New Head for Gen 2 & 3 by JM Cylinder Heads??

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have experiance with these heads? The dyno charts they have on their site look pretty impressive. I have decided that I am going to take the no turbo or blower route when the time comes. I'm thinking a good set of pistons along with a set of heads/rockers and cam would probably make me happy.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a set.

I will report on the results when my car gets put back together (should be in about a month or so.)

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, I bought a set too.

Engine just went into car. During break in, engine made 700 hp / 700 tq at 5800 rpm with 9.2-1 compression ratio.

Should make a bunch more at 6500 rpm with Paxton - this is where I'm going with this car.

These new heads offer additional cooling benefits too. Call Kevin at Exotic Engine for more info. 951-545-8223

Hopefully, I'll pick up car this Friday or early next week.

Check my post in "More SRT-10 Rumors" post for more details.

Dan

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I bought a set too.

Engine just went into car. During break in, engine made 700 hp / 700 tq at 5800 rpm with 9.2-1 compression ratio.

Should make a bunch more at 6500 rpm with Paxton - this is where I'm going with this car.

These new heads offer additional cooling benefits too. Call Kevin at Exotic Engine for more info. 951-545-8223

Hopefully, I'll pick up car this Friday or early next week.

Check my post in "More SRT-10 Rumors" post for more details.

Dan

Which ones did you get? He's got the various stages and then the full race heads. Were these numbers with the full race version or the stage 3?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Kai,

I first replaced my stock heads with a set of Stage 3's. These were the CNC'd OE castings. I sold these and replaced them with the JM Striker Cylinder Heads mentioned above.

These are a new casting with even larger valves, more direct ports and a water jacket around the top of the cylinder head. I believe you would refer to them as the "full race version" as these are the ones running on race Vipers in Europe.

My engine made those numbers with a "blower cam", i.e. no overlap and not as aggressive a grind as a big N\A cam would be. I also held the compression ratio down to only 9.2 due to the fact that I'm running a Paxton.

I'll bet you could make an easy 750, maybe even 800 flywheel hp with a bigger cam and more compression.

Let me know how your build comes out.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang