** NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM ** in Progress**

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPAIR PERFORMANCE introduces

NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM - in Progress

There is a definite void in the Viper Power adder market. Many people do not like the choices, The recent TVS Blower shows there is a desire for something new and the thread got me thinking:
Paxton – heat soak, limited scalability, belt slippage, parasitic losses,
Twin Turbo- no DIY solutions, requires car to be shipped for install, costs $20,000 +

There is a need for a power adder that gives the following:
Low to No parasitic loss –
Adequate cooling – no heat soak
700-800 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
Instant torque – like a roots/twin screw blower with 700-800 RWTQ by 2000 RPM
DIY Bolt on – can be installed in 12-16 hours – a weekend
Non invasive – install requires no major surgery
Drive-ability – Tune supplied – no problems – no issues – just drive…FAST
Upgradeable – a scaleable system that allows ones investment to be added to the original, instead of discarding the original when a more robust higher HP solution is wanted

But , lets face it, due to space limitations and other factors, a TVS or Whipple or AutoRotor solutions for the Gen 3 or Gen 4 viper is not going to happen.
None of the big or small companies can see an ROI on the capital investment required to make the kit viable with all the factors involved. Even a company that already makes these systems for Gen 1 and 2 Vipers and Viper trucks can’t see a way to get a kit that will work and fit out to the consumer.

So this brings us to the question – What do we do?

We do this,

Find the most resourceful and creative Turbo installer/system creator -

Paolo Castellano

And

Have him design a Twin Turbo system for the Gen 3 Viper and add in a new patented device that spools turbos to max boost light a twin screw does!

Paolo has built mega horsepower Gen 2 Viper systems 1400 – 1500 RWHP solutions, innovatively packaged, and he sees no limitations , only solutions, side mount, front mount, rear mount. Paolo knows how to get the job done.

Here are some pictures of just a few of his Turbo installs, literal works of art.

Next we need to take advantage of a few pieces of new technology:

A special patent pending device that makes any turbo spool up to boost twice as fast as normal to help create twin Screw TORQUE on TAP from a turbo system.

and

Oil-less, water cooled Triplex Ceramic ball bearing Billet Turbos from Comp Turbo

Oil-less1.jpg

Oil-less2.jpg

Historically, the use of engine oil to lubricate the floating sleeve and stationary thrust bearings in commercial turbochargers have rise to a number of operational problems. To prevent oil leakage into the compressor and turbine casings, piston ring seals are employed in commercial turbochargers. Since the piston ring seals are not positive contact seals, there is a small leak path around the piston rings and, during certain operating conditions of the engine, i.e. low idle or a vacuum in the air intake system, some oil leakage can occur. Any ail leakage into the turbocharger casings can result in the undesirable emissions in the engine exhaust.
In cold weather, there can be a significant lag in the flow of oil to the turbocharger bearings when the engine is initially started. If the lag is long, the sleeve bearings can fail on startup.
Another problem can occur when an engine is shut down quickly after being operated at high speed and load where the exhaust gas temperature is maximized. Heat transferred into the turbocharger casings can cause residual lube oil in the bearing system to carbonize. This carbonization can build up and eventually cause failure of the bearings.
Notwithstanding the fact that years of development has mitigated the above named problems, there remained a motivation to remove the use of engine oil to lubricate the bearing systems in small turbochargers. Comp Turbo Technology has responded to this challenge by developing what is believed to be the first commercial turbocharger that does not require a lubricating oil supply from the engine. Lube oil supply and drain lines are no longer necessary and the turbocharger can be mounted in a variety of positions that were not possible when lube oil had to be gravity drained back to the engine crank case.
The Comp Turbo Technology oil-less turbocharger, employs the well proven TRIPLEX CERAMIC ball bearing system, wherein the ball bearings are lubricated by high temperature grease. In the oil-less bearing system, the elongated steel cylinder is provided with axially spaces “O” rings in its outside diameter that engage the bore in the bearing housing. Cooling water is supplied from the engine to a water jacket in the bearing housing and to the space between the “O” rings. This cools the “O” rings and the bearing carrier, carrying away the heat generated in the bearings. Since the bearing system is easily removed as an assembly from the bearing housing, the bearings can be re-greased at appropriate intervals to extend their service life indefinitely.

This now brings me back to – What we need…

Low to No parasitic loss – a Twin Turbo system is the only way to go, parasitic losses on Super chargers are on average 1/3 the power they create, so for a blower to give you 200 RWHP it actually makes 300 HP, but takes 100 HP to drive the blower, why give away that 100 Horsepower ! ? A 700 horsepower Paxton car is actually a *** Hp Twin Turbo car 700-440 =260 /2 x 3 = 390 +440 = 830 Twin Turbo capable

Adequate cooling, no heat soak – a 1000 HP capable air to water Intercooler 3 times the size of a Paxton unit eliminating the heat soak issues
700-800 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER – see Dyno graph – this graph is the last run after tuning for 4 hours straight on a MUSTANG DYNO!

Instant torque – like a roots/twin screw blower with 700-800 RWTQ by 2000 RPM – patented device that spools the turbos sooner and faster than any other system

DIY Bolt on – can be installed in 12-16 hours – a weekend – Solved!

Non invasive – install requires no major surgery – Solved!

Drive ability – Tune supplied – no problems – see dyno graph – tune test bed turbo car has 15,000 miles on it in the Florida heat with a tune that is running on and proven safe for the cast stock pistons and rods in a Gen 3.

Upgradeable – a scaleable system that allows ones investment to be added to instead of discarded when a more robust higher HP solution is wanted – This system in its base form is an 800 RWHP solution , simple add ons can easily drive a motor to 1200 – 1400 RWHP with fuel system and engine build to support the system.

THIS SYSTEM IS BEING MADE RIGHT NOW!

IT WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THE FIRST SELECT FEW AT AN INTRODUCTORY PRICE FOR GEN 3 OWNERS of just under $10,000.00

IT WILL BE A COMPLETE SOLUTION.

GEN 4 SOLUTIONS are in the WORKS with Pectel engine management and Tuning by LAMBO and Exotic Turbo expert tuner John Reed –

PM for details

GEN1 and Gen 2 solutions will be offered as well, no Viper owner will be ignored or left out

Last edited:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
700ft/lbs at 2000rpm on a turbo set up is astonishing. I will be very interested to see what such a DIY set up for the SRT will look like.

I love the gen 2 twin side IC mount setup - by far the most practical solution I have seen to provide efficient inter cooling without any penalty to engine cooling.

Price sounds too cheap though and I'd spend half of the 16 hours reading the instructions, planning and getting organized lol - so I think that time frame would be a little optimistic for a novice like me, but then a genuine DIY is a labor of love anyway so all good. The trick will be to make it as painless as possible and with pleasant surprises re fit and finish rather than a sequence of unanticipated "oh crap" moments.

Good luck with this - sounds great!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
700ft/lbs at 2000rpm on a turbo set up is astonishing. I will be very interested to see what such a DIY set up for the SRT will look like.

I love the gen 2 twin side IC mount setup - by far the most practical solution I have seen to provide efficient inter cooling without any penalty to engine cooling.

Price sounds too cheap though and I'd spend half of the 16 hours reading the instructions, planning and getting organized lol - so I think that time frame would be a little optimistic for a novice like me, but then a genuine DIY is a labor of love anyway so all good. The trick will be to make it as painless as possible and with pleasant surprises re fit and finish rather than a sequence of unanticipated "oh crap" moments.

Good luck with this - sounds great!

Barry, The setup will have a basic layout as the following:

The turbochargers, wastegates, 1000HP liquid to air intercooler and water tank, air filters will all be behind the differential... Nothing to clutter up the engine compartment to
block airflow through the radiator to give rise to coolant temperatures that would be any different than stock in terms of cruising, sitting in traffic with the AC blasting. Nothing either to add to the amount of radiant heat under the hood or under the driver's feet like 99% of the high end tuners' foot well systems running around out there...

I know you like the twin side mounted intercooler setup I have put on many a gen 2 Viper that allows for absolutely the same as stock cooling system properties.... But for the average person, it is too complicated to install....

