New 08 Owner, should have listened to you guys...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know, I know, everyone warned me, and maybe it was just my foolish youth that tried to ignore it, but here is the saddest part of this past Saturday:

You must be registered for see images attach

Saturday afternoon I picked up my BRAND NEW 2008 GTS Blue SRT-10C. As I turned the corner to the street, this is the sight I was greeted with:

This is the happy new owner:

Here I am getting accustomed to the new seating position, it's a tight fit, but I think it fits like a glove!

Here she is resting comfortably next to my big brother's M3 and my motorcycle...it's a tight fit in this garage, and my Lexus got booted outside :(

Out visiting one of my good friends (who let me borrow his Z06 for a week...not so lucky with the GT :rolaugh:) But it helped me seal my decision on the Viper vs. the Z06. The Z06 is a great car, but I love the attention and respect the Viper gets:

We went driving around Dallas later than night with his GT and my SRT and there were LOTS of jaws dropped. Driving impressions in the next post...

Jason

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck with you new 08 Viper. Looking good!

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the car has 252 miles on the ODO as of this evening, and I've already washed it twice. We have bad weather moving in tonight, so tomorrow it gets some paint sealant and Souveran wax, so it will look great!

This car is INCREDIBLE! As long as you respect the power, this is one snake that is easily charmed! I LOVE the sounds this car makes, and the torque is incredible. Of course it is still in the break-in period, so I haven't experienced all she has to offer. In all honesty, it's not as fast as my turbo bike (lol TT Vipers would be a nice comparison if I could find one to race me), but I decided to get out of the speed thing for a while. My new Viper will be more than enough for me!

The new car smell of the Viper is amazing. If they sold it as perfume, I'd cover myself head to toe in it :). The fit and finish of this car is MUCH better than some of the owners here had made it out to be, and I am very pleased with it. It's not as "nice" as my 06 GS430, but I like it. The paint quality is excellent, and Saleen did a good job, and they even finished out the hatch area real nicely (something some other cars lack).

I like the tight feel of the steering, and the only complaint I would have is the proximity of all the pedals with each other, but I'm getting used to it. These adjustable pedals are just what I need, as I'm a little on the short side. I haven't pushed the handling of the car at all at this point (and probably never will go past 6-7/10ths) but I will enjoy every second behind the wheel of this beast.

Honestly, I still can't believe I own this car!! Thanks for everyone who posted with comments and advice!

Jason

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, any Dallas area Viper owners that want to see or ride in a 08 Viper, PM me, as I'd be happy to meet with you, and if anyone wants a turbo GSX-R 1000, I can make you a good deal on one :)

Jason

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a good looking car; you also get a free membership with your purchase.

Yeah, I need to check on this. The dealer said that when I sign up for the SRT Track experience, that I will get my VCA membership. I'm not sure that he knew what he was talking about though :(

Jason

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jason. Great choice on the color as well. When I got mine last year, I went back and forth on the stripes/no stripes for 2 days. Can't go wrong either way. Have fun with it!

V

Venomiss

Yeah, I need to check on this. The dealer said that when I sign up for the SRT Track experience, that I will get my VCA membership. I'm not sure that he knew what he was talking about though :(

Jason

Call the 1-800-998-1110 and ask for Beth or Kim.
They can tell you what your dealer should be doing for you on the free 2008 membership-do this pronto because it takes a while.
While you are waiting you can PM one of the moderators CitySnake, Lee00blacksilverGTS, or kcobean with your information and VIN.(Only they can see it.) Update your profile with everything. They can upgrade you to Viper owner while you are waiting for your member number.
Beautiful new car and drive safely! Take lot's of pictures too!:2tu:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While u're learning the pedals, try some slimmer driving shoes
911.JPG

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats.......at first i thought this story was heading to "I should have listened to you guys about the power of this car" and show a wrecked 08......

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the shoes, but you need to black out the logo on them when you use them while driving your Viper......Congrats.......nice car!!!

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Jason. Great choice on the color as well. When I got mine last year, I went back and forth on the stripes/no stripes for 2 days. Can't go wrong either way. Have fun with it!

I think there are some stripes in Jason's future.....Congratulations and enjoy your beautiful new ride!:2tu:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason --

In a word: woohoooo! Congrats on a beautiful car. As others have posted, you had me worried when I saw the words "should have listened", "saddest" and that expression in your first photo. I was expecting to see a totaled 2008.

Have fun with that bad boy!

/Rich

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason --

In a word: woohoooo! Congrats on a beautiful car. As others have posted, you had me worried when I saw the words "should have listened", "saddest" and that expression in your first photo. I was expecting to see a totaled 2008.

Have fun with that bad boy!

/Rich

I was thinking the same thing. I thought..."oh s*** this is not going to be good". But thank God you were just playing Jason.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the shoes, but you need to black out the logo on them when you use them while driving your Viper......Congrats.......nice car!!!

