Need advice on these.

Bubba 2.9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this should be in the wheel section, but I'm desperate and need to make a decision quickly. I'm looking to go with these wheels 21x13 with a 375/20/21 in the rear and a 20x10 with a 295/25/20 in the front on a 2013 GTS. Am I going to have problems fitting these? Do you think they will look horrible? This was a setup recommended to me that I like. Please, I want some real opinions and criticism, don't worry about offending me. Often times I need to be saved from myself, like when I go shopping for clothes.

http://www.hrewheels.com/gallery/srt-viper-with-hre-p106-in-brushed-titanium

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this should be in the wheel section, but I'm desperate and need to make a decision quickly. I'm looking to go with these wheels 21x13 with a 375/20/21 in the rear and a 20x10 with a 295/25/20 in the front on a 2013 GTS. Am I going to have problems fitting these? Do you think they will look horrible? This was a setup recommended to me that I like. Please, I want some real opinions and criticism don't worry about offending me. Often times I need to be saved from myself, like when I go shopping for clothes.

http://www.hrewheels.com/gallery/srt-viper-with-hre-p106-in-brushed-titanium
Why would you care what others think regarding the looks if this is your money? HRE would not sell these rims without first finding out if they fit and they would be to ask since they have the offset and backspacing info. Wider rear tires will give you more traction and hook up but at expense of rolling resistance and increase in rotational inertia. If the overall diameter is larger than stock, your speedo may be slightly off. You can get the diameter measurements from the tire manuf to do some comparisons versus stock.

When you go to larger wheels and tires, you typically increase unsprung mass which is not a good thing. Check with the tire manuf and HRE if and how much extra unsprung mass you would be adding. Furthermore, if the new combo is heavier, you will increase the ROLLING MASS which for all practical purposes, triples the increase in unsprung mass. Even though you will not lose horsepower, you will decrease the efficiency and for all practical purposes, lay less power to the ground. The increased rolling mass and higher rolling resistance from the wider tires will also decrease your fuel efficiency and you may experience changes in handling characteristics of the car. These things may or may not matter to you but if they do, gather up some facts and decide then. If you are concerned with looks, no need to worry about this stuff.

OP
OP
B

Bubba 2.9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you care what others think regarding the looks if this is your money? HRE would not sell these rims without first finding out if they fit and they would be to ask since they have the offset and backspacing info. Wider rear tires will give you more traction and hook up but at expense of rolling resistance and increase in rotational inertia. If the overall diameter is larger than stock, your speedo may be slightly off. You can get the diameter measurements from the tire manuf to do some comparisons versus stock.

When you go to larger wheels and tires, you typically increase unsprung mass which is not a good thing. Check with the tire manuf and HRE if and how much extra unsprung mass you would be adding. Furthermore, if the new combo is heavier, you will increase the ROLLING MASS which for all practical purposes, triples the increase in unsprung mass. Even though you will not lose horsepower, you will decrease the efficiency and for all practical purposes, lay less power to the ground. The increased rolling mass and higher rolling resistance from the wider tires will also decrease your fuel efficiency and you may experience changes in handling characteristics of the car. These things may or may not matter to you but if they do, gather up some facts and decide then. If you are concerned with looks, no need to worry about this stuff.

Thanks man. I ordered them. JD

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the HRE P40 Brushed Monobloc wheels on my Gen IV! (19/20) and they fit perfectly. You just change the aspect ratio of the tire to keep the wheel/tire diameter as close to OEM as possible.

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is painful 12 k holly hell i can buy a used corvette for that LOL !!!!!!!

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** for sure. $12k, can't say I could ever love any wheel enough for that, but those are hot, looking forward to seeing them on your car. We need some customized 5s out there.

OP
OP
B

Bubba 2.9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
**** for sure. $12k, can't say I could ever love any wheel enough for that, but those are hot, looking forward to seeing them on your car. We need some customized 5s out there.

D I'm right with you. I'm having trouble sleeping thinking about the price of those damn things. I'm 47 years old and the older I get the fn cheaper I get. JD