So I came up with an alternative that I believe can be possibly even better than the side mount intercooler setups you like..

From the turbos to the intercooler on this SRT TT, there will be very short piping, most likely 1 foot or less with large radius bends for maximum flow and a minimum pressure drop..... Combine this with a 5or 7 gallon ice water reservoir with in tank pump and a straight shot from the intercooler outlet to the throttle body inlet, I would say there is not much difference in length between the charge air piping to the intercooler and then to the throttle body as compared to the footwell systems when you consider time to full pressurization of this piping after the BOV's open..... Remember we are using a massive 1000 HP Liquid to air intercooler especially when you compare it to the Paxton intercooler setup.

Can anybody help me out here and tell me what DLM charges to upgrade the Intercooler setup that comes with the Paxton? I am just curious what that adds to the overall Paxton build cost....

The hot piping will be simple and have a minimum of bends to maximize exhaust gas velocity and flow. We will offer to utilize the factory cats and as much of the factory exhaust to have a chance at getting a carb number and such...

The base kit will not have my patented diverter pipe technology, but depending on the torque curve desired by the customer, we will supply an exhaust housing of proper sizing to achieve intended result.

This system will allow for the utilization of my patented diverter pipe technology that effectively doubles the pressure at the inlet of the turbocharger's exhaust inlet to spool the turbochargers very quickly... Just imagine putting your finger over the tip of the garden hose to blast the mud off the inside of the wheel wells of the car.... That is what the diverter pipe does to your turbo spool!

Different from most other turbo kits out there, ours will offer the ability to swap out an exhaust housing very quickly and efficiently. So if someone wanted to go road racing and have quicker spool than what they drive daily, they could swap on a smaller set of exhaust housings in 15 min or less!

This kit will allow for the utilization of some fairly large air filters that are not so easy to fit/use on most of the footwell systems out there....

Barry, as you can see, this kit will make for a simple and clean installation!:headbang:

With the diverter pipe technology, we will be the only ones able make a larger turbocharger spool like a smaller one! More power on less boost, as you know, less back pressure = less stress on the engine!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is a rear-mount system, will it still use the factory exhaust exits on the sides of the Viper?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since this is a rear-mount system, will it still use the factory exhaust exits on the sides of the Viper?

Nine Ball, just how important is that aspect of the system to you and others?

The reason I ask is because on my side mount gen 2 kit, I was going to run the intercooler piping in a certain way that had less bends that, in my opinion would be the most efficient. My first customer insisted he wanted the piping to look like Heffner's and the other tuners piping going into the throttle bodies. I did that for him and everyone except for 2 all got the heffner style piping...

There are certain physical constraints with the fitment of any system to any car. So, with this being said, The way that is the most simple and efficient, would most likely run the exhaust out the back of the car with the wastegate possibly out of the side exhaust outlets. This layout will have the lowest amount surface area to emit radiant heat and have the shortest path for the exhaust gases entering and exiting the turbos. From the economies of scale of cost and complexity to build and fitment on a hand built vehicle standpoint this is also the best choice.

The reason I loved my side exhaust is because I could hear the car screaming into my ears!

The setup I am describing will sound absolutely incredible as the car will sound like a jet engine even at idle.... Some people like the whoosh of the BOV's when the throttle plates close, but the short exhaust sounds much better in my opinion...

Steve and myself would love for everybody who might be buying this system or considering buying this system for their gen 3 or 4 to participate in the the aesthetics/layout of what they want just like Dodge has done over the years showing Viper Club owners different versions of the SRT Coupe rear end, and now the new Gen 5/etc..

So, Nine Ball, I think the best way to get a representative sample of Viper owners' wishes, would be for you to post a poll in the gen 3 and 4 sections that will not get moved here where the majority of people might miss the opportunity to partake in the input towards the final layout of this system.

What do you think?

