** NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM ** in Progress**

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only problem is the gen 4 requires a 10k pectel computer to make it work! Damn stupid computer :censored:

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Only problem is the gen 4 requires a 10k pectel computer to make it work! Damn stupid computer :censored:

I hate to be raining on parades, but, how much...? 10K would *just* get you the proper computer... then add on the sensors, harness, extras, and tuning. Easily can reach 20K for a full-on upgrade w/display.

There is a LOT more that goes into a Gen-4 than *anyone* in this thread is taking into account.

Hell, even a TT kit and a Pectel wont get you there. The engine would almost instantly be over the limits of what its internals and hardware can handle... you can ALMOST get to that level N/A these days on the G4. There are dozens of items that need to be upgraded, and 99% of them are specific to Gen-4... so basically double the average top-end Gen-1/2/3 engine build for the 1-off parts you will need.

Plain and simple: G4 Guys, Dont hold your breath. There is NOT going to be a "bolt on and go" Gen-4 kit. Building a Gen-4 is beyond the capabilities of most Tuners, let alone the average end-user. The cost-benefit argument just falls on its face. You may be able to make a "bolt on" TT kit or perhaps even a cheaper PNP G4 wasted-spark Pectel SQ6 based system- but that WILL NOT solve your engine issues, and there is no way to make those "bolt on". The G4 is WEAKER than G1/2/3 and a WORSE platform for boost than G1/2/3 in its stock form. Take it from the guy who has the only true ground-up TT G4 engine platform, and the only G4 Pectel SQ6M12 experience.

By design, Gen-4 is a "Go Huge or Go Home" type design. There are fundamental weak links and hurdles to overcome that must be solved as a group, or the rest of the investment goes to waste.

Last edited:

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why wont the standard pectel sq6 do the job? It can drive drive by wire by itself and has 2 of them I beleive. Think a complete plug and play would be about 8700 bucks for everything needed.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why wont the standard pectel sq6 do the job? It can drive drive by wire by itself and has 2 of them I beleive. Think a complete plug and play would be about 8700 bucks for everything needed.

Seb, you are correct, the Pectel sq6 PNP from John Reed is about that price! We will offer this as well as the SCT tuning option. We have a really nice resource of an SCT tune that has been tuned on a Mustang Dyno for every load cell on a stock SRT motor and has 15,000+ miles in the Florida heat at the 800 RWHP level with zero problems so far...

Seb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Dan has done his so he would know what it takes on a Gen 4. Maybe so more stuff is needed but I thought the DBW could be done by the sq6 unless there is more to it. Hey you can always put a motec on it.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The standard SQ6 cannot sequentially fire 10 coil packs. The Gen-1/2/3 are wasted spark by design, and can be run by the SQ6 without a hitch. The Gen-4 is sequential spark, and the proper controller to run it is the SQ6M12. Along with a host of other standard upgrades included over the base-model SQ6, one would generally prefer to retain a Sequential design over a Wasted Spark design. Can it be run wasted spark? Absolutely. Would I do it that way? No. If you have the advantages of a better spark system already in place, you would be better off using it. Making it wasted spark puts extra stress on the ignition drivers, and will slow down the charging rates. There is a difference between running a "wasted spark coil" and running parallel dual-coils as wasted spark. Wasted spark coils like G1/2/3 dont put the stress on the drivers, but have one spark cooler than the other, and still have charge time drawbacks as RPM increases. The second iteration it the reverse issue.

Also, even if using an SQ6, you would need ALL of the upgrades [short of logging], all of the sensors, etc. However, start adding on all of the extra sensors to fully use the system, and you will still hit almost 10K in hardware, even before the harness and tuning, and no display system. [assuming of course you use the "right" parts, and not other "will work" parts]

I guess what I am saying is that sure, you can ABSOLUTELY half-ass this setup together for less money- its not impossible. You can run no EGT's. You can run an off the shelf 2 or 3 BAR map. You can run Bosche WB's instead of NTK. You can run wasted spark instead of sequential. You can run a one-size-fits-all-non-shielded-harness instead of a true shielded rebuild. You can run double-nut angle-bracket wheel speed sensors instead of billet brackets. But, why in the hell would you spend a small fortune on a controller, and then skimp on options, sensors, etc? Its just going to come back and bite you in the ass later. To do it RIGHT, is about 12K Vs 9K in basic hardware [14K vs 11K w/Display] with the difference being an SQ6M12 vs. a fully optioned SQ6.

