy auctioning still has not provided info on which auction he purchased them at. Ups is looking into it. When they auction stuff off they give them a number which the seller on ebay should be able to provide ups. If not they can work back to find if the auctioned it. IF not provide I sure they will seek out how they got out of UPS hands. Mr Makara was very understanding when they disappeared more than most people would have been. Both of us are disgusted to see them end up on ebay.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, I already contacted ebay but I think that contacting the seller's local law enforcement should be next. Would you be interested in doing this or should I? When do you expect to hear back from UPS?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPS must get a big pile of things every day that loose their shipping tag.
UPS probably just sells off the lost items and pays compensation.

The seller probably buys items from UPS and sells them on ebay.

I don't believe that the headers now belong to the original owner/shipper.

UPS came to an agreement with the shipper and even though the shipper was screwed on the deal, the shipper accepted the payment for the lost item.

I can't believe that UPS sells lost items at auction without being able to transfer title to the new owner of the items.

What I'm saying is, UPS must legally own the items that they are selling.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JOE,
But, what if there are a couple of guys working in that(UPS)area of Mike that know what he's shipping or even are checking items and stealing them to make money on the side through ebay, I also purchased from Mike and the item was lost,when they called me to settle with me I told them I don't want the money I wanted the item if I have to come there myself and search, then they found them. something fisshy over their.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One way to find out. In the mean time everyone, make sure your recepient's address is also directly attached to any item you send.

The guy still sounds fishy. His other auctions always say,"Don't ask me any questions...". If he was legit he'd obtain more information from the manufacturers to help get max $$ out of them.

There's only one car (and truck I guess) that uses headers with 5 primary tubes. It wouldn't be hard for him to find out the name of the header manufacturer. Unless he was afraid of being exposed...

KurtZ RT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a place here in KC that is a auction house for freight damage and salvage for most large trucking companies and UPS, Fedex
They get mostly damaged freight but also get items with lost shipping labels . Most everything I sell is from that place .sometime I get items that people lost in shipment and found on my ebay store and if they can show me it was theirs will sell it back to them for the price I paid for it. plus shipping

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KurtZ,
I think that's about what has happened here.

Your offer to sell at cost is a favor to the owner who has already been compensated by the shipper. Or perhaps didn't get compensated because they didn't pay for insurance.
I don't see any crime.

Some guy or guys who, working for the shipper, "divert" shipped items, are really not an issue here.
The shipper compensates for whatever the insurance limits require.
The shipper doesn't know if the "diverted" items were a theft or just a tag falling off.
If they catch their guys stealing, the shipper will call the cops.
It doesn't seem to me that an owner of a shipped item has any right to an item that has been compensated for and then later turns up because of lost or theft.

I'm betting that the contract you sign when shipping an item spells out your rights should the item be lost. I'm betting that the shipper owns the lost item if you have been compensated.

A big company like UPS wouldn't sell undeliverable items if they didn't own them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950