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kit will be one of my top options for a power adder, assuming I decide I want boost. Also assuming its a quality kit, of course. I prefer the side exit exhaust, but if its necessary to route it out the rear of the car, then that's fine. I think the biggest challenge there would be making an exhaust that doesn't look out of place in the gen3/gen4 rear.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Crap! Talk about a blast from the past! Paolo, wanna use my gen 4 as mule :D

No kidding! I am sure We could give you a special deal if you are the first!

We must use a plug and play Pectel engine management system and have John Reed do all the tuning! Please give me a shout @ 832-267-7865 and we'll catch up! Great to hear from you!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kit will be one of my top options for a power adder, assuming I decide I want boost. Also assuming its a quality kit, of course. I prefer the side exit exhaust, but if its necessary to route it out the rear of the car, then that's fine. I think the biggest challenge there would be making an exhaust that doesn't look out of place in the gen3/gen4 rear.

Slayer, I was just discussing several different options with Steve about how routing the exhaust out the side sills could be done..... I think I have a solution, but it will cost more than the standard 10k target price kit....

When I get out there, we will post up pics of the look of both options!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you keep the side exhaust exits functional with the wastegate exits (shaped like an exhaust tip) that would be suitable. Rear exhaust for the turbo is indeed better for performance, but I don't think anyone would just want two holes in the sides of the cars not being used for something. Might even be sweet if you locate the BOV's in those side holes, haha.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if you keep the side exhaust exits functional with the wastegate exits (shaped like an exhaust tip) that would be suitable. Rear exhaust for the turbo is indeed better for performance, but I don't think anyone would just want two holes in the sides of the cars not being used for something. Might even be sweet if you locate the BOV's in those side holes, haha.

Tony, definitely planning to utilize the side exhaust outlets for wastegate exhaust exit.....

BOV's out of the side exhaust could be done, but that's extra;)....

You know, I was joking, but I just went to Tial's website and looked at the recirculating BOV's and we could DEFINITELY do that!

Great idea! Everybody sure likes the sound of the BOV's.... Instead of having their sound muted under the hood, you could have them right by your ears!

Last edited:

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having the wastegate in the side exits would be a neat idea. Honestly, a rear exit that you don't see (like turn downs or something) would be ok with me if you can't figure out a good looking rear exit.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the eta on the kits? Shipping to Hawaii?

We will be shipping these starting in about 5-6 weeks (give or take a couple, depending on ramp up at Comp turbo etc.), orders will be addressed in a FIFO order and we can easily ship to HI or anywhere else for that matter, just shipped stuff to UAE yesterday , Sweden today.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having the wastegate in the side exits would be a neat idea. Honestly, a rear exit that you don't see (like turn downs or something) would be ok with me if you can't figure out a good looking rear exit.

We are putting a lot of effort into the aesthetics of this kit, we want for you to be able to remove your rear bumper and have jaws drop, not that that will be practical , but we have seen how it nice it looks on Lambos etc and we want these to be truly works of art and function,

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. This sounds really good. The DIY, non-invasive apect, and price are exactly what Id have asked for. A CARB number would make it perfect so I dont have to take it off every two years. You're even halfway nearby as Im in Bay Point, CA. I better start working some OT and saving some cash. I hope this works out. It could be the answer for a lot of us with gen III's.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I looked at a 2003 convertible today and I think it is definitely possible to run the exhaust up to the factory side exhaust outlets....

More work but possible! That engine compartment has more room between the serpentine belt and the top trailing edge of the radiator, but everywhere else is a nightmare to try to run piping. I am glad we are doing it the way we are!

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would hate to lose my side exhaust, but a BOV sticking out of the side exhaust ports would be pretty damn cool.

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a Gen3 and I look to be about 45 minutes away from you Paolo... Let me know if you need any more looks. I'm interested to see how this unfolds.

-mb

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang Steve you are amazing for the Viper community keep up the new innovations buddy. Now you just need to build those 19/20 5 & 6 spoke wheels! And I will still buy the first set.
I was getting ready to spend close to $5k on all the bolt ons for my 08 this winter but maybe I should just wait and see how this turns out. How soon will you be able to have a Gen 4 kit available and what kind of SAFE power will I expect from my stock internals? And of course whats the target price for the Gen 4's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper