New Gen 3 Mopar engine available!

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, this just came in my email! This is wonderful!! I am curious as to how much this engine will cost???

As a VCA member, you are among the first to hear about this offer from Mopar Performance. The Dodge Viper 8.3L V10 crate engines are now available for immediate delivery from Mopar. Very soon, however, the information about these engines will be going out to the general public, so if you want one you might want to act fast.
These V10 crate engines have the following features:550HP @ 5700 RPM, 590 ft.-lbs. @ 4100 RPM (50hp over stock). A356 aluminum block and heads. Each engine is blueprinted and hand assembled by a dedicated master engine builder with the following upgraded parts:Camshaft: Intake/Exhaust: Lobe lift .320"/.320", Duration @ 0.050" 220.0/230.5, Centerline 117º after Top Dead Center Swinging oil pickup oil pan kit (Viper only, will not fit truck) High performance oil filter Push rods have been dynamically tuned (stiffer) on a Spintron testerValve spring shimsOil pump pressure relief valveNew 120 degree bearingsAll new gaskets
To order your 8.3L V10 crate engine from Mopar, contact your local Chrysler Group dealership. The part number is P5153598. But hurry—this information won’t be exclusive for very long

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So who's going to spend $12K+ (assuming it will cost at least this much compared to a Gen. III engine) for a new '08 engine for a whopping increase of 50hp? Will they throw in a free tranny and give you trade-in credit for your old engine?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good points.

I can see if someone blew a certain engine and wanted to replace it with this Mopar version under warranty perhaps...I saw your baby at Tator's Tuesday...along with a couple of other blown engines...sad sight. Hopefully Chuck will get it back to you better than ever!

- Tony

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Folks, you had better act fast and get one of these as they won't last long!! I called my friendly Mopar dealer who I have a wholesale account with and here are the prices:

List: $30,999.00
Wholesale: $27,278.00

This is not a misprint!!
He was showing 2 in the warehouse. Act fast....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't spend 27K on an engine.

id buy a used one and send it to my engine guy for a lot less than that and have more HP. and know its done right.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks, you had better act fast and get one of these as they won't last long!! I called my friendly Mopar dealer who I have a wholesale account with and here are the prices:

List: $30,999.00
Wholesale: $27,278.00

This is not a misprint!!
He was showing 2 in the warehouse. Act fast....
I would have to be smoking crack to pay that for a Gen 3 motor w/ 550 hp. I could get 750 rwhp for that!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For 30k-35k you can have a built bottom end and a twin turbo system installed. 20k for the turbo system (including fuel system AEM and tuning) And a built bottom end from proline will cost about 10-15k. Then you'd be making about 800rwhp-1000rwhp. Not contest IMHOP.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one decent question to discern from this, is what did they change to get that extra 50hp out of the engine. New cam ? New Heads, new what? What parts are different on this block then our stock blocks. Might be worth a little investigation to see if there is a quick win of 50hp somewhere on the table !!

Jon

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically it has a different cam and some minor internal work for an additional 50hp. My guess is that the 50hp has something to do with a different exhaust than comes stock.

B767DRIVER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Basically it has a different cam and some minor internal work for an additional 50hp. My guess is that the 50hp has something to do with a different exhaust than comes stock.
I don't think it comes with exhaust.... :dunno:

Are the cam specs listed the same as the Comp Coupe?

Are the A356 heads the same as stock?

Maybe someone with extensive knowledge can answer.

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The New Viper Crate Engine

Got letter fron VCA about the new offering of the Hand Built Blueprinted Crate Engine offered from from Dodge with 550 HP.

These V10 crate engines have the following features:
550HP @ 5700 RPM, 590 ft.-lbs. @ 4100 RPM (50hp over stock).
A356 aluminum block and heads.
Each engine is blueprinted and hand assembled by a dedicated master engine builder with the following upgraded parts:
Camshaft: Intake/Exhaust: Lobe lift .320"/.320", Duration @ 0.050" 220.0/230.5, Centerline 117º after Top Dead Center
Swinging oil pickup oil pan kit (Viper only, will not fit truck)
High performance oil filter
Push rods have been dynamically tuned (stiffer) on a Spintron tester
Valve spring shims
Oil pump pressure relief valve
New 120 degree bearings
All new gaskets

Anyone know the price? and if its got Forged Pistons?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960