New (almost) '01 at a great price

farrbar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
New (almost) \'01 at a great price

This past weekend I was at the Auburn car auction looking for a specific classic car (don't shoot me, it was a ford). The ford I wanted sold sat. for about 10K more than I wanted to spend. However, it rained all day sunday and monday, which really hurt auction turn out on these days.

Late monday a 2001 RT/10, Red w/ hardtop, Connly Leather, cockpit cover.... went through, NO RESERVE!!! Having had a few beers in me, and not wanting to go home empty handed, I bought it. The car had 212 miles on it. By the time I got it back to Chicago it has 401 miles. The car is perfect (everything is still in the plastic, I had to take the hard top out of the box to get home as it was raining).

I talked to the guy that sold it to me, he is a straight shooter, and was "triming down" his collection in order to retire(sold 18 of his 57 car collection at this auction, all no reserve). His old GTO's and vettes did very good, his Mopar didn't get as much (Prowler with 350 miles for 27k!). I guess that is the beauty of being a buyer, on the 4th day of an auction in heavy rain.

If any VCA/Web person wants the car I will let it go at $55k (or trade for '01/02 Yellow RT/10). I think this is very fair for RT/10 with ABS, Roof and only 400 miles!!! The warranty is good through 5/15/04. But, I could arrange an extended service contract at a deep discount.

I don't post much to the board, but I have been in VCA since 1999, and many of the Illinois guys know me, I put out the Viper License plates that you have probably seen at the last couple of VOIs.

ANY INTEREST, PLEASE IM.
--------
Farrbar

94 RT/10 - Black(Sold back to Roanoke Motors..... the best dealer around)
01 RT/10 - Yellow (sold)
03 SRT/10 - Black
03 Ram 1500 "Hemi"
02 Ford Thunderbird - Black
....and for a short time 2001 RT/10 - RED and for SALE

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: New (almost) \'01 at a great price

You mean like this one: 7K MILES
1905_26_03_YELLOW_VIPER_SIDE-med.jpg

email me [email protected]

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh sorry thought the car was an '02 guess I need HOOKED-ON-PHONICS!!
Chad :(

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A car like what he is selling will bring very high 50's 8-9ish at the Orlando (Ocoee) Auto Auction. Some should scoop this car up (low miles will bring wholesale blood) Now again this falls true in the southeast region of the map and other regions are different markets. Trust me on this one cause this's how I bring home the bacon. (No bacon jokes my girl weighs a buck o five soakin wet and 26 just looks young but man will that be nice when she is 50!)
190Chads_party_pics_010-med.jpg

Chad :D

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Chad we have never met in person. Is that your girlfriend giving you the massage? I told you to go Black, you see you're already board with the yellow one.LOL

Adam

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No massage here just her trying to dunk my drunk buddy under BTW complete failure she is to light and he did not even spill his beer. No Party Foul at our party

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang