New Headers

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool:Zentenk,

Here is some photos that TrackAire asked me to post for you to check out our BBG Satin Black coated headers. These are from a fresh engine build I just finished.

At BBG we use JETHOT's Satin Black 1600 / Extreme Silver 1700 / Flat Black JETHOT 2400 degree thermal coatings exclusively on our exhaust components.

Note that coating our ARH Viper headers is not necessary. An important fact is that all Vipers including the ACRX-Track come factory prepped with uncoated full stainless steel exhaust systems. BBG offers this service because we understand the benefit of using thermal coatings and that Viper owners prefer options to enhance and personalize their vehicles.

Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Thanks,
Toddy
[email protected]

Attachments

• BBG 7-6-10 515.jpg
    BBG 7-6-10 515.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 82
  • BBG 7-6-10 551.jpg
    BBG 7-6-10 551.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 81
  • BBG 7-6-10 572.jpg
    BBG 7-6-10 572.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 530
  • BBG 7-6-10 603.jpg
    BBG 7-6-10 603.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 515
  • BBG 7-6-10 306.jpg
    BBG 7-6-10 306.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the pics, now could this be applied to the whole exhaust?

Stan Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look great! They look a lot like the American Racing Headers. I have installed several sets of headers, and to this point, I am most impressed with the American Racing Headers.

Sorry for being late to the conversation. :drive:

OP
OP
Glen97

Glen97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those look great! They look a lot like the American Racing Headers. I have installed several sets of headers, and to this point, I am most impressed with the American Racing Headers.

Sorry for being late to the conversation. :drive:
Hi Stan,
Your correct! American Racing Headers Bad Boyzz Series. After having these headers on my car now for over a 1000 miles I give them a big thumbs up
icon14.gif
. The car has a very nice sound at cruising speed. Then put your foot in it WOW! It sounds like a beast and pulls harder than ever. I don't know what the HP gains are but you can sure feel it.

Glen

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Toddy -
Any chance you guys are going to get your headers CARB certified? For those of us who live in CA (lots of us), and for those who live in states that will be adopting CA's **** smog rules soon, installing non-compliant headers can be a giant liability. At a bare minimum, it's a huge stress every time smog renewal rolls along. I've been through hell with smog shops over things that did have CARB numbers on them, and I've had to tear cars apart that had equipment that didn't have CARB numbers. The last thing I want to do is spend a day installing headers, and then have to un-install them just because I need to do the bi-annual smog BS. I don't mind working on my car, but sometimes it's just not convenient to HAVE TO spend a day tearing something apart that isn't broken... If you can get a CARB number on your headers, you'll have at least one more customer :) Other manufacturers out there have 'indicated' that CARB certification was in the works on their headers, but I don't see any progress, so I'm about ready to give up on them.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin,

Quite a nice selection of vehicles in your stable. No CARB options in the works today, however TrackAire just ran his GEN IV on the smog dyno & PASSED like a champ with the ACRX Headers & high flow cats!:usa:

Retaining your OEM equipment is advisable just in case.

In the spirit of keeping the modern day Hot Rod alive, we are running many behind the scene test to prove that performance can burn clean. We'll keep you posted.

Any questions don't hesitate to call.

916-505-9026
[email protected]

Ciao,
Toddy

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Belanger Headers were silver coated. I had a PM from a member advising me to scrap the silver and get them done in black coating as it was the only coating that would stick.

When I unwrapped my headers (bought used) the previous owner had packaged them with packing tape. Many places had the coating pulled off by the tape. Should have coated them black. Or ... perhaps the previous owbner shouldn't have taped the headers ruining the coating. A couple of scrapes also showed that the coating doesn't seem to stick very well.

Be very careful with the coating.

Ted

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those wanting to reduce underhood heat, we have inconel headers covers and spark plug wire boots that work with most brands of headers.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it took me forever to get headers but it was the best sound ever when u get them done and start it up for the first time

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"My Belanger Headers were silver coated. I had a PM from a member advising me to scrap the silver and get them done in black coating as it was the only coating that would stick.

When I unwrapped my headers (bought used) the previous owner had packaged them with packing tape. Many places had the coating pulled off by the tape. Should have coated them black. Or ... perhaps the previous owbner shouldn't have taped the headers ruining the coating. A couple of scrapes also showed that the coating doesn't seem to stick very well.

Be very careful with the coating.

Ted
"

Excellent Point Ted,

That's why we (BBG) use JETHOT Exclusively! JETHOT preps our stainless steel headers to the highest industry standards:

(1)Thorough Media Blasting - for proper coating adherence
(2)Several Washing Cycles - to ensure no contaminants
(3)1.5 to 2 mm coating thickness
(4)After coating inspection - quality control
(5)If components don't meet JETHOT quality standards they will strip & re-coat prior to leaving facility

Another factor of thermal coating faliures that we at BBG see is that other header mfg's are using JETHOT silver coatings that are rated at 1200 degree. This can cause thermal coating faliures because the Viper's exhaust temps run at approximately 1100 degress and up, depending on set up and tuning.

In JETHOTS opinion, this is a mistake to run a thermal coating at it's maximum temperature rating.

This is why we at BBG run exlcusive::usa:
Satin Black 1600 degree
Extreme Sliver 1700 degree
JETHOT 2000 Flat Black 2400 degree

Also DC's suggestion of the Iconel Shields is an excellant recommendation. This keeps heat away from engine bay components & covers your headers ( visual inspection? ).

Ciao,
Toddy

Last edited:

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do these(BBG) headers just offer a better sound for Gen IIs, or have there been any dyno testing before and after JUST the header swap? Thanks!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cyaford,

The collector design for the ARH Gen IV ACRX header is the same for your Gen II application. I personally have not dynoed the GEN II before and after for the results, but we sure will when the opputunity arises. All of our developement was with the Dodge Motorsport Competition Coupe & ACRX's. We do have customers running these headers on Gen II's and are extremely pleased with their performance. Their Vipers will now run hard against the Gen III's and the Z06's.

Depending on if your Viper ( your personal profile description ) is a early or late 97' model year, you may have very restrictive exhaust manifolds. Also the 97' runs the more powerful Mopar 708 camshaft & forged pistons.

This being said your 97' will repond quite well to a set of these tuned headers. The long tube design & merge style collector will smooth out idle & reduce engine vibration on your Snakes V10. Expected power gains should be 22 to 25 rear wheel HP & 30 ft lbs Trq.

So consider this, Run your car to a local Dyno & then let's put a set of headers on your Viper and see what we got? You purchase the headers if interested & I will cover freight & comp you a set of my BBG ARP stainless steel bolt kit.

Below is my contact info if interested.

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy Gomez - President
(916)505-9026
[email protected]

Attachments

• =BBG= ARP SS Bolt Kit.jpg
    =BBG= ARP SS Bolt Kit.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5411 (2).jpg
    IMG_5411 (2).jpg