Need help with a Roe Supercharger, anybody have one?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have a first time Viper owner who bought a modified 1997 Viper from out of state. Its his first musclecar and he has had lots of problems right off the trailer.

His Roe Supercharger has failed and is not serviceable (Compressor unit, 2.4). I am trying to find some cost effective options for him, rebuilt or used unit.

I am talking to Kenne Bell and Sean Roe, but thought someone out there in the Viper community might be of help.

Dan Cragin
SPT
310-597-6295

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't go with PSE for a rebuild, I'm sure Sean probably advised you with the same advice. I believe Ellowviper on the Alley has rebuilt his 2.8L and it might be worth a shot to email him. Maybe covert it to a 2.8L for $2200.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is not serviceable about the blower? I just put hybrid ceramic bearings and upgraded seals in my 2.8H without any drama for around $300 in parts. I'm sure I could do the same on the 2.4 as well as long as it isn't a solid mass of melted aluminum. These blowers are pretty forgiving as long as the basic component are not ruined. Let me know. Also as stated, upgrading to a new 2.8l is a pretty slick option as well (preferred option in my book).

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The bearings failed, the rotors went out of synch and everything is damaged. We are just trying to get him on the road for the best price.

Thanks.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've chatted with this Company and they seem willing to entertain many options to include taking in a basket case, evaluating its worth, and potentially offering some salvage cash. They may also have some units on the shelf for exchange as well...https://www.jonbondperformance.com/ Now there are a few threads out there in the WWW that detail some bad experiences with this Company...but like we've seen time and time again on these sorts of threads, there are always two sides to the story. There are many positive stories too. Give him a call and see what they can do.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I could be persuaded to sell just my blower since I'd like to go with a 4.2 on a custom build. Not sure what good price point would be...around $1500.00 I suppose seeing a new 2.8 is 2300 or so and I have some upgraded bearings, etc.. Just an option.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, So...whatever happened here? Inquiring minds want to know. Hate to have first-time owner and fellow ROE owner in dire straights. Looking for good news or a happy owner.

OP
OP
D

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We ended up buying a remanufactered unit from Kenny Bell, with a warranty. Thanks Sean at Roe Racing and all of you for your help. The car is back on the road and running well.

Dan