New H-Beam Forged Rods for 2003+ coming on line

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
There are several new parts and upgrades I’ve been working on and I mentioned one of them in a recent post.
These are the connecting rods I was referring to.
I’ll be putting up full details soon.
They’re VERY good rods and are rated at handling 120 HP each.
Because I am having 12 sets made, they’re going to be around $850 or so.
Most pay about $1,800 to $2,000 for Viper rods of this quality.
We’re also making a complete package of parts available at a discount rate.
All high quality name brand.
More info coming soon!

You must be registered for see images

Best regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They do look similar, but they're not Eagles.
Eagle doesn't have a Gen3 / 4 rod yet.
The Eagle Gen2 rods at 6.123" weigh 695 grams.
These are 6.250" as required for the Gen3 / 4 and weigh 617 grams, so no expensive / heavy mallory weight must be added to the crank for balancing.
They have ARP 2000 rod bolts.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the later Gen II's, (2000-2002) don't they use the longer rods?

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Will these work with wiseco forged pistons?"
Yes, and any other custom brand also. But before you have any pistons made, you have to fill out a complete specification sheet for the piston manufacturer. You'll need to tell them the width of the small end of the rod, thickness above the pin, pin diameter, etc. Contact me by direct email for thses specs so you can have the pistons made correctly. I haven't finished writing everything up about the rods yet. I have to get that done before I add them to the website. [email protected]

"I'll be building mine up soon...tell us about the complete package....what brand are they?"
I'm a day or so out from having everything written up properly. From what we've done / seen for prices on a couple engines recently, I felt a good package needed to be created, with all the correct specifications on materials used, compression distance, pin and bearing clearances, bob weight, etc. You would have to do a lot of leg work to get all that info to make just one set. I figured it would be good to spread that work we did over many sets and do some volume to reduce costs of production.
The "package" will include Clevite H series rod and main bearings, multi layer head gaskets, Advanced Profile machined chrome steel Total Seal rings and an optional SFI approved harmonic balancer. Shooting for around $3,000 on a package deal that has most of the work done so the engine builder / assembler has little to do (no pin fitting of the rods or pistons for example).

"What about the later Gen II's, (2000-2002) don't they use the longer rods?"
Sorry, I was side tracked from the Gen3 / 4 rods this post was about and didn't go into much detail about Gen2 Eagle rods. You are correct, 2000-2002 rods are 6.225" and the 2003 Viper used them as leftovers from the Gen2.
All 2004+ are longer. '92-'99 are the shortest ones.
You can use these rods in a 2003 engine when combined with the correct spec pistons since the stroke is the same.

I've got a pretty full schedule today and am starting early. I "should" be able to do some writing tonight. I'll post as soon as I'm finished.

Best regards,
Sean

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just so nobody has to guess about the rods before I get an opportunity to write everything up....

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean

do you have a specific piston you like for the GEN 4? does the above "package" include pistons?

John

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooops, just sawe the pic with the pistons in it. what brand? very interested.

J

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I haven’t finished writing up all the information on the complete rotating package. The first package will be for the 2003-2006 engines since it’s what we’ve done so far. I have to get some additional specifications for the Gen 4 pistons before we can get a price on them. They should only be a little more because of the bore diameter.
Here’s the information on the rods:

Forged H-beam Connecting Rods:
Specifications include 4340 steel alloy, reduced weight from non critical areas, total weight 617 grams (440gms rotating and 177gms reciprocating weight), strengthening gussets added to highly stressed areas on the cap, ARP 2000 bolts utilizing full thread engagement, 1.010” pin end width, 0.190” thickness above the pin, big end diameter 2.2524”, bushed pin end honed to 0.9281 for standard size 0.927” pins, polished beam edges to remove imperfections that could lead to stress risers, re-torqued and stress relieved during the big end boring process to ensure a round bore, ready to assemble right out of the box, requiring only final cleaning.

I was off a bit on the price. I am getting these at a deep discount because I ordered in quantity. When I added in the shipping and handling cost as well as adding the couple percent to cover credit card fees, they went up (sorry).

Introductory price on the rods…. $899 a set.
The Clevite H series rod bearings that go with them are $122.76 for the set.

I'll get the piston, ring and gaskets package price put together ASAP.

Best regards,
Sean

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Sean, put me down for a kit minus the pistons. Time to get ready to boost and keep the nitrous :D

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice going Sean. :2tu:I think a bunch of the Viper Truck guys at VTCOA.com would probably be interested in this as well.;)
Not sure if you have posted it up yet over there.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
"Nice going Sean. :2tu:I think a bunch of the Viper Truck guys at VTCOA.com would probably be interested in this as well.;)
Not sure if you have posted it up yet over there."

I was off all forums from about mid September until just about a week ago. So far, I've only been able to get back onto the VCA site. Since I let two people go last September / October, I had to pick up their hours myself. I'll try to get caught back up on the truck board in the next few days or weekend. If you could at least pass that along to the guys over there, I'd appreciate it. I have email and phone contact with the ones who need parts or service assistance just about daily. Meeting those needs is my top priority each day and it usually takes all day every day to do it, even with my current employees. I did just hire another one last week, so I'll be getting some of my time back soon :)

"what happened to the PICS??"

On top of everything else we're working on, we're revamping the website also. I've been dissatisfied with the organization of it for about the last two years. We've added so many products that it became very scattered and I felt it was too difficult to navigate. It was down yesterday during some changes. That’s where the pics are hosted. When the site is done (soon), everything will be organized by model / year in separate categories so you don't have to scan through all exhaust parts when you may actually want exhaust parts specifically for a '95 RT/10. Here's a link to show what I mean; Gen1 - '92 to '96 RT/10 - Roe Racing

Best regards,
Sean

bigike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOOOHOOO

Hey this may have just free'd up the capital to swap this lysholm for the whipple ;)

thanks Sean!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah thank you very much for making it affordable yet very good parts to be able to forge our motors so more of us can run boost and/or nitrous with more of a piece of mind.

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great deal Sean. How many takers do you have so far? I'll be interested in a few months if this deal is still available.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The two sets I had on the shelf are now spoken for. The rest of the sets will be coming in week after next. Once they're here, I'll let everyone know.
I'm glad to have been able to put this together. This should save quite a bit of money on engine builds.

Best regards,
Sean

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Sean, talk about super fast shipping especially for Hawaii. Everything looks good. I cant wait to get this bad boy kit installed. Now to find a good installer here in Hawaii :dunno: If not I will have to wait to get it back to the main land. I cannot wait :headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21