What is 3K in a 50K+ project in the name of function and reliability?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The standard SQ6 cannot sequentially fire 10 coil packs. The Gen-1/2/3 are wasted spark by design, and can be run by the SQ6 without a hitch. The Gen-4 is sequential spark, and the proper controller to run it is the SQ6M12. Along with a host of other standard upgrades included over the base-model SQ6, one would generally prefer to retain a Sequential design over a Wasted Spark design. Can it be run wasted spark? Absolutely. Would I do it that way? No. If you have the advantages of a better spark system already in place, you would be better off using it. Making it wasted spark puts extra stress on the ignition drivers, and will slow down the charging rates. There is a difference between running a "wasted spark coil" and running parallel dual-coils as wasted spark.

Also, even if using an SQ6, you would need ALL of the upgrades [short of logging], all of the sensors, etc. However, start adding on all of the extra sensors to fully use the system, and you will still hit almost 10K in hardware, even before the harness and tuning, and no display system. [assuming of course you use the "right" parts, and not other "will work" parts]

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the input, we will have a few more questions for John Reed as we get closer to G4 solutions. I know that sometimes the best person to ask is someone who has done the job already and from what I can tell John does do all the tuning for all the major Tuners around the country, whether it be Vipers, Lambos, Audis, etc. and from what he has said so far, the same $10K is what he said was the hardware cost for what he needed. So maybe you guys are on the same page already on this issue. Nice thing is, is that it isn't $20K like we have had people say it would cost for the hardware alone.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the input, we will have a few more questions for John Reed as we get closer to G4 solutions. I know that sometimes the best person to ask is someone who has done the job already and from what I can tell John does do all the tuning for all the major Tuners around the country, whether it be Vipers, Lambos, Audis, etc. and from what he has said so far, the same $10K is what he said was the hardware cost for what he needed. So maybe you guys are on the same page already on this issue. Nice thing is, is that it isn't $20K like we have had people say it would cost for the hardware alone.

There is not as much of a stretch from 10K to 20K when you factor in adding displays, other sensors the customer may want, tuning, and a true installation- not a PNP setup.

As I have said time and time again: There is a difference between "Right" and "Works". Your last line "shot" at me has about as much meaning as a ZO6 corvette owner being upset that the ZR1 exists. There are more expensive and better options- just because you don't want to pay for them, doesn't mean that they aren't still BETTER.

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to be raining on parades, but, how much...? 10K would *just* get you the proper computer... then add on the sensors, harness, extras, and tuning. Easily can reach 20K for a full-on upgrade w/display.

There is a LOT more that goes into a Gen-4 than *anyone* in this thread is taking into account.

Hell, even a TT kit and a Pectel wont get you there. The engine would almost instantly be over the limits of what its internals and hardware can handle... you can ALMOST get to that level N/A these days on the G4. There are dozens of items that need to be upgraded, and 99% of them are specific to Gen-4... so basically double the average top-end Gen-1/2/3 engine build for the 1-off parts you will need.

Plain and simple: G4 Guys, Dont hold your breath. There is NOT going to be a "bolt on and go" Gen-4 kit. Building a Gen-4 is beyond the capabilities of most Tuners, let alone the average end-user. The cost-benefit argument just falls on its face. You may be able to make a "bolt on" TT kit or perhaps even a cheaper PNP G4 wasted-spark Pectel SQ6 based system- but that WILL NOT solve your engine issues, and there is no way to make those "bolt on". The G4 is WEAKER than G1/2/3 and a WORSE platform for boost than G1/2/3 in its stock form. Take it from the guy who has the only true ground-up TT G4 engine platform, and the only G4 Pectel SQ6M12 experience.

By design, Gen-4 is a "Go Huge or Go Home" type design. There are fundamental weak links and hurdles to overcome that must be solved as a group, or the rest of the investment goes to waste.

Dan, John Reed says told me that the Pectel sq6 will do a wasted spark setup that will work just fine like all the other wasted spark AEM twin turbo Vipers out there over the years.

As far as the engine is concerned, I just spoke to Todd @ Arrow Racing Engines. For anyone not familiar with Arrow Racing Engines, they are the ones who perform all the warranty repairs of Viper motors for Dodge. Todd said he could do a bottom end short block build with rods, pistons and main caps, rings and bearings for 9-10K. He said the drag packs with the Viper motor and 12:1 compression are running 8-900 Hp no problem with the stock main cap hardware. He said the program main caps will work just fine on the gen 4 block. He said he could do the whole job in 3-4 weeks with the proper heads up as he needs to order a set of 9.0:1 lower compression pistons. All that would need to be added to the heads would be a set of SS intake and inconel exhaust valves and a spring package and the engine would be good to at least 1200 RWHP.

Steve is also getting a quote from Kevin Singleton @ Exotic Engine Development who has built many killer motors for the vipers over the years...

I also just got off the phone with Greg Good and he would also be interested in building a Gen 4 motor.... Greg has built some killer motors for people including myself for a customer car... I have a lot of faith and respect for Greg's engine building abilities....

So in simple terms, this could be done on a Gen 4 with a Turbo system for 10K, Pectel sq6 for 10K, Bottom end engine build for 10K + ~$1.3K for stainless steel intake and inconel exhaust valves and a spring package, Some engine in and out labor for about 2K max, John Reed's tuning services, say about 2K..... = about 35K + installation......

Not bad, a far cry from the 20K you would to charge people just for the Pectel alone!

The layout of this system is much more conducive from a spooling, efficiency, air filters, driveability, coolant temperatures standpoint as compared to either a footwell or front mount setup on a gen 3 or Gen 4 that will greatly benefit the general Viper owners' experience of driving a twin turbo Viper!

So, please just let Steve and myself build this without any help from competitors in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Viper market like yourself...

Instead of creating any drama on this thread, please just give me a call to discuss... I think we have the bases covered. Thank you.

P.S. In case you lost my number, it is: 832-267-7865

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not bad, a far cry from the 20K you would to charge people just for the Pectel alone!

Believe me, the Pectel system for 20K is not in the same country, let alone league or ballpark as the system you are looking at using. Its worth the cost difference to those who wont settle for less.

So, please just let Steve and myself build this without any help from competitors in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Viper market like yourself...

That's funny, considering the number of times you have called me with "questions" about these topics. No problem "taking help", but plenty of problem being "given help" when it doesn't jive with your grand scheme. This just makes me that much happier that I started to cut you off and threw big dollar signs out so you would stop "fishing" for information :)

Regardless, more power to you and your new endeavor, I guess you will have to find out the hard way. I already spot some MAJOR holes and hurdles for you, so good luck, and be careful who you trust. Now, I could go six-ways-from-Sunday on this one on the topic of TT kits, but I am going to leave this alone. I am done, no reason to drag this out, it doesn't benefit anyone. I suggest you do the same.

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance .... but, what is a BOV? Are you guys talking about belching flames out the sides?

A BOV is a blow off valve is a device that opens when the throttle plates close because the turbochargers might be spinning at, say 20,000-70,000 RPM at 6000 engine RPM, When the throttle plate closes there is no way to stop the air that is coming out of the turbochargers(remember, whose shaft speed is 20,000-70,000 RPM....)

So the BOV releases the excess air that has nowhere to go when the throttle plates close. Without a BOV the air would either try to push through the throttle plates and blow them in to the intake, or make the air go back out the cold side inlet which would abruptly decelerate the shaft possibly causing damage to the shaft and/or bearing center section. They make anti-surge covers that have a special ring machined out for the air to go out the inlet without as much disruption to the spinning shaft.

The BOV is not to be confused with the wastegate....The wastegate is to divert the (hot side) exhaust gases Before they get to the the turbine housing inlet to maintain a certain shaft speed, ie boost level.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, It is not a problem of 'taking' help or being 'given' help....

You called me with questions about how to install a gen 2 turbo system of mine and were telling me how you were working on a gen 4 and I remembered you telling me about the 20K worth of parts alone Pectel setup you were running. I then saw a thread where John Reed was talking about how he could do it for 10K... I was confused thinking maybe I had incorrectly remembered 20K instead of 10K. So I called John Reed and it took a few days for him to get back to me. In the meantime, I called you back to confirm the price and you told me it could not be done with the Pectel sq6 and that you indeed said 20K of parts just like you listed in your original response. I am sure you are not artificially inflating the price for the good people on this site to get them to not ask you questions, right?

Now I understand you got into it with Greg Good a while back when he asked you why you were charging $1,000.00 for the same camshaft he was selling for $500.00 and so on.... That is great that you have such a nice following in your area of people who can pay that much of a markup for "Nothing less than Perfection...." , but the point you are missing here is that most of the Gen 4 guys here like Moundir could care a less as long as the 10K John Reed Pectel setup that could do everything and then some to properly manage ignition timing, fuel, boost, traction control and many other features that are beyond the scope of comprehension of 99.99999999% of Viper owners.

Let me put it to you this way: If there was some kind of piggyback system like a VEC 5 or something that would retain all the stock driveability, drive by wire/etc... that was $1,000.00 that would plug right in, that 99.999999999% of gen 4 guys would buy it in a heartbeat because it gets the job done...

You also intimated to me that you were basically the only one who could build a Gen 4 motor just like you implied in your initial post.

The thing that you might be missing here is that People like Greg Good, Arrow Racing Engines and Exotic Engine Development are AT LEAST as capable as yourself to to a Gen 4 short block.

You see, Steve and myself only need to be capable enough to pull the motor out and put it back in.... We let the Greg Goods. Exotic Engine Developments, Arrow Racing Engines and John Reeds of the world do their respective specialty. We will be able to do it and make a moderate profit instead of charging some poor Gen 4 guy with more money than brains for something he does not need..

If he wants all that Extra stuff you are saying doubles the price, just remember that John Reed also does a FULL MoTeC setup for the Gen 4 for about 15K. Is the big spender going to rather say he has Pectel or MoTeC? I am sure the full blown Pectel is no slouch, but MoTeC is more of a household name and has easier to use programming. Also remember, John Reed can ALSO do the full Blown Pectel sqM12 setup like you. Who would people rather buy from? Someone like John Reed who tunes 250 MPH Lamborghinis that do not blow up at the mile race or you? I know who I would rather buy it from personalities aside....

I know you talk about all the cars you have done, but I have never seen anybody here or on any other Viper forum anywhere say one thing either way that you are a genius or a novice or anything in between.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welp... so much for taking my advice and leaving this one ALONE.

You called me with questions about how to install a gen 2 turbo system of mine and were telling me how you were working on a gen 4 and I remembered you telling me about the 20K worth of parts alone Pectel setup you were running. I then saw a thread where John Reed was talking about how he could do it for 10K... I was confused thinking maybe I had incorrectly remembered 20K instead of 10K. So I called John Reed and it took a few days for him to get back to me. In the meantime, I called you back to confirm the price and you told me it could not be done with the Pectel sq6 and that you indeed said 20K of parts just like you listed in your original response. I am sure you are not artificially inflating the price for the good people on this site to get them to not ask you questions, right?

First of all, I called you about the MISSING PARTS in your TT kit. Or the ITEMS WHICH DONT FIT. Or, the ITEMS THAT LEAK. Or, the ITEMS THAT WERE ENGINEERED WRONG. I am sorry, but when I build something, and it is all wrong or poorly engineered like your kit was, I am certainly going to call you to figure out if you are indeed as big of a hacker as I thought, and that I am not installing something wrong. I don't own a stupid hat, sorry to say, so incorrectly designed things stand out to me.

Believe me when I say, buying your kit rather than building my own to try and save time was the biggest mistake I made that year.

[And I never said it COULD NOT be done with an SQ6, I just never told you it COULD. When someone calls and asks you how to do something, do you tell them the right way, or the wrong way? ..............wait, bad example.]

Now I understand you got into it with Greg Good a while back when he asked you why you were charging $1,000.00 for the same camshaft he was selling for $500.00 and so on.... That is great that you have such a nice following in your area of people who can pay that much of a markup for "Nothing less than Perfection...." , but the point you are missing here is that most of the Gen 4 guys here like Moundir could care a less as long as the 10K John Reed Pectel setup that could do everything and then some to properly manage ignition timing, fuel, boost, traction control and many other features that are beyond the scope of comprehension of 99.99999999% of Viper owners.

Uh, I think I recall the post you are talking about, and no, it wasn't about part prices Vs. part prices for the same things. I dont sell the SAME parts as Greg Good, so a price comparison isn't even possible. Way to put words into everyone's mouths there guy. It was a similar argument as this one: The right way usually COSTS MORE. There are always cheaper solutions to problems, whether or not they are "as correct" as another.

Let me put it to you this way: If there was some kind of piggyback system like a VEC 5 or something that would retain all the stock driveability, drive by wire/etc... that was $1,000.00 that would plug right in, that 99.999999999% of gen 4 guys would buy it in a heartbeat because it gets the job done...

Well obviously, I cant deny that. However, a system like that, while not being a "complete" implementation like a stand-alone, would at least be a CORRECT implementation, as the hardware is still based on the OEM computer. [assuming it existed, of course]

You also intimated to me that you were basically the only one who could build a Gen 4 motor just like you implied in your initial post.

I intimidated you? LOL. Right. Well, I am sorry to tell you, but I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BUILD THE ENGINE I REFERRED TO. Know why? BECAUSE I MAKE THE PARTS FOR IT, and don't sell them to anyone else. You think you are going to get exactly what I build from one of the guys you referenced? That would be a fancy trick, I don't remember selling them my parts, nor sending them any build sheets or specs. Its not a matter of my parts vs. their parts like Rods/Pistons either. Some of the parts in my G4 engines are completely new to the viper market as a whole. End of story. Can they build a version similar? sure, obviously there are different ways to skin a cat. However, seeing as the components I am referring to are quite damn important for longevity and strength, the final product, isn't going to be the same.

The thing that you might be missing here is that People like Greg Good, Arrow Racing Engines and Exotic Engine Development are AT LEAST as capable as yourself to to a Gen 4 short block.

I never said they weren't capable. However, the "dollars" you are talking about throwing around sure as hell isn't going to get the level of development I have put into the G4 engine platform. Not even close. They have to make a business case out of it- I didn't. I did it on my own dime, and never waited for a customer to foot the bill for R&D. I highly doubt they will do the same. If they do, that's fantastic.

You see, Steve and myself only need to be capable enough to pull the motor out and put it back in.... We let the Greg Goods. Exotic Engine Developments, Arrow Racing Engines and John Reeds of the world do their respective specialty. We will be able to do it and make a moderate profit instead of charging some poor Gen 4 guy with more money than brains for something he does not need..

I wish you only the best. I have nothing against what you are trying to do, believe it or not.

If he wants all that Extra stuff you are saying doubles the price, just remember that John Reed also does a FULL MoTeC setup for the Gen 4 for about 15K. Is the big spender going to rather say he has Pectel or MoTeC? I am sure the full blown Pectel is no slouch, but MoTeC is more of a household name and has easier to use programming. Also remember, John Reed can ALSO do the full Blown Pectel sqM12 setup like you. Who would people rather buy from? Someone like John Reed who tunes 250 MPH Lamborghinis that do not blow up at the mile race or you? I know who I would rather buy it from personalities aside....

