Need a recommendation to purchase tires.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to replace the tires on my 99 ACR. I would like to send the wheels with old tires still mounted and have new Michelins installed and the wheels balanced.

What company is best suited to do this? I want to be sure that my BBS wheels are not damaged in the process and have little confidence in the local (Philadelphia area) resources.

What company offers the best value and turn around time?

I have a few light surface scratches on one of the wheels. I would like to have this wheel refinished at the same time. Any company out there that can satisfy this criterion as well?

Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Call Luke at TireRack for your tires...then ask him for list of "approved" places to mount/balance them....obviuosly, I skipped over question of refinishing the ACR BBS wheels ...personally, have learned to live with very light scratches on Viper wheels( have 4 Vipers with 4 different wheel types) as the refinishing business seems to be a touchy one in my opinion. I suppose that if you can't live with wheels after several treatments with Zaino(especially#5), you could ask a GOOD paint shop to lightly re-clearcoat them...long term solution with ACR wheels may be to change brake pads for less dust, keep them well "Zaino-ed", and NEVER use a brush on them. P.S....I REALLY HATE cleaning our ACR's wheels!!!! Others will undoubtedly offer further helpful insights...Good Luck.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Definiteky talk to Luke ( he is very helpful and very knowledgeable for Viper owners. Though all their reps are great , make sure to contact Luke, even if you have to wait.
1-888-541-1779