Need help, rubbing issues!

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a 2006 First eition coupe and i recently put lowering springs and caps on it, i love the way the car is sitting, but i seem to have a rubbing issue on the inside of both rear tires. Now i see alot of guys on here with springs and caps and bigger wheels yet i never hear about rubbing issues, did i do something wrong on the install? please any advice would be nice!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please elaborate on bigger wheels? Esp TIRES? Stock Springs? Eibachs?

Are your rear shocks leaking? Miles on em?

OP
OP
M

Matt162

Viper Owner
Reaction score
okay i have stock wheels, 345/30/r19 tires, eibachs in the rear with the spring cap, i dont see any fluid leaking, and 20k on the shocks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We usually warn folks that Eibachs PLUS Spring caps are a bit too much lowering for SRT10 Rear...but some owners DO get away with it. I dont think you have an install issue...springs and/or caps are hard to bugger. Are your tire pressures correct? Some weird tire brand?

Measure your lower rear frame-rail height from the ground to the rail on both sides. No occupants. Same?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They all rub if they are lowered or the owner does not really drive the car. Your stock wheels are tucked in so the tires are rubbing on the inner portion of the fender liner I would bet.

A wheel with a more aggressive offset will move them out a bit and reduce the contact on the inner portion of the fender liner but they will still rub on bigger dips in the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog