Need to transport from Seattle to El Paso-Who to use?

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As my title states, I need to transport my Viper from Seattle to El Paso. Last time I used Horseless Carriage and was extremely dissapointed. This time around I would like to go with someone with more of a personal touch, not a big company. I am not in a big rush, don't need the car down here for a month or so.
Let me know who you guys like!

Thanks

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cruser,

We used Reliable to get my wife's SL here from FL. I was pleased with the service. 800-528-5709 I'd also get more than one quote.

-M

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary Almond is the one you want. Call him fast as he has become 1st choice and/or only carrier many will use! :2tu:

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have already emailed Gary. I thought there was also a gentleman out of Seattle that did transports. Maybe one of the NW guys will mention him.

I went with DAS a few years ago to transport my ZR1. I did not like the fact that they take the car to different distribution centers and will move your car from semi to semi depending on what is going where. I have heard horror stories of what they do to cars when they transfer them.

Mikey-

I will also get a quote from Reliable. I am trying to have a single person hauler like Gary's setup this time, though. If you or your family are ever down in Texas let me know, doors are always open. I also want to get up to St. Lou sometime and go for a ride & feel the Roe!

Thanks for the replies so far.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cruser,
Yes, here is the transport in the local Seattle area. I used Fred to bring my Viper from Alabama, to Renton (Seattle), and a friend used him to transport his Viper from here to Houston, TX. Very good and considerate of your car.

http://www.concourstransport.com/

Owner/Operator Fred Koller
Phone (253)973.3987
(702)361.1928 Fax (702)269.0382

Locations In Seattle, Washington and Las Vegas, Nevada
Enclosed Auto Transport Nationwide
Lift Gate Loading Experienced Personnel
Classic & Exotic Cars Special Events Fully Insured

Later,

Abq Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want the personal feeling of a close friend doing the shipping in your place, Gary is the only choice. He'll call you every day and update you on where he is, and how your car is doing.

He's always my first choice, but call him early, because he's a busy guy- for good reason !

Bill
:)

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Believe it or not, you might want to try Federal Express as well. They just shipped this one from Michigan to Colorado.

You must be registered for see images

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cruser,

I sent you an email. I'd be more than happy to transport your car. As you can see from my website, I transport cars in a single-car enclosed trailer. The same one I take my Heffner Supercharged (850 rwhp) Viper to the track in!

I do stay very busy, but I'm always looking to fill holes in my schedule. I think that you or anyone else would be more than happy with my personalized services. I can't recommend the big carriers because they stuff a lot of cars in those trucks and stack them on top of each other. Many of them also use "warehousing" (i.e., drop your car off where it waits for another truck to come and pick it up) to keep their costs down. This makes great financial sense for THEM but exposes your car to much more potential damage. It also makes it difficult for them to deliver your car in a timely manner.

Fuel costs have gone up 50% since I started doing this, but I've never raised my prices. I've looked at different approaches to keeping costs down and still making this a viable business and decided to go to a two-car trailer setup. The cars will be transported back to back and therefore any issues of one car leaking on another is not possible. For those that still want single-car services, I'll continue to offer this as an option. This is a win-win for everybody.

Feel free to call me at 240-994-1343 if you have any questions.

And thanks to everybody for your continued support!

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,

Just sent you an email. Very reasonable rate, actually cheaper than what I paid to Horseless Carraige.

Thanks everyone for all the comments. Looks like I will soon be another satsified Gary Almond customer!