Yea, wouldnt be so cool driving with ferrari logo's on your shoes. lol
The Adidas "Goodyear" shoes are slim and make nice driving shoes. Also, Piloti's are a very nice comfortable driving shoe and very slim. Makes fitting between the brake and gas pedal alot easier.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's Purdy - Congrats!:2tu:

I'm jealous not only of your '08, but the fact that you have good enough weather to enjoy it. Winter sux...:(

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not as "nice" as my 06 GS430, but I like it. The paint quality is excellent, and Saleen did a good job, and they even finished out the hatch area real nicely (something some other cars lack).

Honestly, I still can't believe I own this car!! Thanks for everyone who posted with comments and advice!

Jason

Hey do you also post on clublexus? I post over there...ALOT lol. Congrats on your new 08, its beautiful, you seem to be genuinely excited and satisfied, and I know that "I can't believe I own this" feeling.

God bless and enjoy!

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's nice comments. I know it's just another stock 08 car, but I just wanted to show my enthusiasm. I've been rubbing on her all night, and I've got 2 coats of wax left tomorrow and I'll be taking some photos for my new desktop at work.

I've been going back and forth for the past 3 months :D. I originally started talking about buying a 03-04 Viper just to say I owned a Viper (I've been in love with them since I was 10), then thought I should get the GTS blue convertible, then thought the 06 Coupe looked better, and somehow talked myself into the new 08. SmogDog's car and Walt's TT car really sold me on the blue with white stripes. I just have to find someone I can trust with the car.

I'll say it again, this is one of the most breath-taking blues I've seen, and my garage has 6 different shades of blue in it (my bike has 4 on it's own). I'm as giddy as I was when I got my brand new Dakota 5.9 R/T when I was 16 (Hence the Malu59RT). I wanted to sleep in it the first night I got it, and I actually think the fuel economy was worse with the 5.9 R/T, but that was back in the $1/gallon gas.

Beautiful new car and drive safely! Take lot's of pictures too!:2tu:

Venomiss, thanks for the info, and I will try to get the VCA stuff taken care of later this week.

Congrats.......at first i thought this story was heading to "I should have listened to you guys about the power of this car" and show a wrecked 08......

The car hasn't even hinted that it might get loose on me, but it was 70+ degrees when I was driving, so that may have helped the traction situation. I can't imagine how some of these new owners have to be driving during the break-in period to wreck.

Jason

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey do you also post on clublexus? I post over there...ALOT lol. Congrats on your new 08, its beautiful, you seem to be genuinely excited and satisfied, and I know that "I can't believe I own this" feeling.

God bless and enjoy!

Yep, in the 3GS forum, but I don't frequent that board as much as I do the bike and Viper forums. The GS was the first car I've owned that I didn't dump stupid amounts of money in modding, and I think I won't go nuts with the Viper. Otherwise it wouldn't stop until there was another TT Viper in Dallas. This car is truly a once in a lifetime purchase, as it has pushed my impending wedding back a few years (Indian semi-arranged marriages). After the wedding, I know there will be no toys :( so I'm enjoying every minute behind the wheel of this car.

:congrats: on a beautiful Viper now let the modding begin...

LOL, see above...

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason

Congrats on the beautiful car!!! I know the feeling, I still can't believe I own mine either (proud 2 month owner). Vipers have been my dream car since my teens. Be careful in it. I drove mine for 20 minutes while I was home and it scared the SH*T out of me...and made me smile from ear to ear at the same time:D

Take care

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, in the 3GS forum, but I don't frequent that board as much as I do the bike and Viper forums. The GS was the first car I've owned that I didn't dump stupid amounts of money in modding, and I think I won't go nuts with the Viper. Otherwise it wouldn't stop until there was another TT Viper in Dallas. This car is truly a once in a lifetime purchase, as it has pushed my impending wedding back a few years (Indian semi-arranged marriages). After the wedding, I know there will be no toys :( so I'm enjoying every minute behind the wheel of this car.

Cool, I used to had a couple GS's (1gen, 2gen), then I moved on to a 7series BMW. Sold the 7, got the speed itch, bought a Viper! lol
:drive:

Enjoy, and there is no such thing as "just another Viper"!! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, I used to had a couple GS's (1gen, 2gen), then I moved on to a 7series BMW. Sold the 7, got the speed itch, bought a Viper! lol
:drive:

Enjoy, and there is no such thing as "just another Viper"!! :2tu:

BMW's are nice driving cars, my brother has had his M3 for 2.5 years (I admit I've put close to half of the miles on it) and I'm very impressed with it, and the engine is very responsive with what feels like lots of torque for everyday driving. You using your Viper as a daily driver? I am driving it as much as I can and loving it! No issues with heat in the cabin or the side sills...in fact the A/C belows a little too cold sometimes. I have yet to run into another Viper owner since I've had my car, and see Kelly Martin in his TT Viper at a meet here and there.

Jason

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang