Need an oil catch can for 2009 ACR

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Removed the intake manifold to install the new Arrow Racing ported lower intake on my 2009 ACR and found way too much Mobil 1 inside.

Seems like the Gen IV ***** oil into the intake just like all other Vipers. Really hoped that SRT would have sorted this out by now.

Anyone have or know of a vendor who has put together an oil catch can / breather set up for Gen IV?

Dan

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
dan...your slowing too much for the corners. ;)

Let me look at mine and see what can be fabbed

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
dan...your slowing too much for the corners. ;)

Let me look at mine and see what can be fabbed

Yeah, still slow as molasses in winter, except in the straights .....

I was going to post a picture of the inside of my intake, but did't want to scare prospective buyers away!

Spoke with a few other knowledgeable techs and they advised a full breather system for the track. Not sure exactly where to drill these Gen IV valve covers though - not as easy an install as previous Gens.

I just put a smaller hose inside the existing hose for the time being to cut the vacuum on the PCV which should help but won't solve the problem.

When are you going to come out and drive with us Carl? Any chance you can make West Coast Racing's Willow Springs event at the end of October or Speed Ventures at Fontana in November?

See you at Coronado,

Dan

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Check this out! 6000 miles, five track events on my 2009 ACR. The first sign was Mobil 1 seeping out of my throttle bodies.

You must be registered for see images

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removed the intake manifold to install the new Arrow Racing ported lower intake on my 2009 ACR and found way too much Mobil 1 inside.

Seems like the Gen IV ***** oil into the intake just like all other Vipers. Really hoped that SRT would have sorted this out by now.

Anyone have or know of a vendor who has put together an oil catch can / breather set up for Gen IV?

Dan

Talk to Howard at AR Fabrication 540-722-3966. He's fabricating one for my 06 SRT10 for that reason. Maybe he can make another for you using mine as a template.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to attach a catch can to my 6.1 on the SRT8 JGC for the same problem... curious, what does the "Arrow Racing ported lower intake " give you in terms of performance + pic.......

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan

I ran one of these on my big block Chevy engine and it trapped a LOT of oil.

JEGS 52205 JEGS Air Oil Separator

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan...I'm running the DE at Coronado and plan on making the reace on Sunday. I'm still kicking aroung the Pahrump deal and will most likely make OTR in November. I'm anxious to get back to Willow again. I'm heading up to Lagaun Seca for the ALM race in Oct.

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Aries,

Thanks but Gen IV and Gen III are different enough to need a different catch can, different mounting location, different hose routing, etc. I have a catch can on my 04 Paxton car.

You guys that can't see the picture I posted, not sure why, maybe your computer or software? Would be nice to know.

Art138,

Arrow Racing (the warranty engine rebuild center for Viper) ports and polishes the lower portion of the intake manifold for Gen IV. Supposed to pick up 20 - 25 hp & tq.

Viperless,

Will call Jegs next week. Good idea but need larger fittings for 5/8 inch hoses.

Carl,

Nice to see you "back in the saddle."

Thanks,

Dan

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Paul,

Some seem to see it and other's don't. Not sure whey.

I am using newer software?

Can't have too much horsepower!!!

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang