** NEW 800 RWHP GEN 3 TURBO SYSTEM ** in Progress**

limitless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i feel like christmas came early wont be able to sleep untill i see packages:rolaugh:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this taking so long to post results, we've already seen it on the dyno. Did you blow it up or what?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this taking so long to post results, we've already seen it on the dyno. Did you blow it up or what?

Hey $hit happens when you first build or put together a package of this sort for the first time, so there is no shame in that. Laying low and not saying anything only makes matters seem worse than they may actually be. Hope you get it all worked out soon... but let us know what had happened lol...

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, no blow up, no stories, not laying low.

I have 2 production ready Turbo systems developed from scratch in 1/3 the time that most cars are in the shop having a "production" kit installed by any of the major tuners. Even though in internet time frames and from checking a thread daily it may seem like this has been going on for a while, but at this point in time it has only been 2 months since the first piece of pipe was cut.

I am just making all the components as close to production spec as possible before I post results.

This has entailed removal and reinstall of the system numerous times, jigs being made, mandrel specs and quotes back and forth with mandrel bending companies etc. refinement of parts and more.

We also upgraded our AF ratio reading from Innovate products to NGK just to make sure we are that much more accurate. We have moved to newer latest tech blow offs versus the ones we initially used as well

I want to make sure that the final numbers I post and use are from as close to production and shipping pieces as possible

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Summary: I'm not happy with initial results, let me keep tweaking.

Got it.

There is no harm posting development results. You guys fab'd the kit in record time, so really this 2 months has been spent on refining, tuning, and testing. Why even market or hype up the development of a system, unless you share some results along the way? Anyone spending $10K+ on a system will want to know the pros/cons/quirks/results along the way. If these refinements are purely cosmetic, that shouldn't skew any performance data results. Posting vids of it on a dynojet with no results is sorta suspect.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint Tony,

But not the case.

I did pick up a 4 inch screw in one of my back tires one day while testing so I had to order new tires. My tuner wasn't happy with the response and accuracy of the Innovate LM1 I was using so I upgraded etc. It all costs time and money and after an accelerated build cycle which cost a literal fortune, I decided to slow things down and keep the development costs in check.

Not sure what the agenda is implying there is a problem but give it a rest.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is very impressive going from the brain to production in ~2 months. I just want to see more pics/vids/results!

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No agenda, just suspicious since it has been a bit silent after such a rushed fabrication (which amazed me to watch). Your last response answers my questions about the delays, that is all that we readers ask for. Thanks, and keep us posted on results.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relax fellas its all coming to an end VERY soon and I can tell ya the numbers are freakin ridiculous!!!! Seriously thinking about putting the gen 4 on the market come spring time and dropping back down to an 06 coupe so I can run a Vipair Twin system!!! Steve your are incredible for our little community Thanks man.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whats the story what s purchase date at this point

We are projecting the full release on January 15th, for the 8psi single kit, we are also making a 5 psi single kit and then we will release the Twin system.

We have been taking advantage of the last few weeks experimenting with different injectors and later this week we are scheduled to see what the impact (if any) there is with using a heat exchanger up front versus a trunk mount water tank, we are also offering a solution with both the tank and the heat exchanger.

I am sorry for the delays in bring this to market but I want it to be a final production kit that is offered to everybody and to have it as refined as possible and meet our customer budget and horsepower goals.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet, an update :)

what power is the single kit making at 5/8psi? Are they the same setup or different sized turbos?(for the 5psi and 8psi kit)

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sweet, an update :)

what power is the single kit making at 5/8psi? Are they the same setup or different sized turbos?(for the 5psi and 8psi kit)

The 8, actually 8.7 PSI kit and the 5 PSI kit are very, very similar, same turbo, just different springs in the waste gates and different injectors and different tune. I am trying to make this as modular as possible so that there are no hidden surprises.

I am waiting on dyno time to get some more final numbers and I will post them soon.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

I am am patiently waiting for my slotted Dyno time, which seems to be ever changing and 1 hour sessions to tune a Subaru turn into 5 hours and things get bumped (time to buy a dyno!)

Anyways, I decided to take my idle wait time while I wait to finalize the Single version of the Turbo kits and proceeded to test fit the intake/water to air inter cooler for the TWIN SYSTEM, this is the intake for those that want a little more bling under the hood. It is a massive liquid to air inter cooler that can cool approx 2000 HP of hot air, it will be one of the options for the Twin Version of the Kit.

In a few hours it will mount a little lower and then a Gen 3 hood will be placed on to ensure proper clearance , but without further ado...

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Steve i may just have to go with the twins i am thinking now after see that haha Sent me an email or give me a call when this is all wrapped up. It looks beautiful!!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car will be back on the Dyno this Thursday, We have been doing driving tuning while the dyno shop has been waiting for some parts, (they had a flood and fried some circuit boards)