New Ford GT Performace info......

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard a report on the radio this morning Ford unvieled the GT at their test track. A few things mentioned were, 0-60 3.7 sec, top speed just over 200 mph, and a sticker price of 150K. Makes the SRT look like a bargan.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't the SRT have "just as good" if not better numbers?

Life is not just about numbers- unless you're Mr. Spock. Emotions come into play when you are talking about hi-po vehicles. I love the look of the GT and if I had the jack I would definitely take one over a Ferrari 360. American icons are the wave of the future I hope- long live the Detroit heavy metal :cool:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said SSunburn.

And great looking GTS! The yellow & black is the only GTS I've ever considered buying.... beautiful car.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the prices seem to be all over the place from 130-150k. the performance numbers seem to keep getting better while the price keeps going higher. originally the car was quoted at 125k. I also figure the ford guys know they havc to make it faster than the SRT, especially w/ the SRT at close to half the price. Don't get me wrong i love GT40's and the GT and i DO want one. Only if the performace is superior the my SRT especially since there is no top down option. I have already put my name down on several dealer list and told them i would buy the car at sticker(yeah i know fat chance), i hope there are a few reputable dealers left.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The curb weight listed by Car and Driver says the two cars will weigh about the same...around 3300-3400 lbs. How can an all aluminum car be this heavy? Both make the same HP with the SRT having higher torque numbers. The short distance (0-60) advantage will go to the GT because of the engine placement. The traction will be much better because of the engine being over the drive wheels. The estimated 1/4 mile times were right on top of the SRT's times. Either way, the GT wins in style. With no open top, I don't think I'll be in the GT 'line'.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, before crying wolf about its performance let's see some comparison tests.

Interesting performance questions will also be: brakes, suspension, autocross numbers.

Anyway, bring it on - competition is one of the best motivators out there (though the price is completely out of wack - at least for my wallet).

MILES42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, first time Posting. I like the Ford GT, but $150,000.00 ? i would take the yet to be unreleashed Dodge Viper Coupe or a 2006 Corvette Z06, and plus the Viper can do 0-60 in 3.94secs and a 1/4mile time of 11.77secs at 123.63mph and its a ragtop Convert! the true test wont come until Dodge releases the ' Coupe '

MILES42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep hearing the same, but i have a strong feeling that a coupe version will be released in 2006? Part of this is based on ' Hope ' and the other part is based on how things have been done so far, in regards to SRT products. Look at how much info and spy photos that are and were available for both the 2005 Corvette and the 2005 Ford GT. Looking back...how much info and spy photos were available for the 2003 Viper ? The media was suprised when it was unveiled at 2001 North American Auto Show. ' Hidden in plain Sight ' is term i have heard used before when describing some of Chrysler's Concept Cars ? I personally have never seen a prototype mule for either the 2003 Viper convert or the Comp Coupe, maybe they did the testing in Area ' 51 ' :shocked: My theory is the Viper Coupe is being tested and refined right before your very eyes in the form of the Comp Coupe, Chevy is going to come out swinging with the next Z06 :cool: believe that. How many times has a Automobile Manufacturer said they weren't going to do something and did it anyway, GM and Oldsmobile ? Hey i could be wrong, but to hope doesnt cost anything .

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, before crying wolf about its performance let's see some comparison tests.

Hans,

The November "Automobile" Pits a GT against a 360 and a Gallardo. It's a pretty good read. They show an "estimated" price of 135K for the GT.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Asscrackistan! Bwah-hawhhh-hawwww!

You in the service?

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asscrackistan! Bwah-hawhhh-hawwww!

You in the service?

VIC,

I'm a Major in the Army Guard. This year I have the privilege of receiving an all expenses paid 12 month terrorist hunting trip to beautiful, scenic Afghanistan.

The carrot driving this donkey is a new '04 SRT when I rotate back to the world. Can't wait. We have sporadic computer/internet access and I really look forward to reading the forum to get a Viper fix in the mean time.

:usa:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck AMORGOD. Bring back a few scalps for us!! Including your own in one piece.

And thank you.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sometimes a "carrot" can keep you going when times are tough. Hang in there, and you will be enjoying cruising in your SRT, what a rush awaits you!

God bless you, you are doing us proud. (Sgt Vic, USMC, 1979-1983)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi