My Wife's First Ride

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We decided to take a quick 100 mile run to go eat lunch with DarcShadow and his wife leading the way in HIS '01 GTS. This was my wife's first ride in my new '01 GTS and her first time to ride with me 'at speed' in any car or bike.:drive: I want to thank you guys for warning me about the first ride leaving lasting impressions.:omg: I was gentle and gradually started using more of the Snake's potential as the miles clicked past. She LOVED it ... didn't even freak at following DarcShadow through the twisties way outside of town.

Shortly before arriving at our lunch destination (a little over an hour into the ride), I made a high speed pass on a two lane highway to catch up to DS. When I looked over to see what her reaction was, SHE WAS PUTTING ON LIPSTICK!:D That was at 110 mph and she didn't think anything of it. I may have a future co-pilot in the making!

Again, thanks for warning me to keep the testosterone under control for the first ride. She's ready to go again and I think a lot of that is due to introducing her slowly to the massive power that the Viper can unleash.

DarcShadow's GTS is the Yellow one, mine is the Sapphire. We turned a LOT of heads driving through the country in North Texas today.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 117

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool!

I've had my wife in many of my modded vettes and she just starts to scream at me.... partly out of excitement/ partly because she was scared...lol

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My partner does not like my driving, if I go out in the car its either by myself or with my son :) she does not like being looked at in the car :dunno:

Suites me fine :2tu: I get to have fun without being shouted at ;)

Mark
:uk:

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My partner does not like my driving, if I go out in the car its either by myself or with my son :) she does not like being looked at in the car :dunno:

Suites me fine :2tu: I get to have fun without being shouted at ;)

Mark
:uk:

I think your wife and mine must me long lost sisters!!!
She hates people looking at her in the car!:dunno:

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"My Wife's First Ride"

...not what I was hoping for in the thread...

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife ******* because her neck is sore after going for a ride...........in the viper.........

you are lucky!

and I wonder why she refuses to fly with me :rolleyes:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good going and great story :drive:

just noticed your from Burleson, have you seen s red gts w/ white vents around town :dunno:

:eater:

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our Vipers are not Fast Enough for my Wife, Turns ,Twists or wide open straight highway, It's always lets do it again, except faster. She loves Speed, May be my fault as I started here out in a 69 Hemi Roadrunner.:D:D

OP
OP
B

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just noticed your from Burleson, have you seen s red gts w/ white vents around town :dunno:

:eater:

Haven't seen any Reds in town. Just mine and a silver with white stripes. I've been living here on the east side of town for 3 years and haven't caught sight of a red one around here.:dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife was in my Red 98 GTS when I hydroplaned it and head-on'd a Semi.

She watches every move I make. Too fast, move over, don't pass, etc., but she's better in the Viper. She does give me the "Evil Eye" if I use more than half throttle or tuck a corner too tight. During the Revelstoke Rally (Viper Magazine) she 'tested herself' and passed. She also isn't thrilled with all the traffic on the freeway taking our pics with their camera phone. She'll be OK once I tint the windows??? :) She does love to travel and the motion sickness isn't as bad when she takes Ginger. She goes with me to nearly all VCA events and enjoys the people.

Ted

R

RTED

This thread brings back memories of my wife's first long distance drive several years ago for our first MCVO Northern Michigan wine tour weekend. The caravan of vipers were moving along quite well (we refer to this as "spirited driving"). I looked over at my wife as she was reading one of her favorite fashion magazines and said.....You know we are doing 1_ _MPH.....she casually looked up and around and responded in a calm voice "be careful" and returned to her magaizine. I guess I am one of the lucky guys to have a wife that enjoys driving in the Viper.:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So does that mean you don't drive very aggressively, or she's gotten so use to it, it's not a big deal any more? Ha!

Mine spent the majority of the weekend drive reading a book. Although I did get the evil eye a few times when I stepped the rear end out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang