need local help

willworkforvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I'm Trey and I'm still new to vipers I'm in need of help matiencing my viper until I'm confident to work on it on my own. Anyway I'm looking for a reliable place to get my viper detailed touched up buffed and cleaned and then 3m wrapped. I'm also looking for a place that sells the k&n charged air filters. After all that looking for a place to just check out my entire car and make sure everything up to par running great and everything will keep working any tips would help thanks!!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Trey. Sorry that it's taken so long for me to respond...been a BUSY week with Tom Sessions here(sorry that you could not come here for a REAL expert Viper inspection/evaluation by Tom)...plus we had an unexpected death in the family.

Actually, I would recommend that you reverse the order in your approach..#1....Inspection & evaluation; #2...rank any repairs & maintenance by threat level and complete same as time and budget permit; #3... THEN consider upgrades/modifications as you see fit...noting that detailing might fall in between #2 and#3,...or last in my opinion!!

Jason Mattinson (your IN/KY VCA Southern Director) can/will hook you up with "Junkman" if you REALLY need that level of detailing. Jason also recently told me that there MAY be a Viper Tech back in the Louisville area...suggest that you contact Jason.

As to maintenance: There are many fluids to consider, but I would suggest that you follow factory protocol (mileage/usage/TIME) until you really know exactly where your 2003 SRT-10 stands. That said, there ARE fluid MISTAKES in the 2003 Owners Manual (differential fluid IN NOT "75W-85" as goes in the tranny...but it IS 75W-140 plus Friction Modifier), upgraded fluids to consider, etc. As an example: the 2003 Viper came with the old Mopar power steering (clear) fluid...and 2004 on came with ATF+4...red... (noting further that the 2003-2006 Service Manuals STILL say to use the old fluid as does the online CD that the inexperienced Techs use...both sources of which also warn against ATF as a printing hold-over from earlier Vipers). Many folks have indeed put the ATF+4 into the 2003 P/S system with excellext results...me included.

Did you know that ALL Vipers 1992 through 2010 have the SAME markings on the clutch fluid cap(???)..."DOT 3"....problem is that Dodge recommends (and supplied as "factory fill") their Mopar DOT 4 fluid for 1999 through 2010 Vipers!!!

If you want more info, call me...as typist I'm not !!

Best of luck,

Seve Fess, Membership Coordinator, VCA IN/KY Region, Inc.