Need parts? Check your Dodge dealer too!

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, so I needed a few parts recently for my 97 GTS and I usually never think about buying parts from my dealer for any of my cars because I have found through the years that they charge, well you know, a TON! :)

Strangely, I have found them to be the best source this past week. I'll give 3 examples.

I needed a radiator overflow tank. Tried X2builders, their price for a used one was $50. My dealer had it in stock for $39 (new of course). :2tu:

Today I needed to buy a replacement wheel (front, silver painted). I looked all over, Craigslist, Ebay (used sets were $800 ish), Partsrack wanted $750 for a good used one.. then as a last resort I decided to call my dealer. Brand new, $730 including overnight shipping and tax! :2tu:

Lastly, my brother (ratical2 on this forum) asked me to check out radiator hose prices while I was at the parts counter. He said he was told just one of the hoses was $200. The guy checked and one hose was $39 and the other was $49. Again, much less than he thought. :2tu:

So... if you are like me and usually don't consider going to a dealer for parts, you might include them in your next search. It has worked for me this week.

No, I don't work for Dodge, never have, don't know anyone who does, etc... Just something I thought might save some people some $$.

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Tators garage? I did a google search and found nothing. Is this a dealership? Webstore?

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome thanks. I'll contact him too next time I need parts. Lots of great reviews!!

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the upper radiator hose, I tried to get one and it was mirror image of what it was supposed to be.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cratica , I did deal with X2builders before and parts usually cost around 1/2 of new.For example ,a new tail light here in Canada cost $439 cdn, check X2bulders' costs for a good used one ;). It's still a good idea to shop around though .

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another source for Dodge OEM parts at good prices. I was not aware they stocked Viper parts until an A/C shop working on my car used them as a source for an A/C condenser this week.

Dodge Viper Parts - DodgeTruckParts.net

I normally check with Tator or Partsrack first as they are strong site supporters and have an incredible amount of combined Viper knowledge. Tator also gives a 20% discount off retail prices to VCA members.

V

Venomiss

Ok, so I needed a few parts recently for my 97 GTS and I usually never think about buying parts from my dealer for any of my cars because I have found through the years that they charge, well you know, a TON! :)

Strangely, I have found them to be the best source this past week. I'll give 3 examples.

I needed a radiator overflow tank. Tried X2builders, their price for a used one was $50. My dealer had it in stock for $39 (new of course). :2tu:

Today I needed to buy a replacement wheel (front, silver painted). I looked all over, Craigslist, Ebay (used sets were $800 ish), Partsrack wanted $750 for a good used one.. then as a last resort I decided to call my dealer. Brand new, $730 including overnight shipping and tax! :2tu:

Lastly, my brother (ratical2 on this forum) asked me to check out radiator hose prices while I was at the parts counter. He said he was told just one of the hoses was $200. The guy checked and one hose was $39 and the other was $49. Again, much less than he thought. :2tu:

So... if you are like me and usually don't consider going to a dealer for parts, you might include them in your next search. It has worked for me this week.

No, I don't work for Dodge, never have, don't know anyone who does, etc... Just something I thought might save some people some $$.

Your brother is Ratical2? Why aren't you a member yet?:D

Looking around at all the suppliers here is a good thing along with the dealers for prices.
Many give deals for members and to other vendors like the VPA.:)
http://forums.viperclub.org/new-products-supplier-specials-group-buys-vendor-reviews/

OP
OP
C

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know. Maybe Ken's just smarter than me?? Wait... no that can't be it. :) LOL Just haven't done that yet. Maybe if he and Maurice twist my arm, I'll do it. I haven't been around the forum for a few years since I sold my first Viper (RT) back in 05. He bought his GTS a fews ago and now I just got another Viper, this time a GTS. I've been hanging out in the corvette forum since I've owned my C6 but now I own both so will be here and there. It's a shock to go back and see the Viper tax on everything. Yeesh! :) That's why it's always good to shop around.

V

Venomiss

Oh, I don't know. Maybe Ken's just smarter than me?? Wait... no that can't be it. :) LOL Just haven't done that yet. Maybe if he and Maurice twist my arm, I'll do it. I haven't been around the forum for a few years since I sold my first Viper (RT) back in 05. He bought his GTS a fews ago and now I just got another Viper, this time a GTS. I've been hanging out in the corvette forum since I've owned my C6 but now I own both so will be here and there. It's a shock to go back and see the Viper tax on everything. Yeesh! :) That's why it's always good to shop around.

Maybe you can find your way to VOI.
Have a Viper/brother reunion.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always shop around for the best prices before I buy anything. I have found that some places will include shipping in their price, which is a big deal especially in this economy.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you turn it around? :lmao:

Yes, and unfortunately my radiator doesn't open and feed from the passenger side or it would have worked. Trust me, I even talked/submitted photos to Chuck Tator about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960