My Roe Supercharger Is Coming To Me!

S

SUN RA KAT

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Becky Roe called Tuesday to tell me my supercharger is being shipped to me and should get to me later this week - I'm #35 on the list for those of you who are keeping tract. I also talked with Sean about my mods and his supercharger. The MSD box is probably only needed for full throttle runs with my Viper. I laid a 200 foot parallel patches of rubber Tuesday night at only 1/3 throttle, so I can easily wait the 2 weeks or so for the MSD box, since I think the cold air in Ohio has added lots more power to my Viper and the roads are too cold now to give good traction.

I will be posting a thorough seat-of-my-pants report as it happens, from the ease of putting in the supercharger, to my first impressions at part throttle - full throttle will probably have to wait for a warm day in the spring - and anything else newsworthy about the Roe Supercharger.

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

The MSD box is probably only needed for full throttle runs with my Viper.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might not have any problems at all, every car seems to vary a little due to production toleraces in specs.

My car runs extremely strong, ran it for 200+ miles, of all out beating on it with full throttle, with no problems and all grins.

MSD's should be in in about 2 weeks. Hope this helps.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny, I think that you must enjoy your viper more than about anyone in the viperclub. Maybe it has somehthing to do with it being yellow. I heard that the yellow cars have almost as much power as the red with white striped cars. What mods do you have on your car so far?

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Makara -

It is a fact that I do enjoy my Viper. I am taking my time in learning all phases of how it handles in different situations so I can avoid getting snake bit. I try to drive my Viper smoothly, since it is much more predictable. Some of the Yellow Vipers have more power than the red and white ones, and as a whole, the Yellow Vipers were made with after the chasis dyno test at CAAP determined which chasis with engines diplayed the most power - then they added the Yellow body panels.

Seeing how my Yellow Viper comes from the factory already more powerfull than most other Vipers made at CAAP - which is why only 83 Yellow Vipers were made in 2002 - CAAP only found 83 chasis/engines combos worthy of being Yellow. (The Yellow and Black striped Vipers almost met the high power standards of the ALL Yellow Vipers and were marked by CAAP to indicate they were more powerfull than the Vipers of other colors, but not as powerfull as the ALL Yellow Vipers.)

I had been planning on making sure that my ALL Yellow Viper would raise the already high standard by which Yellow Vipers are measured, so I had Bill Pemberton put on Sean Roe Smooth Tubes with S&B Filters, Belanger Headers, Random Tech Ultra High flow Cats (for engines OVER 525 HP), and Corsa 3" Cat Back with 4" Tips. Also a lightweight flywheel, EBC Green Brake Pads were put on at the same time.

Since this was my first manual shift car, I had the Woodhouse Modified Shifter put on with the short MGW Shift Knob. I also had MGW HVAC knobs put in and the MGW Glove Box with the Yellow Viper on the front. I even also had the MGW Cup Holder put on the inside of the Glove Box, but I've never used it yet.

I'm 6'5" tall and had both seats get the 2" seat lowering kits, so I could fit into it with headroom and also my one friend who is 7'0" tall.

I also sent in my $100 as soon as I paid Bill at Woodhouse my deposit so I could be a member of VCA so I could get a big discount on the price of the fabulous North California Viper Club's Custom Floor Mats and Trunk Mat in Black with Yellow Viper Logo, of course. (My "free" 1 year VCA membership for buying a new Viper starts this January 1, 2003.)

Next I had my Viper Zainoed at Woodhouse. Then I flew out to see my Viper for the very first time and pick it up and drive it home following the strict break in proceedure.

I saw and drove my Viper for the very first time the same afternoon I flew to Blair, Nebraska and put on 200 miles and got my first oil change the next day before I drove back to Centerville, Ohio in one long trip. I had Woodhouse put 1" worth of shims under the front of my lowered seats to give me better leg support and more leg room.

A few weeks ago I added the Sean Roe VEC1 to my Viper.

And now I am impatiently waiting like a child the night before Christmas (no flame) for my Roe Supercharger.

bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT "SORRY TO BUST YOUR BUBBLE BUT THE RED GTS VIPERS ARE THE HOT ONES. That is why they are painted red for dangerous or alert, proceed with caution. True men drive RED VIPERS, YELLOW IS FOR THE MORE FEMINE FELLAS, have a good day and look out for the red snakes.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

ronviper -

The Red GTS Vipers ARE the hot ones - everytime I see one, it is pulled over at the side of the road with a Police car behind it with the lights flashing. The Police must agree, too, that all the Red GTS' are hot cars and are stopping them all until they find who the owner is so the Red Vipers can be returned to the rightful owners.

They don't call it Arrest-Me-Red for nothing!

Other than my NEVER used MGW Cup Holder in my Yellow Viper, there's nothing femine about me.

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUN RA KAT IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU HAVE A TENDER SIDE AND GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR, KEEP US UPDATED ON YOUR SUPERCHARGER PROGRESS.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

I was a substitute teacher yesterday at Centerville High School and somehow the subject of Vipers came up... Who says kids don't learn anything in school anymore?
wink.gif

Or teachers, for that matter? One girl said her father has a chasis dyno about a block from the high school at his sports car speed shop. I called her father and got an appointment today to get a baseline dyno run with printouts in 2 hours from now. I probably learned more in school yesterday than most of the students.
supergrin.gif

I will post the results later. Right now, A-Vipering I'm A-Going so I can have the fluids at proper operating temperatures for my dyno run.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Just got home from doing 3 dyno runs. The first run in 3rd gear was quite a bit lower than the other two in 4th gear, so I had them delete it from their computer. The dyno was a Dynojet & the figures below are SAE corrected.

Dynorun 002 Max Power = 431.9 Max Torque = 474.6
Dynorun 003 Max Power = 436.1 Max torque = 480.6

BTW, when I got home I had to step around several large packages in my living room from a Sean Roe in Florida. Does anyone know what these packages might be?

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SUNRA KAT those are good numbers for a creampuff, matter of fact those are good numbers compared to all vipers with similar mods. Your vipe's should be badass with the Roe charger.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kenny,
Those are great numbers!
Could you imagine how much more you'd make if your car was <FONT size="6">BLACK!!</FONT s>
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Bigfoot says - "Could you imagine how much more you'd make if your car was BLACK!!"

SUN RA MEOW says - "It's Black at night..."

It's also Black in my refrigerator, but only because I haven't replaced the burned out bulb yet.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask anyone a simple question. What color is a Viper....your answer will be Blue w white strips. I'm sorry for all that had to buy newer than 1997
smile.gif

Oh....Kenny, get that s/c ON ASAP !! I would say keep us informed but I don't think that will be a problem.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which color vipers are used to race again?

You must be registered for see images

Thaaaaaaat's riiiiiiight

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Makara on 10-31-2002 at 05:28 PM</font>

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am curious to see what a creampuff will do with your mods. I want to put on what you have right now but want to see if it is worth the money on a creampuff.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUN RA KAT:
I laid a 200 foot parallel patches of rubber Tuesday night at only 1/3 throttle, so I can easily wait the 2 weeks or so for the MSD box, since I think the cold air in Ohio has added lots more power to my Viper and the roads are too cold now to give good traction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The dyno was a Dynojet & the figures below are SAE corrected.

Dynorun 002 Max Power = 431.9 Max Torque = 474.6
Dynorun 003 Max Power = 436.1 Max torque = 480.6
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kenney...glad to see old yeller planting some solid numbers...very nice...are you re-paving the streets around Centerville with your rear Pilots???

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno Kenny. When I see yellow cars at the track, I see tupperware:

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

Snake Bitten -

I can still see the look in my wife's eyes when I mentioned JonB- Parts Rack's sale on Pilots. I didn't even try to explain to my wife that my Viper has 4,000 miles on it now and it will need new rear tires soon. I close my eyes and I still see "The Look"...

========================================================

ACR Larry -

That car has the right color, but not the right name.
Yellow being stronger engines only works in Vipers.
You should be glad you don't have to race against many Yellow Vipers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96