New Battery for 95?

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of battery should I use for a 95 viper. Mine is getting old and hasn't been treating me very well recently so I want to get a new one.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You can pay $350
You can pay $109

Buy a SEARS DIE HARD GOLD..........~~~~$80

Be sure all your alarms and accessories are turned OFF
and its a good idea to disconnect underhood before yanking it out of the wheelwell

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
You can pay $350
You can pay $109
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or you can pay $87.50 for a Mopar #4709386, and it WILL fit correctly!!
BURNOUT.gif

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Optima at Murray's. Closed cell and can withstand a puncture. $109. Red75-35. They make two that are the exact size but one has higher amps. Get the higher one...ask the rep to look up the list and compare. Fit perfect in my 95.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95Viper:
I went with the Optima at Murray's. Fit perfect in my 95.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard differently many times, even from Optima.

Darn fine battery, but "touch-and-go" and fit. DONT let any terminal touch the frame, and DONT shave/shorten any terminals!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About the Optima. I found out the hard/expensive way that you should not cut the top terminals. The top terminals connect internally to the side terminals and then to the plates inside the battery. Cut them too far-- no contact-- ruined Optima battery. Luckily, I have a good relationship with my supplier-- they coverd my goof. Just go with another type/style battery.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interstate mt-78--fits and works perfectly also. Cost should be anywhere from-- cost--56.95 to list--92.95. They have a nationwide warranty. There is a toll free number on the top and free replacement within 18 months.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sears Die-Hard Gold cost me about $80.00 this summer...I used a 75 series as it ALWAYS fits our Vipers, where their 78 series has NOT always fit our Vipers. Consum. Report (for those that care) rate this battery as a VERY GOOD VALUE...full replacement for 36 months, then prorated. It actually came in ahead of some of the more famous/expensive brands...though "leaking-when-on-track-or-otherwise-upside-down" was not a catagory listed in their test summary
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire