My viper was keyed very bad "graphic pictures "

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a bunch of deviants or misguided kids did a number. I doubt it was one guy as doesn't look like something an individual would do but drugs can make people not even human. I had a vehicle keyed once by an employee I had to let go. Mentally unstable but ran their key/knife along my truck, deep as they obviously walked around it a few times obviously in a manor that would look like they were only looking at it. Your situation would be deliberate as they carve words and pictures. Crazy stuff!

Had to log on after more than a year absence to see what people were talking about. Pictures made me absolutely sick to my stomach. Hopefully you get it fixed better than new otherwise it will always feel tainted now.

Another option is to take the insurance money, put it towards a new Viper with your coupon, and maybe a huge dealer discount on a car sitting on the lot. Then take the old one and plastic dip it, sell it for the price difference and someone will have a track toy. No money out for you, you get a new car with zero issues and perfect paint. Someone else gets a track toy for cheap and everyone wins. Well everyone but the public hanging we would like to see for the idiots that did this. Interesting that the ZR1 did not invoke jealously by the idiots who did this.

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Seems awful low. To do this correctly, all the body panels and both doors need to be removed. My guess is $10K - $15K for the paint job alone.

I will take the car apart myself just to make sure it's done right

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Horrified to see this, I feel your pain :(

Many years ago I had my Camaro Keyed after just having it resprayed, but nothing on that scale, just a rear quarter :(

That damage must have taken some time and dedication, someone out there will know this guys work. Can't believe CCTV has not picked up anyone in the area.

I hope you get the car repaired to the standard you require.

Mark UK

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Horrified to see this, I feel your pain :(

Many years ago I had my Camaro Keyed after just having it resprayed, but nothing on that scale, just a rear quarter :(

That damage must have taken some time and dedication, someone out there will know this guys work. Can't believe CCTV has not picked up anyone in the area.

I hope you get the car repaired to the standard you require.

Mark UK

Thanks Mark
It will be as good as new in a few more weeks
Thanks
Wayne

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you looked at any alarm systems. I still cannot comprehend the motivation behind this act. I hope it turns out perfect. I also hope that that the perp somehow pays.

Thanks Mark
It will be as good as new in a few more weeks
Thanks
Wayne

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
you going with same or different color?

Same color I was going competion blue but it makes the most sense to keep it the same but with a few more mods think ACR
Thanks
Wayne

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at any alarm systems. I still cannot comprehend the motivation behind this act. I hope it turns out perfect. I also hope that that the perp somehow pays.

The car has a good alarm system just not good enough to catch someone keying it

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
How are you getting on, is the car being stripped down in the paint shop? Are you sending the car back to Prefix?

Took the car apart my self most parts are being replaced but the door and exhaust cover are being stripped down and painted by a very good local shop with the same PPG paint Prefix uses
Thanks
Wayne

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
He's back and Badder than ever

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
wayne

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out. I think the part that I love the most is that it's back out on the track.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here we see the mighty viper, healed from it's momentary infirmity and running wild in its natural habitat.

Haha, looking good, congrats on getting the bad behind you and getting back to enjoying her. Now, get that flame thrower security system installed pronto. j/k, but seriously.

OP
OP
JETSTAR

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I snapped a few Pictures today I just love this car from this angle
Its just so ****

wrh3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great, glad to see it repaired and back on the track.....not sure what would drive someone to do that to someone else's car.

08ViperCoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne's car looks awesome in person! Especially with all the aero stuff. It's super ****!!

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I snapped a few Pictures today I just love this car from this angle
Its just so ****

It is gorgeous

OP
OP
JETSTAR