** NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM ** in Progress**

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can make a large single turbo work the way you mentioned, then that's fine with me.

Same goes with the intercooler. I'd prefer to not need ****. If you did include one, where would it be mounted?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can make a large single turbo work the way you mentioned, then that's fine with me.

Same goes with the intercooler. I'd prefer to not need ****. If you did include one, where would it be mounted?

Slayer,

Here is where we are headed

Gen 2 - Twin Turbo Intercooler Air to water with heat exchanger in the back
Gen 2 - Large Single- Proprietary Heat exchanger device in back and/or optional Intercooler Air to water with heat exchanger in the back

Gen 3 - Twin Turbo Intercooler Air to water with heat exchanger in the back
Gen 3 - Large Single- Proprietary Heat exchanger device in back and/or optional Intercooler Air to water with heat exchanger in the back

Gen 4 - Twin Turbo Intercooler Air to water with heat exchanger in the back

Built motors are an option at prices never before heard of in the Viper market

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did heads/cam on my '01 and the compression is 10:5 to 1. Would this system work on my setup and with the cast pistons what's the safest boost I can run?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, with 10.5:1 and the cast pistons, I would say that is not a good idea. Here is a GOOD idea.... maybe ask Greg Good if he would swap you a set of stock heads with SS intake and Inconel exhaust valves and a spring package, for your heads and some cash..... Greg is reasonable and, as long as he had an order for a set of higher compression heads like yours, I am sure he would give you a good deal. Maybe give Greg a shout and ask!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I just realized I have my stock heads. Hopefully by the time this kit is available and tested I'll have the funds to jump on this. I think you guys have a great idea and thanks for making it happen for the Viper community!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve has ordered all of the parts I can think of and I have started fabricating. Here is a pic of one of the pieces I am fabricating to make the system:

You must be registered for see images

Here are a couple of pics of some exhaust housings. The smaller one is what most every T-04 twin turbo viper has a pair of and the same one that SVS used in their single turbo system of which I attached a single turbo dyno graph above. The larger one is one of the turbos I am putting on a mile car I am building for a customer. We will also try to test this large hot side with an 88mm compressor wheel with the diverter pipe on Steve's car as well. I am just throwing these comparison pics up here so people can get an idea of the range of what will be available.

We can of course fit twins with the smaller hot sides as well as that will be the first setup I mock up. The twins are going to fit very nicely in there and I am pretty confident we have a solution for the people who want the exhaust to come out of the side of their cars as well!

Last edited:

JLorello

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, are these turbos going to be DBB? Ceramic?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, are these turbos going to be DBB? Ceramic?

Hi Jon,

We are using Comp Turbo Triple Ceramic Ball Bearing Oil less Turbos, which are the Maybach of cadillacs, so to speak, we have some other options we are developing too, for those that want a cheaper solution, but I have to warn you what we have in store for everybody even on the lower priced kits will blow socks off!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbos arrived the other day, I am sure Steve will take some better pictures, but here they are.... Most of the parts have been ordered and I will be start fitting a lot of the pieces I have been fabbing up for the last week or so onto the car starting tonight and tomorrow!

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its hard to imagine a thread with paolo in it and it being this old and only 4 pages long....shoot his answers are usually that long ..... :)

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cheap(er) viper turbo setup
DIY oriented installation without hacking up the car
potential to have a rear gts like exhaust

WOW, all my dreams are coming true at once. Nice work guys.

Paolo, does your diverter pipe work the same way the Sound Performance quick spool valve works?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KNLKVgg8po

Ive always been interested in a front mount single turbo setup. Could a system be made that utilizes the stock manifolds to accommodate such a setup? Pros and cons to this? The only single turbo viper ive seen is Orlandos gts. Search "Orlando Viper" on youtube and there are 4-5 vids of it.

Also, I think you guys should offer a kit with all fuel/computer needs. Keep that under $10k like the paxton and we got a winner :D

Wasnt Roe making a sub $10k DIY TT kit? Whatever happened to that?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cheap(er) viper turbo setup
DIY oriented installation without hacking up the car
potential to have a rear gts like exhaust

WOW, all my dreams are coming true at once. Nice work guys.

Paolo, does your diverter pipe work the same way the Sound Performance quick spool valve works?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KNLKVgg8po

Ive always been interested in a front mount single turbo setup. Could a system be made that utilizes the stock manifolds to accommodate such a setup? Pros and cons to this? The only single turbo viper ive seen is Orlandos gts. Search "Orlando Viper" on youtube and there are 4-5 vids of it.

Also, I think you guys should offer a kit with all fuel/computer needs. Keep that under $10k like the paxton and we got a winner :D

Wasnt Roe making a sub $10k DIY TT kit? Whatever happened to that?

ScrewDrvr,

Our diverter pipes are similar to the SP quick spool product but is different in design and functionality, but you are on track, our system is designed to use the exhaust flow to decrease the spool time of the turbo and thus bring on our boost at a much lower rpm than systems without "the pipe", we will literally have "torque on tap"

Our system has tuning and is a complete turn key solution and will be entirely scale-able to allow the purchaser to go from a Paxton killer power level to any level they desire (excess of 1400 rwhp) depending on if they have built their motor or not.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok gotcha. Do you guys have an idea on how they will be controlled(wastegate/boost type system or all controlled from the computer)?

By the way, maybe you could even give some thought on making a rear bumper for srt's that would accommodate a rear exhaust for this system. Heck, maybe just mod stock ones. Seeing your previous threads dealing with body work, im figuring you could make this in about 8 minutes. ;) Very impressed with your talent to say the least.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok gotcha. Do you guys have an idea on how they will be controlled(wastegate/boost type system or all controlled from the computer)?

By the way, maybe you could even give some thought on making a rear bumper for srt's that would accommodate a rear exhaust for this system. Heck, maybe just mod stock ones. Seeing your previous threads dealing with body work, im figuring you could make this in about 8 minutes. ;) Very impressed with your talent to say the least.

Our base kit will have wastegate and Blowoff controlled boost levels, our higher power kits will implement the use of NLR's AMS1000 for boost control and can easily be programmed to bring on the boost as the end user wishes.

You are dead on in your rear bumper idea, we are not seeing the stock body panels as a restriction, but at the same time our initial directive is to not require the cutting of anything. In our experience though the ability to exit the exhaust immediately out of teh turbos can easily gain the user close to 50 horsepower versus snaking an exhaust around.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just happened onto this thread and all I can say is BLESS YOU SIR!!! I've been on the fence for months. Wasn't interested in a Paxton and couldn't get past drivability concerns on a heads/cam build. Putting down 800rwhp with a sick TT setup for under $10k.... OMG YES!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest update:

We made some huge strides forward this weekend (and its only half over, LOL)

Fabricated the hot and cold side tubing for the single Turbo setup and we got the dual 1000HP liquid to air intercoolers in place for the Twin Turbo setup (1000 HP EACH! YEOWW!)

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to those that have committed so far, I will be busy answering all the emails , phone calls, and PM's. If by accident I have missed anyone, please call me today at 707 849 0111

thanks

Steve

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice. Do you have any pics/details of the single turbo setup? Do you have any price estimates between the 2 kits?

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, but that rear-mount system looks badass. Nice work guys. Curious to see how you end up routing the hot side and exhaust outlets.