Motec controllers are excellent systems too, no doubt. However, Pectel Vs. Motec is a bit like Black Vs. Red. Same capabilities, different packaging. You are free to buy it from whoever you wish, obviously. Hell, I shrugged you off- I didn't want to be involved with what you are doing. Obviously, you are going to be buying from JR if it happens.

I know you talk about all the cars you have done, but I have never seen anybody here or on any other Viper forum anywhere say one thing either way that you are a genius or a novice or anything in between.

Well, seeing as my cars are all over the internet in various places, and I have customers all over the world, I guess that just means that I don't feel the need to toot my own horn all the time or have customers do the same for me, or advertise non-stop. My customers know who who I am, and I know who they are. That's more than enough for me.

I could also make the argument... guess which one of us no one has heard anything BAD about?

Now, lets try this again. Leave it alone, its a dead issue. While I have no problem blowing up this thread with drama, for the sake of drama, I have better things to do. God knows its been a long time since there was any action around here after all!

Last edited:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welp... so much for taking my advice and leaving this one ALONE.

I intimidated you? LOL. Right. Well, I am sorry to tell you, but I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BUILD THE ENGINE I REFERRED TO. Know why? BECAUSE I MAKE THE PARTS FOR IT, and don't sell them to anyone else. You think you are going to get exactly what I build from one of the guys you referenced? That would be a fancy trick, I don't remember selling them my parts, nor sending them any build sheets or specs. Its not a matter of my parts vs. their parts like Rods/Pistons either. Some of the parts in my G4 engines are completely new to the viper market as a whole. End of story. Can they build a version similar? sure, obviously there are different ways to skin a cat. However, seeing as the components I am referring to are quite damn important for longevity and strength, the final product, isn't going to be the same.

Dan it's funny how that system fit just fine on every car on which it was installed... worked without a problem on some cars with for over 15,000 miles... Just when you can't figure out how to put it on, it "does'nt fit"... LOL!

Paolo Castellano [URL="http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?p=3002623#post3002623" said:
viewpost-right.png
[/URL]]
Dan, the word I used was intimated.... I used it as a verb.

Here: tr.v. in·ti·mat·ed, in·ti·mat·ing, in·ti·mates1. To make known subtly and indirectly; hint.
2. To announce; proclaim.

You are a mechanical engineer, not an English, literature or journalist major....

So to use plain English, I was saying that you suggested nobody else could do what you do... Which is what you're doing above tooting your own horn, I might add.

Do you have your Gen 4 TT running? Have you ever considered that maybe a simple rods, pistons and main caps build is all that is necessary to test how one of these motors responds to boost?

Dan the continuance in your efforts to undermine Steve's post is very unprofessional and unwanted especially since he is a vendor here and you are not.

I simply clarified a few things that are the truth and you come on here leaving us all here with the thought that the only difference between you and God is that God does not think his name is Daniele Lesser.

Please go away and shock the world when your Gen 4 TT is ready... Good luck! I also wish you the best!

Last edited:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok back to the topic at hand! Did you say you were working on a 1k piggy back system for us dumb gen 4 owners:D
All I want to do is make a 1000rwhp Reliably! I don't need no stinking traction control, no fancy monitors, just good old fashioned butt whooping horsepower:drive:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok back to the topic at hand! Did you say you were working on a 1k piggy back system for us dumb gen 4 owners:D
All I want to do is make a 1000rwhp Reliably! I don't need no stinking traction control, no fancy monitors, just good old fashioned butt whooping horsepower:drive:

Are you saying you don't want the 64" flat screen option with mega sub woofers and the serialized gold chain??

Right now the only $1K+ piggy back is the Mopar G4 ECU and its only good for 20 Hp. (I know its not a piggy back, LOL)

there are boosted G4's out there, one even put out close to 2000HP before it blew up, but from what I heard it did fine up to 1400RWHP, so with some of the best engine builders and engine tuners in the free world on the case 1000RWHP or a bit more should be workable,

Last edited:

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck guys, theres definitely a market there somewhere.

