New 2011 Upgrades

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since I saw the special edition last Viper, and the scratches on my existing Calipers, I knew what I needed to do ....

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, of course the pic thing didn't work, I copied the url off Facebook, forget it, not worth my effort. But this is nuts, a 3 year old can post pics on Facebook in seconds, even me, but this site has always been a nightmare ..... someone please get this site up to speed..... it shouldn't be that hard.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, I think your pics are on facebook which aren't displaying here. Try uploading to your media gallery and linking them in here. If you need help, let me know. - Tony

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
okay, here we go again:

Attachments

• Gold Calipers Black Forgelines.jpg
    Gold Calipers Black Forgelines.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 79
  • 2011 Upgrade.jpg
    2011 Upgrade.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 2011 upgrade 2.jpg
    2011 upgrade 2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing, pics worked, "I'm somebody now" !

Anyway, every since I saw the last edition / special edition Viper, and the scratches on my boring black calipers, I knew what I needed to do. Ran across many roadblocks but got my calipers redone, and the wheels are my old track - forgelines that I had trued, tested, powder coated. I think it all came out good.

kyjellywhite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing, pics worked, "I'm somebody now" !

Anyway, every since I saw the last edition / special edition Viper, and the scratches on my boring black calipers, I knew what I needed to do. Ran across many roadblocks but got my calipers redone, and the wheels are my old track - forgelines that I had trued, tested, powder coated. I think it all came out good.

Looks good. What color is that on your calipers now?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, of course the pic thing didn't work, I copied the url off Facebook, forget it, not worth my effort. But this is nuts, a 3 year old can post pics on Facebook in seconds, even me, but this site has always been a nightmare ..... someone please get this site up to speed..... it shouldn't be that hard.

Facebook has changed the way they do their pictures. You can't just copy the FB URL and paste here like in the past. Its not a VCA thing, its a FB being stupid thing. I've tried several times to get FB photos on here and haven't found a way. I'll PM you if I crack the code of how to do it.

If you just want to upload and paste pics here, the easiest way is to use photobucket. The upload pics procedure here has always left a TON to be desired.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to suggest to lower the car, but no way. I need to be able to drive the thing around town if i want, and although it might look like I'm going off-roading with all that height, I need to keep it as is. It's a good comprimise.

As for the caliper color, they were stock black, but I liked the gold and re-did, especially after my fronts got scratched due to the wrong spacers being installed once I did the brake upgrade - I think - no other explaination. Anyway, I was told they are the gold supplied by Brembo, and the place I got them done was able to find someone to do the lettering. I'm real happy with it all.

It's hard to find someone who does a good powder coating job in the NY-CT area. I went back to a guy I used last year, he has come a long way, and we are even doing an event at his place this June. He makes his own custom wheels, and the machinery he has is really something to see. Should be a great event. Very accomodating company, reliable, stands behind the product, reasonable, and ON TIME ! He sticks to the time he quotes which I like.

I don't think I should post his name only cause he is not a sponsor of the VCA, and I don't want to hear any baloney from anyone, maybe soon. If anyone wants the info, give me a buzz

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easy on the tireshine man. Dark wheels are showcased better wrapped in a more natural looking rubber. Right now, its like your tires are trying to out-shine your wheels. Try using any of the low or non-glossy dressings, or just skip the dressing and keep em clean:2tu:

Now i understand the wheel dilemma from your previous thread. These look great, especially with the Gold calipers behind em. My initial instinct was, man i gotta do that. Then i remembered that ive got polished wheels and gold/silver clashes...:(

So what was the verdict on your trackwheels? or do we have to wait for the debut @ the next trackday?:)

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car looks great. Like the gold calipers.

Next mod = 3 piece trunk top. Those "toupee" hard tops just take away from the car--not just yours--all of them. IMO

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice feedback. Yeah, I did go a little crazy on the tire shine lololol, but it won't last. I plan to use the stock wheels for the track. I had each weighed and was told the difference was no more than about 4 pounds per wheel. I figure it comes more down to driver ability than anything else, nd I really don't go off track much, if at all. I'm putting some money together, looking at Bridgestones for the track, getting prices.

I started all this, figuring to get rid of my forgelines and do the black powder coating on the stock wheels and just stick with one tire for road - track, but thatnks to Steve Katz, causing me to rethink it all and spend more money, I decided to go with powdercoating the forgelines for street and keeping the stock as is, use them for track, and depend on my experience not to bend them all up at the track, lol.

It'll be good.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and about the top .... I guess i'm one of those thickheads who like the original look on the top. Besides, with the NX tanks in the trunk, there isn't much room for anything else.

Attachments

• Dual NX.jpg
    Dual NX.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 25

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, what type of brake upgrade did you do? Have you considered installing the rear anti-toe brackets from the late BBD/Partsrack? This is next on my to-do list. They're supposed to help keep the alignment straight under hard braking and stiffen the rear so it won't feel so squirrely. A pretty simple mod.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the BBDave SRT Front & Relocate Gen2Front to Rear ?

I started all this, figuring to get rid of my forgelines and do the black powder coating on the stock wheels and just stick with one tire for road - track,

Yea, im a fan of driving to to track. That adds to the fun of the whole event for me, i couldnt have enough patience to trailer my viper let alone the added cost of the whole setup. Another Big benefit for me is being able to apply the skills i develop on the track to the street and vic-a-versa. These new Pilot SuperSports coming out next year are looking to be a dream as the current claim is more grip and better tread life than a PS2.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks hot man............make sure you have some Motul or comprable fluid and steel braded lines. I cant wait to see you on the track with it in June :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome man, the color of the car and wheels looks fantastic! Makes me want to pick up an RT/10!

Andy Wheeler

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, r u kidding me? Of course, I've had SS brake lines for years and have been running Motul ever since. I CANT WAIT TILL NJMS !!!! I'll have a new set of tires, I'm going to tear up that track. We really need to spend some time in each other's cars. I need you to take a ride with me and give me some tips, and then I want you to drive my car so I can see what I'm not doing. I know who to learn from !

Tony, Hmmmm, not sure I know what you'r talking about. I did the Dave big brake upgrade, with a twist that saved me some money. I did toss my front stocks on the rear, but a friend gave me his old '03 fronts and I put those on the front with Dave's parts - brackets. Besides the rear gears, and the NX system, the brake upgrade was the best thing I ever did, oh and also next to the Penske suspension. I have to say I have the car set up pretty good. Keeping it reasonable street drivable, I can't see doing much more. I have a blast on the track, and let me tell you....take care of these Vipers and they are bullet proof !!

Thanks for all the comments