NEW! From inside CAAP

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a C&P of a note sent to me by a "friend"!

"This is your last chance to order 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10s in classic Viper Blue. January will be the last month for production of this very popular color as Conner Avenue Assembly (CAAP) makes room for more colors in February.

Also, the long anticipated "H" spoke wheels (WP7) are here! First shown on the 2005 Geneva Switzerland Motor Show Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe, these polished forged aluminum wheels are joining the popular 5 spoke wheels (WP6) as options on all Vipers. Production starts in January.

The last bit of Viper news for this month is that the limited run of Race Yellow Vipers currently being produced at CAAP can now be spec'd with Dual Silver Racing Stripes (M91). The Dual Black Stripes (M92) will continue to be available. Your customers will definitely end up with a very rare car if they opt for this color combination."

Race Yellow with Silver stripes ought to be pretty eye catching.

:2tu:

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are already discontinuing the blue?

Viper blue should be available every year. It is an iconic color. And this limited edition white stripe thing makes no sense. Ferarri has red, Corvette yellow, Ford has White with Admiral blue stripes, mercedes/Porsche/BMW has SIlver. Blue should be a Viper Mainstay.

The Original B&W ran for two years, even on a few RT/10s. WHy are they constraing one of their best color combos?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow and silver? :nono: Not a good color combo. I've seen this combo before and it wasnt appealing. Just my opinion of course.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMHO, the best color combos are yellow/black and blue/white. Yellow/silver is not worth it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Until you actually see the Yellow and Silver I would not be too judgemental. Dean Loucks did one back around 1999 and 2000, and it was so stunning folks were bowled over at various VOIs and Viper Functions. We had a request to do one in 2001, and liked it so well we did another just on speculation - it sold in 2 weeks. With the silver wheels, silver side decals, and silver stripes, I do believe many will be surprised at how dynamic it looks. Not the first color combo that would come to mind, I fully agree, but having seen finished products myself, I sincerely believe it will surprise alot of folks and be a good marriage!

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats great that there getting ready for new colors. i hope they make graphite with silver stripes! :)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if the yellow on silver will be good looking or not but I can not wait to see it to make up my mind.
It will be silver on yellow (the opposite would be painful). There is a yellow GTS in town with silver stripes. Looks good. Prefer black stripes on yellow myself, of course... :2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if the yellow on silver will be good looking or not but I can not wait to see it to make up my mind.
It will be silver on yellow (the opposite would be painful). There is a yellow GTS in town with silver stripes. Looks good. Prefer black stripes on yellow myself, of course... :2tu:

That is what I meant. Did not read what I typed afterwards.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No prob! I just shuddered to think of yellow stripes on a silver car... :2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if the factory will ever offer a OEM dolphin on the hood. (Sorry, could not resist.)

Think it is great the factory is turning out a great variety of colors and Mamba editions. Something for everybody.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No prob! I just shuddered to think of yellow stripes on a silver car... :2tu:

Yeah I even confused myself.

Paul: That is funny! A dolphin. I wonder what the cost of that option would be LOL!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth