My US Speed Mats

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A few pics of US Speed mats in a GenI with green embroidery. They are kind of dirty in the pics but I figured they would not look the same wet after I cleaned them. They must put some protectant on them because they cleaned up like new. Very happy with them. :)

4355Mats2-med.jpg

4355Mats1-med.jpg

4355Mats5-med.jpg

4355Mats4-med.jpg

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
very nice.

what is the "green floor" that the car is sitting on?

A green tarp that I threw down for winter to keep moisture from getting under the car. I guess I should fold it up now. It's just so easy to clean. :)

Man_Car

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you having the problem of it sliding up under the pedals or is it too new to tell? I need to get a pair but I want one that won't slide.

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you having the problem of it sliding up under the pedals or is it too new to tell? I need to get a pair but I want one that won't slide.

I have had them for a while now and there is no sliding at all. You will not need to use the gromets. They are much larger than stock and fill the footwell up pretty good. They have a soft textured rubber like underside that keeps them from moving around. I have noticed that the clutch pedal leaves an imprint on the drivers side up top. I don't notice it at all when driving. I think it just bottoms out on the mat, has not been an issue for me.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same exact mats with black embroidery in my 95 Green/Tan car. TOTALLY satisfied with them and i have had them for about 1 year now. :2tu: The green looks very cool.

ronniej

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got a set in last week. Haven't had time to install them. They look great. These are the famous Lloyds Mats that have been around for years.

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the actual color of the mat that is close to Cognac?

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the actual color of the mat that is close to Cognac?

Cognac is different than the GenI tan that I have. If you call them they will send you samples to match up with your car. I got all of the brown/tan ones and picked the best match. I remember one "Palomino" I think was a ringer for Cognac. Just have them send out anything that looks close and pick the one you like best.

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they come with the carpet screws as well that holds them in place?

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my US Speed Mats color swatches. I thought Palomino looked like a dead ringer too, but it's not. My '02 Cognac interior has more of a red tint to it than tan. I am going to request that they send me every swatch that is in the brown/saddle/sand range. Hopefully one will match better, because these mats looks really nice and durable. Has anyone else order US Speed mats for a Viper with Cognac interior?

OP
OP
C

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got my US Speed Mats color swatches. I thought Palomino looked like a dead ringer too, but it's not. My '02 Cognac interior has more of a red tint to it than tan. I am going to request that they send me every swatch that is in the brown/saddle/sand range. Hopefully one will match better, because these mats looks really nice and durable. Has anyone else order US Speed mats for a Viper with Cognac interior?

I just looked at my samples and it was #500 "cork" that I was thinking of. I don't see it on their website anymore. I would give them a call and see if they still have it. I can send you the samples that I have, but it was cork that I was thinking of. Make sure you get a sample from them because they look a lot different in person.

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Carguy, I just emailed them and asked them if they still carried #500 Cork. Hopefully they do, because I'm a perfectionist, unfortunately, and not having the right color would bug me everytime I drive the beauty. I'll let you know what they say.