Few notes, the hardware cost debate is really two sides of a coin, the get the job done cost or the no compromise side. Reality is both sides exist, neither is wrong if the objective is defined agreed upon and met I went the no compromise route and I'm probably north of 20k in hardware (mostly Motec). That tally is still moving, but not much more hopefully.

Kevin singleton from EE Is the definitive viper high performance engine builder. He has built more gen 2/3 performance/race engines than anyone one (well race engines, I'm sure arrow has rebuilt more!). Not sure if he has done a Gen 4, never asked. He is also the guy buying the assets of JM Cylinder heads, should bs interesting when he has that under roof. He's more on the no compromise end of the scale I believe.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you saying you don't want the 64" flat screen option with mega sub woofers and the serialized gold chain??

Right now the only $1K+ piggy back is the Mopar G4 ECU and its only good for 20 Hp. (I know its not a piggy back, LOL)

there are boosted G4's out there, one even put out close to 2000HP before it blew up, but from what I heard it did fine up to 1400RWHP, so with some of the best engine builders and engine tuners in the free world on the case 1000RWHP or a bit more should be workable,

I only want the monitor if it's it's 3D :rolaugh:

As far as boosted gen 4s I've heard of only one on this forum done by UGR but that was only during the build..... Nothing since:dunno: I'd love to see or hear about the others out there!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only want the monitor if it's it's 3D :rolaugh:

As far as boosted gen 4s I've heard of only one on this forum done by UGR but that was only during the build..... Nothing since:dunno: I'd love to see or hear about the others out there!

I know the H guys in Texas did one, have not heard much about it though and the other tuner in texas (not ART) has a situation with a customer in Russia that ordered an 08 to be Turbo'd (in 08) and over the course of time (between then and now) asked for it to make close to 2000RWHP, the tuner has billed him close to $300,000 and the car is broken, not running and still in the USa (i.e. still not delivered yet). Last I heard they had a few issues between the tuner and the Russian customer but I think their respective lawyers are trying to sort it all out with the help of a federal judge or 2. In all fairness to the tuner, 2000 is overkill and things will break at that power level no matter what the platform and from what I understand that is just the problem, things were working at the 1400 or so level then when the customer wanted the power up at 2K parts that normally do not fail started to get burned up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck guys, theres definitely a market there somewhere.

Few notes, the hardware cost debate is really two sides of a coin, the get the job done cost or the no compromise side. Reality is both sides exist, neither is wrong if the objective is defined agreed upon and met I went the no compromise route and I'm probably north of 20k in hardware (mostly Motec). That tally is still moving, but not much more hopefully.

Kevin singleton from EE Is the definitive viper high performance engine builder. He has built more gen 2/3 performance/race engines than anyone one (well race engines, I'm sure arrow has rebuilt more!). Not sure if he has done a Gen 4, never asked. He is also the guy buying the assets of JM Cylinder heads, should bs interesting when he has that under roof. He's more on the no compromise end of the scale I believe.

Kevin can build a Viper engine for sure, he built my GTS's motor years ago, wish I still had that car!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Late Model Engines and RSI here in Texas can also build Viper engines. All it takes is the proper tooling fixtures for the machines they use. This isn't rocket science, and the Viper V10 isn't some exotic piece of hardware to work on.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as LME puts the right ring packs in your engine you'll be fine. Ask me how I know :) Although not rocket science experience does matter, I'll keep any further opinions to myself but there is definitely a lot of misinformation from this whole thread (not directed at you Tony). Lots of good information too, feel sorry for anyone who does not know what to ask and what to expect

Late Model Engines and RSI here in Texas can also build Viper engines. All it takes is the proper tooling fixtures for the machines they use. This isn't rocket science, and the Viper V10 isn't some exotic piece of hardware to work on.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've Previously built a 950rwhp beast back in 03 so I know exactly what to expect :censored::brick:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paolo and dan going back and forth will bring some reading for us forum members for a long time...thanks guys :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave